Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Newoldbull

Political discussion boards on another site

30 posts in this topic

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention this other site because of TOB rules but out of boredom I went to this site and went to the discussion board on politics. It is a very popular site so I think alot of people know what I'm talking about.   But I was Shocked! We have our disagreements on this site but we manage to keep it fairly civil and try not to insult each other to a certain degree. I was astounded by the back and forth and the name calling and hostility. I know we are a divided country right now but I think alot of these people would be shut down on this site. Just would like to hear other opinions. Like I said I'm bored!

Don’t be such an asshole!😜

I think there are a couple of factors at play here:

The average age here is, I suspect, trending toward the upper end of the spectrum…

The folks that play in the Political sandbox here are few…

Finally, there were new more stringent rules put in place a few years ago that, while sometimes seemingly lightly enforced, are mainly respected by most of the formerly rambunctious members(myself included).

Well I guess that blows my praise of TOB members. First response I get I'm an asshole. Thanks pal!! I've listened to some of your posts and it doesn't suprise me at all about your response. I'm sure I won't lose any sleep about what you think. Get some help!!!

I reread your post and I hope I misinterpreted your message. Anyway if that's the case Sorry!

1 hour ago, Newoldbull said:

I reread your post and I hope I misinterpreted your message. Anyway if that's the case Sorry!

I think you missed the emoji on your 1st pass. 😱🥴

On 2/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, Bit Banger said:

I think you missed the emoji on your 1st pass. 😱🥴

Emoji this?! @Newoldbull as long as you’re not insulting anyone in particular you should be safe. However, understand that as well as whatever someone wishes to post they become topic of debated. And yea at times there are favorites! If  you have a bad go with something you write? Hell just wait a week or so before coming back on Again. No worries!! Everything eventually becomes buried, only to emerge a year later. 

*Why is Russia fighting with Ukraine? Do you have any answers? It is killing the market is all I know.

Mean while your financial portfolio suffers…Damn Total shitstorm! ! 😖

5 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

…. 

*Why is Russia fighting with Ukraine? Do you have any answers? It is killing the market is all I know. 

Why did Lincoln fight the Confederacy?  Russia still thinks that it is the top dog of the USSR, but the USSR has dissolved into its various states, of which Ukraine is one.

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Why did Lincoln fight the Confederacy?  Russia still thinks that it is the top dog of the USSR, but the USSR has dissolved into its various states, of which Ukraine is one.

Uh-oh.

Sometimes I think you post this nonsense to titillate…

16 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

Uh-oh.

Sometimes I think you post this nonsense to titillate…

Have you got a better answer to her question?

22 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

… Why is Russia fighting with Ukraine? …

The one word answer: secession.

Which applies to both Lincoln & Putin.

If you have a different theory, trot it out.

23 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Have you got a better answer to her question?

The one word answer: secession.

Which applies to both Lincoln & Putin.

If you have a different theory, trot it out.

Ukraine is an independent country, they did not secede from anything.

While it’s true that Putin wants to restore some sort of former glory from invading independent Countries, there is literally no analogy with the American civil war.

Ukraine is NOW an independent country.  But it was a member of the USSR. I believe the Putin has dreams of resurrecting the USSR, correcting the secession of several former member states during the breakup of the USSR.  You are correct that doing so now would be the invasion of an independent country.  He is using arguments similar to those used by Hitler for annexation of Sudetenland, Alsace-Lorraine, and western Poland.

Remember, Nikita Khrushchev was Ukrainian. 

Edited by Bit Banger

You want to start in 1900's you leave out about a thousand years of being both having descended from the Kievan Rus and then squabbling, joining, fighting, splitting, fighting ever since.  Stuff they never mention in history classes.  See attached for a brief summary.  Bottom line Russians and who they call "Little Russians" are in a thousand year family tiff that is best to stay the fuck out of in my opinion.  Phone calls from Biden and Macron and all the sanctions in the world are not going to magically end this one.

https://theweek.com/articles/449691/ukraines-fraught-relationship-russia-brief-history

41 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

You want to start in 1900's you leave out about a thousand years of being both having descended from the Kievan Rus and then squabbling, joining, fighting, splitting, fighting ever since.  Stuff they never mention in history classes.  See attached for a brief summary.  Bottom line Russians and who they call "Little Russians" are in a thousand year family tiff that is best to stay the fuck out of in my opinion.  Phone calls from Biden and Macron and all the sanctions in the world are not going to magically end this one.

https://theweek.com/articles/449691/ukraines-fraught-relationship-russia-brief-history

I agree that we have no business getting into a conflict over Ukraine. Why would we get involved when this administration seems to be oblivious to the disaster happening on our own southern border. Can you imagine how this bunch of clowns would handle a conflict after watching them mishandle and completely fuck up everything else they've touched in the last year.

