Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
average1

Sugar Free Barbecue sauce

13 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

@Caressa Duval I am so happy you have great clients! 

-“@Average1 that sounds delicious to me! 

Kali, the no sugar BBQ sauce turned out delicious.  Made it yesterday and did the pulled chicken.  My apartment mate said he could not tell it was no sugar added.  80% less carbs/sugar than regular BBQ sauce and really tasty.

4 hours ago, average1 said:

Kali, the no sugar BBQ sauce turned out delicious.  Made it yesterday and did the pulled chicken.  My apartment mate said he could not tell it was no sugar added.  80% less carbs/sugar than regular BBQ sauce and really tasty.

WHat is the Recipe?

8 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I think @average1is a master chef! 

Yep, everything he makes sounds fabulous! 

32 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

Yep, everything he makes sounds fabulous! 

We need to hire him! He is also a musician! 

18 hours ago, Kaduk said:

WHat is the Recipe?

Off the top of my head I don't remember the exact amounts, but used the whole bottle ofHeinz No-Sugar Added Ketchup,  a handful of Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute (for the sweet), Apple Cider Vinegar (for tanginess), Worcester Sauce, Tabasco Sauce (for some heat), a bit of mustard, just a bit of Liquid Smoke, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder plus some fresh garlic, a pinch of pepper and some water.  Heat it to a mild boil while stirring, then turn it down to a simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Let cool, bottle it and put it in the fridge.  I used it right after cooling and it was tasty on the pulled chicken.  The YouTube vids I watched said it tastes even better after being in the fridge for a day or two.   Of course you can adjust the amounts to taste.  This was my first try, and I am VERY pleased.  Thanks to all the folks who did YouTube videos for me to watch to get some ideas, recipes and basics to start from.

Yesterday I did a pot roast in my Foodi pressure cooker and pan sauteed a boatload of veggies (cabbage, onion, garlic, red and yellow peppers, and egg plant.  Seasoned the veggies with salt, pepper and a Cajun seasoning.

10 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I think @average1is a master chef! 

Kali, I do love to cook and I've enjoyed trying to cut back on carbs/sugar with some new recipes.  Dropped 5 pounds in the past 6 weeks and I am fine with continuing to lose weight slowly.

1 hour ago, average1 said:

Kali, I do love to cook and I've enjoyed trying to cut back on carbs/sugar with some new recipes.  Dropped 5 pounds in the past 6 weeks and I am fine with continuing to lose weight slowly.

Congratulations on the weight loss 
@average1!l I know you love to have fun in life with all that you do too! When you write your culinary arts book I need a signed copy, please! My weight loss program has been very slow and diligence was called to order too! It sure is not easy when food is delicious! We are both sticking with it though! It is for health first! Looking better is part of feeling better too! Proud of us and our friends we both share! 🥰🥰

I am doing Golo.com it really works! At least for me, it does with the Release supplements. Chromium Is a major fighter along with magnesium. Helping with insulin resistance. (not to sound like a commercial). Also, especially for women as we age calcium. Lol, I could go on and on calcium is important with what I learned. Ladies' bone loss over the age of 40 while dieting can become a problem as you age with bone loss. calcium and magnesium.
Just my Kali 2 cents! 
 We all must continue to do our own beautiful dance in life! 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Can’t see a damn thing!

23 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

We need to hire him! He is also a musician! 

I know! A man about talent for sure!

Such a nice person!

13 hours ago, average1 said:

Off the top of my head I don't remember the exact amounts, but used the whole bottle ofHeinz No-Sugar Added Ketchup,  a handful of Swerve Brown Sugar Substitute (for the sweet), Apple Cider Vinegar (for tanginess), Worcester Sauce, Tabasco Sauce (for some heat), a bit of mustard, just a bit of Liquid Smoke, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder plus some fresh garlic, a pinch of pepper and some water.  Heat it to a mild boil while stirring, then turn it down to a simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Let cool, bottle it and put it in the fridge.  I used it right after cooling and it was tasty on the pulled chicken.  The YouTube vids I watched said it tastes even better after being in the fridge for a day or two.   Of course you can adjust the amounts to taste.  This was my first try, and I am VERY pleased.  Thanks to all the folks who did YouTube videos for me to watch to get some ideas, recipes and basics to start from.

Yesterday I did a pot roast in my Foodi pressure cooker and pan sauteed a boatload of veggies (cabbage, onion, garlic, red and yellow peppers, and egg plant.  Seasoned the veggies with salt, pepper and a Cajun seasoning.

Sounds GREAT!

On 7/16/2023 at 2:00 PM, Kaduk said:

WHat is the Recipe?

@Average1 will get back to us. A great sweetener for me is prune juice. Lol makes you go too! Aded bonus😂😂