Caressa Duval

Will Smith SLAPS Chris Rock

15 posts in this topic

I had just watched a podcast prior to watching the video of this slap. The podcast was with comedians, and rappers. They discussed the forbidden things you NEVER make jokes about, or trash in songs. The answer: Other people's wives/SO or their children! 

Tough place to be in when your wife, with a medical condition, is made fun of on one of the biggest entertainment events. The Oscars.

What would I do, if this was my husband or child living with Alopecia? Who is the bully here?

My heart says, you never make a joke about someone with a medical condition!!The punchline is not worth hurting someone :(

Violence is never good, but protecting the ones we love....it may include slapping someone who is saying hurtful things to them. Words can cause wounds that will last forever :(

Will Smith apologized to the entertainer Chris Rock for slapping him during Oscars broadcast after the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, which oversees the honors, reprimanded his activities and opened an investigation into the episode.

Chris Rock is the asshole that had it coming and that needs to apologize.  It is totally unacceptable to make tasteless, insulting jokes about a physical condition that the person being "joked" about has no control over.  It is also used to be generally considered unacceptable to be disrespectful and insult another man's SO/wife especially publicly and in both their faces.  It was totally unacceptable for another asshole to do it and it was totally unacceptable for Mr. Rock to do it.  Should Mr. Smith have gotten violent?  Probably not, if only because that is what people will remember and talk about, not the fact that he has long deserved recognition for his acting performances and the whole thing puts a stain on what should have been a night of celebration for him. (Another reason for him to be pissed at Rock.  Who wants their big night shit on by some shallow jackass comedian dissing your wife about her physical affliction?)  So, bottom line, repeat, it is the asshole that is Chris Rock that needs to apologize.  Just wish Smith were available to do the same to all who have it coming - the shit the majority seems to find acceptable these days is astounding.  Perhaps if a few more got bitch slapped decorum would return.  JMHO  Back to regular programming lol.

What EVER happened to "sticks and stones"???????  Words have forever been used to settle conflict "diplomacy" over violence.  IF I saw the video correctly the man was laughing at the joke along with everyone else until she gave him the stink eye.  H should be charged with assault and battery.  In many states, assault victims don't have a say in whether or not charges are filed, L.E. is required to file charges if there is ample evidence that the crime took place.  There are certainly ample witnesses.  Kind of interesting that Will Smith can tolerate the world knowing about the couples sex life, but gets all worked up over a joke that he laughed at.

26 minutes ago, mustang said:

What EVER happened to "sticks and stones"???????  Words have forever been used to settle conflict "diplomacy" over violence.

So SAD!!!

Sticks and Stones: Why That Old Children's Rhyme Is So Wrong

In this era of hate speech, it is words that hurt and words that heal.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/cop-doc/201908/sticks-and-stones-why-old-childrens-rhyme-is-so-wrong

1 hour ago, mustang said:

What EVER happened to "sticks and stones"???????  Words have forever been used to settle conflict "diplomacy" over violence.  IF I saw the video correctly the man was laughing at the joke along with everyone else until she gave him the stink eye.  H should be charged with assault and battery.  In many states, assault victims don't have a say in whether or not charges are filed, L.E. is required to file charges if there is ample evidence that the crime took place.  There are certainly ample witnesses.  Kind of interesting that Will Smith can tolerate the world knowing about the couples sex life, but gets all worked up over a joke that he laughed at.

Their sex life is their business and their business alone and has ZERO to do with the question.  As to the laugh, it was the kind of nervous laugh that says "I am trying to decide whether to ignore your bullshit or kick your ass."  If you have spent any time whatsoever in bars I am sure you have heard the laugh before.  The laugh that means danger, back away.  And he was not looking at wife's stink eye.  Smith did not budge until Rock decided to rub it some more with "that was a nice one"  My point remains - Mr. Rock deserved it and owes an apology.  Yeah, the old "words will never hurt you" is bullshit.  Words can hurt for decades, the deserved slap has probably stopped stinging already.

What a bunch of white knight, damsel in distress, bullshit.

Look, when it comes to proving one's manhood, hitting a man across the face, a much smaller one at that, is something that happens where you can be hit back, stabbed, or shot, which does not include a live broadcast seen around the world. What was Rock supposed to do, brawl, face expulsion from the Academy, like Smith is? Sure, the Smith's marital issues are no one's business, except when they're made public, the facts of which illustrate a vastly different response to having more than your wife's name in another man's mouth. And it wasn't something that happened in an open relationship. Fuck. That.