Why would we get involved when this country seems to be oblivious to the stupidity happening within our own borders. Can you imagine how this bunch of clowns would handle a conflict after watching them mishandle and completely fuck up everything else they've touched in the last six years.

fixed it for you.

11 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

fixed it for you.

I would like to set the record straight. That is not what I said. I know you are a fanatical Trump hater but there wouldn't be Russian troops massing on the Ukranian border if Putin couldn't see weakness and ineptitude in this administration. Doesn't it seem funny that all this happened in the last year and after Putin watched the clusterfuck of a withdrawal from Afghanistan. Are allies are wondering and our adversaries are licking their lips when they see this. Trump is old news for now. This fucking idiot is in charge now and needs to be held accountable. One sign of how bad this guy is doing is the liberal media is even turning against him. You can only hide Sleepy Joe for so long!!

1 minute ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Mean while your financial portfolio suffers…Damn Shitstorm! 😖

Inflation is out of control, fuel prices rising, crisis at the border, I could go on but you know I'm talking about. But the Trump haters won't let up. Maybe it's time to spend our time scrutinizing what's going on now. Biden is a fucking joke!

11 hours ago, gr8owl said:

You want to start in 1900's you leave out about a thousand years …

Interesting read!  Thanks.

Yes, stay out of this.  How about we let the UN be the world’s police force for a change?  Isn’t that why they were created?  Besides, it reeks protecting Biden family interests.

And as newoldbull says, we have our own invasion to worry about on our southern border (*).

(*) Disclosure: I now live in the Rio Grande Valley of S. Texas. The Southern Border Crisis is local news.

9 hours ago, Newoldbull said:

Inflation is out of control, fuel prices rising, crisis at the border, I could go on but you know I'm talking about. But the Trump haters won't let up. Maybe it's time to spend our time scrutinizing what's going on now. Biden is a fucking joke!

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Interesting read!  Thanks.

Yes, stay out of this.  How about we let the UN be the world’s police force for a change?  Isn’t that why they were created?  Besides, it reeks protecting Biden family interests.

And as newoldbull says, we have our own invasion to worry about on our southern border (*).

(*) Disclosure: I now live in the Rio Grande Valley of S. Texas. The Southern Border Crisis is local news.

10 hours ago, Newoldbull said:

I would like to set the record straight. That is not what I said. I know you are a fanatical Trump hater but there wouldn't be Russian troops massing on the Ukranian border if Putin couldn't see weakness and ineptitude in this administration. Doesn't it seem funny that all this happened in the last year and after Putin watched the clusterfuck of a withdrawal from Afghanistan. Are allies are wondering and our adversaries are licking their lips when they see this. Trump is old news for now. This fucking idiot is in charge now and needs to be held accountable. One sign of how bad this guy is doing is the liberal media is even turning against him. You can only hide Sleepy Joe for so long!!

