Naomi-0172

Worldwide Economic Slowdown

37 posts in this topic

By definition a debate is a discusion be tween people with differing opinions. I think that probably describes us but the reason you wont  do it is because you dont have an argument that makes sense.

On 3/26/2024 at 9:04 AM, whatagame said:

While I would love to take you up on such a sweet invitation, I Googled 'waste of time' and found, "trying to debate someone who posts this:  'If you can tell me one thing that is going well in this  country right now [i.e., If you disagree with me.] i will think you are delusional."  So, nah

2 minutes ago, Newoldbull said:

By definition a debate is a discusion be tween people with differing opinions. I think that probably describes us but the reason you wont  do it is because you dont have an argument that makes sense.

Saw an interesting analysis today.  The economy should actually be in much worse shape than it already is.

You know how bad the job market is for people looking for work in general?  It should be much worse than it is, since unemployment is artificially low.  I'm not talking the BS U3 vs workforce participation rate manipulation, or how the asshole politicians release "Oh there were 500 thousand new jobs! Look how wonderful we are!" then 2 months later the real numbers come out, almost always half of the bullshit they say, and most of those end up being just finally rehiring for jobs lost years ago.

This one was that that when Covid hit, so many folks closer to retirement said fuck it and retired.  Mostly skilled labor like plumbers, electricians, machinists, and the like.  The major issue is that lets say 5 million people extra retired "too soon" and only like 1 million people got hired to replace them.  That's bad enough but that's one million people that wouldn't have been hired otherwise, meaning unemployment should be higher by that many people.

On 3/22/2024 at 9:18 AM, whatagame said:

"Garbage like this is why the 'politics' category was created. "

The thrust of my post was the echo chambers of the Internet, of all strips. Perhaps I should have included Q’anon for balance.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

The thrust of my post was the echo chambers of the Internet, of all strips. Perhaps I should have included Q’anon for balance.

The thrust of your post wasn't political. Tacking on a call for the prosecution of BLM protesters was. Same with equating them to Q'anon here. But you know that.

5 hours ago, whatagame said:

The thrust of your post wasn't political. Tacking on a call for the prosecution of BLM protesters was. 

I don’t believe in prosecuting protesters, but I do believe in prosecuting rioters, looters, and arsonists.

If the shoe fits, …

On 3/29/2024 at 1:45 AM, Newoldbull said:

The reason it’s your so called bullshit over and over is because facts dont change. I dont come up with a new story every week unlike you. You have been wrong on the Russian collusion hoax. If there was anything to that dont you think the liberal media and the people managing Biden would be hitting on that full bore. They wore that story out.  You have been wrong on the Hunter Biden laptop. The only reason the Bidens arent being prosecuted is because of the liberal media and the DOJ  is protecting them. If there was as much evidence against us we would be looking between bars now. I could go on but you get the general gist. Democrats rely on unimformed voters. Taking over the mainstream media fell right into their playbook. Go watch Good Morning Joe. Disgusting!! A debate usually involves people with differing viewpoints so i think you and i are in a debate. But anyway i didnt even touch on the legal warfare that was tried to keep Trump off the ballot in Colorado and other states. If you think this is protecting democracy when over half of the voters would vote for him then i think you are advocatinng voter suppression. Actually think about. This is how things happening in the countries people are supposedly fleeing to is are getting away from. 

Maybe you guys could settle this on the undercard of Tyson/Paul fight?