Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gr8owl

John Fielder

7 posts in this topic

If you appreciate Colorado and magnificent photography you probably are aware of John Fielder's work.  Especially impressive are the photos where he found the exact location and vista from iconic and excellent 1800's photographs and published both then and now photos side by side.  He was unique and talented.  Find thousands of his photos here:

https://www.historycolorado.org/john-fielders-colorado-collection

Well worth the time.  He will be missed but his legacy lives on to be enjoyed.

He did some phenomenal photos that showed off our state in the best of ways.  Sorry to hear of his death.

His work is truly fantastic, he did a great job of showcasing our state.

I thought he was much older than he actually is.

He has been renowned forever for his work highlighting the best of Colorado.

I always enjoyed looking at his work.

He was also a member of the Great Outdoors Colorado board, published 40 or more books and was very active in promoting conservation and preserving open space.  Not sure how many times I would browse his work and see a photo and immediately say "I know that place!!"  Like this one of one of my favorite haunts years back - before they screwed it up.

https://5008.sydneyplus.com/HistoryColorado_ArgusNet_Final/ViewImage.aspx?template=Image&field=DerivedIma&hash=ba3c11655373997b3463f713776822e7&width=max&height=max&r=1973317836&lang=en-US

May have to copy and paste into browser directly.

I am in AWE every time I come across a picture of his! Thank you for sharing his information. 😊