You two are hilarious.  Trump is the one that cut the deal with the Taliban, specified a date for withdrawal and pulled troop strength down to irrelevant levels in Afghanistan, but it is Biden whose weakness encouraged the Russians?  But Trump wailing for four years about NATO not being worth the cost and we should withdraw from it - Putin's wet dream - was being tough on Russia!!!  Ukraine "reeks protection of Biden family interests" - yeah shutting off Russian gas from the gas company a Biden used to be on board of really protects family interests.  A gas company with no gas!!  But by all means lets not talk about the only bank that would do business with the Orange One after his 7 bankruptcies was Deutch Bank, who let the insurrectionist in chief default on his Trump Tower Chicago loans AND keep the building!! Where did the money come from?  Putin and the Russian mob money - up to 20 billion - that Deutch Bank laundered.  This is no conspiracy theory - it is a matter of numerous court proceedings and settlements.  Deutch Bank paid 700 million in fines for said laundering.  Then they were caught again doing the same in 2019 and 2020 - you know, while your hero was in office.  What did he care - he benefitted to the tune of hundreds of millions.  So why does Putin think he has impunity to do whatever the fuck he wants when his wholly owned president is expected to run again and win in 2024?  I don't know - either of you able to figure this out yet?  As to the border, it has been a total cluster fuck ever since Saint Ronnie, patron saint of all republican stupidity, solved the illegal immigrant crisis by granting blanket amnesty to millions.  BOTH parties ever since have failed miserably to do anything what-so-ever about the "border crisis".  Is it a crisis when it has been going on for 40 years?  BTW, two months ago federal courts ordered Biden to revert to Trump era policies - look it up, google can be your friend.  So the current "crisis" is from following Trump policies.  As to inflation - there was a pandemic, you might have noticed.  Yes deficit spending contributes - like the 6 trillion in deficit spending the Orange Party did during the Trump Travesty.  Oh, and the Biden spending you want to blame has not been spent yet - infrastructure bill is spread out over ten years lol.  Much of the inflation is due to high fuel prices - even though oil prices at around 80 per barrel are 60 a barrel UNDER prices when gas was a buck lower than now.  Hmmmmm, what could be going on?  Not oil and gas boys trying very hard to take out the guy pushing green energy - no, who would think such a thing lol!! I suppose you will both valiantly hang on to the ludicrous position that there was no coup attempt either.  Me I Trump hater?  Damn right - I hate anyone that sells out the country to Putin/Russia and tries his level best - and STILL AT IT - to overthrow the legitimately elected government.  Its called treason and sedition, and yes damn straight I hate anyone doing it.  And yes I could go on and on and have brought all this up before but you two would rather keep guzzling the tang and believing the steady stream of lies from the pathetic Goofy Old Party, aka GOP.  Astounding!   And boy, I hope there were no emails in those boxes marked "top secret" that Orange One took home with him, cause you know, unsecure emails mentioning classified stuff is horrible!!  You both have a nice, bright sunny day in the fantasy land you live in where the sun shines bright orange every day on fascist dreams.

@gr8owl

Wow! Just wow! Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

The Southern Border problem goes back further.  Remember Eisenhower’s [snip] immigration law enforcement initiative created by Joseph Swing, the Director of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), in cooperation with the Mexican government. The program was implemented in June 1954 by U.S. Attorney General Herbert Brownell.?  Reagan’s amnesty was part of a deal for immigration reform, but the reform didn’t happen. As humanitarian as some of the policy (DACA? Unaccompanied minors etc.) changes are, they are also contrary to our current laws and unfair to those who do follow those same laws.  If you want new policies, get Congress to pass new laws.

PS: You seem to be under the (mistaken) impression that I am a Trump supporter.  I am not!  I just happen to think that most Democrats’ policies are contrary to our best interests.

Edited by Kaduk
What may have been an acceptable word has been removed account its a systemic racist term.

10 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

@gr8owl

The usual trump supporters and their literally blind devotion to treason.

13 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

The usual trump supporters and their literally blind devotion to treason.

You obviously ignored my last paragraph. 😕🥴

1 minute ago, Bit Banger said:

You obviously ignored my last paragraph. 😕🥴

Nope.  Read all of it, including between the lines.  But wasn't referring to you, so don't have a Carly Simon moment. :lol:

31 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

@gr8owl

BTW rather than worrying about soiled cheerios, feel free to dispute anything I stated.  But do it with "Just the facts, Sir" to paraphrase Friday.

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

BTW rather than worrying about soiled cheerios, feel free to dispute anything I stated.  But do it with "Just the facts, Sir" to paraphrase Friday.