So if hitting a COMEDIC HOST working from a script on national TV is not only acceptable but a badge of honor, then what might stepping into the creampie a guy you were trying to help made in your bed justify? Still, it isn't that he didn't respond with violence at such a grave transgression that brings his manhood into question, but that he hit a man whose hands were quite literally tied behind his back is a dick if not bitch move.

Now, it's not like Rock wasn't the first black host. So what about the ballyhooed black-on-black violence at an event POC have historically been excluded from, especially in the era of Black Lives Matter? There, I said it.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, Caressa Duval said:

I had just watched a podcast prior to watching the video of this slap. The podcast was with comedians, and rappers. They discussed the forbidden things you NEVER make jokes about, or trash in songs. The answer: Other people's wives/SO or their children! 

Tough place to be in when your wife, with a medical condition, is made fun of on one of the biggest entertainment events. The Oscars.

What would I do, if this was my husband or child living with Alopecia? Who is the bully here?

My heart says, you never make a joke about someone with a medical condition!!The punchline is not worth hurting someone :(

Violence is never good, but protecting the ones we love....it may include slapping someone who is saying hurtful things to them. Words can cause wounds that will last forever :(

Very poor taste to make fun of anyone with a health condition. Sorry, just echo thBack to you, @Caressa Duval. Chris Rock was totally in the wrong for what he said! Further reasoning why I chose not to watch such programs as that of Awards or become consumed by actors and actresses. I never cared to know about their private lives! And as soon as the TV goes off or I walk out of a theater? Those individuals no longer exist in my mind. I only think about the storyline and what I learned or took from what I viewed.

Their business is private and should remain as such. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
fix her name

Starting thinking why I don’t give a rip about the famous. Then I thought about this author that I read several of his books long ago. Possibly, from my high school Jr high years? I can’t remember? 

If       you will practice being fictional    for a while, you will understand       that fictional characters are          sometimes more real than             people with bodies                and heartbeats.
Hell ya! I grew up during the 70’s. I think, for these times, with all the chaos and hostility in the world and also with living through a pandemic. It just makes me nostalgic for those easy, carefree childhood memories.  

On 4/4/2022 at 5:57 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Very poor taste to make fun of anyone with a health condition. Sorry, just echo thBack to you, @Caressa Duval. Chris Rock was totally in the wrong for what he said! Further reasoning why I chose not to watch such programs as that of Awards or become consumed by actors and actresses. I never cared to know about their private lives! And as soon as the TV goes off or I walk out of a theater? Those individuals no longer exist in my mind. I only think about the storyline and what I learned or took from what I viewed.

Their business is private and should remain as such. 

That's Good!

6 hours ago, janny-ammerson said:

That's Good!

Could you and your other alter egos Sven, Jonny, etc. please simply have something, anything to actually say before posting instead of the usual "good" "i agree" etc..  There is little enough going on these days here without having to wade through the weeds of pointless posts by multiple handled, probable juveniles.

On 7/16/2022 at 10:35 AM, gr8owl said:

Could you and your other alter egos Sven, Jonny, etc. please simply have something, anything to actually say before posting instead of the usual "good" "i agree" etc..  There is little enough going on these days here without having to wade through the weeds of pointless posts by multiple handled, probable juveniles.

Are you serious, @gr0owl????? 

What is the point of having, “multiple personalities”? The client/man can get away with it! However, honestly? It makes the individual  Look insane! What Is wrong with being only one personality? Be authentic! Stop the BS! 

I am Sorry, to derail the topic! However, this is important to me on many levels and I like to believe to the ladies/ companions also!  

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Are you serious? Yes

What is the point of having, “multiple personalities”? The client/man can get away with it! However, honestly? It makes the individual  Look insane! What Is wrong with being only one personality? Be authentic! Stop the BS! 

I am Sorry, to derail the topic! However, this is important to me on many levels and I like to believe to the ladies/ companions also!  

Ummmm:

YARN | Oh! I ain't fer it. I'm agin it! | The Simpsons (1989) - S04E12  Comedy | Video clips by quotes | ecdb7bb4 | 紗

Ok then! You have a

18 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Ummmm:

YARN | Oh! I ain't fer it. I'm agin it! | The Simpsons (1989) - S04E12  Comedy | Video clips by quotes | ecdb7bb4 | 紗

🤣🤣 sipping my tea and thinking, I might need more time to process This... No, I need some sleep.