Angel of Denver

Phone Issues/ Need a recommendation

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have never had the issue before I was using google voice and not violating any terms of use by my account keeps getting deactivated.  Does anyone know of a good phone or text app to use for this? 

xoxo

I've found that getting a prepaid phone works really well for me.  The only downside is having two phones and having to be careful where to store it.  I tried Google Voice and was not happy.  I researched a bunch of others and didn't find anything that seemed satisfactory, so I went with the physical phone and it's way better.  It does cost a little, but it has saved me so many hassles that it's worth it.

BTW, providers that care will look it up and see that your number is a google voice and not be happy about it.

Edited by CountryGentleman

Whoops!   So sorry.  I totally flubbed that.  I need to look at who is posting before answering.  My most humble apologies @Angel of Denver

I have it on good authority from some quality ladies that the TextNow app is a good one.  

On 4/18/2023 at 4:25 PM, CountryGentleman said:

I've found that getting a prepaid phone works really well for me.  The only downside is having two phones and having to be careful where to store it.  I tried Google Voice and was not happy.  I researched a bunch of others and didn't find anything that seemed satisfactory, so I went with the physical phone and it's way better.  It does cost a little, but it has saved me so many hassles that it's worth it.

BTW, providers that care will look it up and see that your number is a google voice and not be happy about it.

I know we're slightly off topic, but I also settled on the prepaid hobby phone. I looked into various aps but something about that didn't seem right, and I know a lot of ladies don't want to be contacted that way. Having a second phone is a bit of a hassle once in a while, but I've found ways around it. Primarily, I just keep it at the office. Minutes aren't that expensive, $20 buys 60 months over a 90 day period and I've never exceed that amount.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:05 PM, Angel of Denver said:

Hello,

I have never had the issue before I was using google voice and not violating any terms of use by my account keeps getting deactivated.  Does anyone know of a good phone or text app to use for this? 

xoxo

Sideline 

I'd avoid Google anything.  Right now, there are circulating in my geographic area (as in constant motion) groups of 4 -5 ladies, only the "lead" lady speaks any English.  One group is Venezuelan, one group is Colombian, one group is Cuban, you get the idea...

The local boneheads use Google translate to ask for specific services and settle on a donation during the actual appointment!   Everything that hits the internet is recorded and never goes away.  I use a burner app on my phone for final address and not much else.  Any discussion of a "substantial" nature is done via encrypted Protonmail email over a randomly generated Proton VPN connection.  A lot of the more experienced ladies are switching over to Proton as well.  My Plus package (the name of the Proton service, in no way am I insinuating I have a Plus anything) gives me up to 15 emails, 5 domain names, and about 50 Gb of cloud storage.  I was an early supporter of Proton, so every year they up my cloud storage by about 5 Gb for the same price.

On 5/16/2023 at 1:21 AM, F117 said:

I'd avoid Google anything.  Right now, there are circulating in my geographic area (as in constant motion) groups of 4 -5 ladies, only the "lead" lady speaks any English.  One group is Venezuelan, one group is Colombian, one group is Cuban, you get the idea...

The local boneheads use Google translate to ask for specific services and settle on a donation during the actual appointment!   Everything that hits the internet is recorded and never goes away.  I use a burner app on my phone for final address and not much else.  Any discussion of a "substantial" nature is done via encrypted Protonmail email over a randomly generated Proton VPN connection.  A lot of the more experienced ladies are switching over to Proton as well.  My Plus package (the name of the Proton service, in no way am I insinuating I have a Plus anything) gives me up to 15 emails, 5 domain names, and about 50 Gb of cloud storage.  I was an early supporter of Proton, so every year they up my cloud storage by about 5 Gb for the same price.

Yes, yes, yes