We can all go cos cos for Coa Coa Puffs! I don’t care about what affiliation anyone is with politics. @Newoldbull wanted a debate and I hope he enjoyed? Even though it was a bit half ass and I knew that I would get no real solid answer to my question I I was asking!😂 

On 2/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, gr8owl said:

You two are hilarious.  Trump is the one that cut the deal with the Taliban, specified a date for withdrawal and pulled troop strength down to irrelevant levels in Afghanistan, but it is Biden whose weakness encouraged the Russians?  But Trump wailing for four years about NATO not being worth the cost and we should withdraw from it - Putin's wet dream - was being tough on Russia!!!  Ukraine "reeks protection of Biden family interests" - yeah shutting off Russian gas from the gas company a Biden used to be on board of really protects family interests.  A gas company with no gas!!  But by all means lets not talk about the only bank that would do business with the Orange One after his 7 bankruptcies was Deutch Bank, who let the insurrectionist in chief default on his Trump Tower Chicago loans AND keep the building!! Where did the money come from?  Putin and the Russian mob money - up to 20 billion - that Deutch Bank laundered.  This is no conspiracy theory - it is a matter of numerous court proceedings and settlements.  Deutch Bank paid 700 million in fines for said laundering.  Then they were caught again doing the same in 2019 and 2020 - you know, while your hero was in office.  What did he care - he benefitted to the tune of hundreds of millions.  So why does Putin think he has impunity to do whatever the fuck he wants when his wholly owned president is expected to run again and win in 2024?  I don't know - either of you able to figure this out yet?  As to the border, it has been a total cluster fuck ever since Saint Ronnie, patron saint of all republican stupidity, solved the illegal immigrant crisis by granting blanket amnesty to millions.  BOTH parties ever since have failed miserably to do anything what-so-ever about the "border crisis".  Is it a crisis when it has been going on for 40 years?  BTW, two months ago federal courts ordered Biden to revert to Trump era policies - look it up, google can be your friend.  So the current "crisis" is from following Trump policies.  As to inflation - there was a pandemic, you might have noticed.  Yes deficit spending contributes - like the 6 trillion in deficit spending the Orange Party did during the Trump Travesty.  Oh, and the Biden spending you want to blame has not been spent yet - infrastructure bill is spread out over ten years lol.  Much of the inflation is due to high fuel prices - even though oil prices at around 80 per barrel are 60 a barrel UNDER prices when gas was a buck lower than now.  Hmmmmm, what could be going on?  Not oil and gas boys trying very hard to take out the guy pushing green energy - no, who would think such a thing lol!! I suppose you will both valiantly hang on to the ludicrous position that there was no coup attempt either.  Me I Trump hater?  Damn right - I hate anyone that sells out the country to Putin/Russia and tries his level best - and STILL AT IT - to overthrow the legitimately elected government.  Its called treason and sedition, and yes damn straight I hate anyone doing it.  And yes I could go on and on and have brought all this up before but you two would rather keep guzzling the tang and believing the steady stream of lies from the pathetic Goofy Old Party, aka GOP.  Astounding!   And boy, I hope there were no emails in those boxes marked "top secret" that Orange One took home with him, cause you know, unsecure emails mentioning classified stuff is horrible!!  You both have a nice, bright sunny day in the fantasy land you live in where the sun shines bright orange every day on fascist dreams.

I just now read your speech! I had skimmed over it earlier but seen it was the same old TDS rant that you are famous for. I'm not going to respond to all of it because I have more important things to do besides bickering with some liberal nutcase. But I will say that the border crisis that we are experiencing now is unprecedented. We have had over 2 million illegals enter this country in the last year and there has been no effort by this administration to to slow it down. They are purposely letting it happen. The border patrol is expressing there frustration but it's hearing deaf ears. Flying them to destinations in the middle of the night to try to hide it. If you can't see the difference you need to pull your head out. Also I have a News Flash! Donald Trump has not been the president for almost a year and a half. Do you think maybe all this bullshit might have a little to do with Sleepy Joe. Lastly you mentioned Trump making a deal with the Taliban. Biden tore up every other thing thing that Trump did. So I thinks it's ludicrous for you to say he had to abide by that agreement. Even if there was an agreement that doesn't explain the complete mishandling of that fiasco. Something that we haven't even seen the results of yet.            I just heard the Durham report is finally coming out and it might make crooked Hillary a little nervous. Not much coverage on the liberal media. Imagine that. Have a nice day in your liberal closet. I live in the real world!

I just now read your speech! I had skimmed over it earlier but seen it was the same old TDS rant that you are famous for. I'm not going to respond to all of it because I have more important things to do besides bickering with some liberal nutcase. But I will say that the border crisis that we are experiencing now is unprecedented. We have had over 2 million illegals enter this country in the last year and there has been no effort by this administration to to slow it down. They are purposely letting it happen. The border patrol is expressing there frustration but it's hearing deaf ears. Flying them to destinations in the middle of the night to try to hide it. If you can't see the difference you need to pull your head out. Also I have a News Flash! Donald Trump has not been the president for almost a year and a half. Do you think maybe all this bullshit might have a little to do with Sleepy Joe. Lastly you mentioned Trump making a deal with the Taliban. Biden tore up every other thing thing that Trump did. So I thinks it's ludicrous for you to say he had to abide by that agreement. Even if there was an agreement that doesn't explain the complete mishandling of that fiasco. Something that we haven't even seen the results of yet.            I just heard the Durham report is finally coming out and it might make crooked Hillary a little nervous. Not much coverage on the liberal media. Imagine that. Have a nice day in your liberal closet. I live in the real world!

First, you are the slow learner that picked the argument.  And you will not respond to the main important parts because you can't and do not have a clue how to.  There are no talking points out yet for most of it - Tucker and Sean are working on it while drumming up support for Russia, incredibly right in front of your blind eyes.  If there was an agreement??? You cannot be that blind.  Never in dispute, it was in writing and binding, and yes Biden could have ripped it up and sent many thousands of troops back in and pissed away another trillion or two for nothing.  THAT would have scared the Russians alright - nobody likes the idea of a lunatic with the nuke codes, but hardly seems a great choice lol.   Durham is unintelligible irrelevancies that really proves nothing other than both campaigns spied on each other - same as every election since the beginning of elections.  Shades of Watergate. Crooked Hillary - I could give a shit.  By comparison Trump makes her look straight as a laser beam.  Hate Trump?  What - a lying jackass tries to overturn our legitimate government and become our fascist premier, withdraw from NATO and chum up with Putin and Kim and you DON'T hate him?  You and all the other orangies need to choose - the country and actual freedom and elections and our way of life or the Orange Travesty and delusional and/or lying minions.  Trump or country - easy choice.  And for the last time, I am not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination.  Bernie and the lefties are a cruel joke, give shit about Hillary and Sleepy Joe - at least he is tryin to do something right unlike the last guy who has no concept of right and wrong.  Convenient to try to insult me when you have no answer.  But I will not support Putin's puppet and the idiot remains of what used to be the republican party and I have no use for conservatives that do not have the balls to stand up for what is right and defy the one whose only fascination is how to overturn an election and get back to power.  The one who is doing his best to start a civil war.  And lastly as far as TDS - and the horse you rode in on.  I do NOT have dementia, it is not my fault Trump is a piece of shit with no redeeming qualities.  To not detest the man is dementia.  Or treason along with him.  What's your pleasure?  Oh, and don't forget.  Deutch Bank.

Well it looks like an Russian invasion of Ukraine is very likely. Putin has seen weakness and total incompetence in the Biden administration and is making his move. I  heard somebody say we should have gave all the weaponry we left in Afghanistan to Ukraine so they could defend themselves. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.  China invading Taiwan is the next crisis. They have been one of our strongest allies in that region for decades and to let them hang out to dry would be tragic. 

Well it looks like an Russian invasion of Ukraine is very likely. Putin has seen weakness and total incompetence in the Biden administration and is making his move. I  heard somebody say we should have gave all the weaponry we left in Afghanistan to Ukraine so they could defend themselves. It would be funny if it wasn't so serious.  China invading Taiwan is the next crisis. They have been one of our strongest allies in that region for decades and to let them hang out to dry would be tragic. 

More of your usual totally incorrect and opposite of reality opinions.  It was your idol Trump that stated the US would not actually come to the defense of NATO allies in the Baltic  area.  Despite that being the primary reason NATO exists - mutual, automatic defense against RUSSIA.  Perhaps this will refresh your short selective memory:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-remarks-nato-trigger-alarm-bells-europe-n613911

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/at-nato-summit-trump-abuses-americas-closest-friends/602959/

Biden easy on Russia?  What a joke.  Trump was practically their partner, disparaging NATO and member countries at every opportunity and praising Putin and Kim.  Oh, wait ........................ practically their partner ....... nothing to see here.  Go listen to Tucker some more.

Do you really think Biden has ANYTHING to do with Putin and Ukraine?  He first invaded Ukraine in 2014.  There is a thousand year history of Russians slaughtering and oppressing Ukranians - who they consider "little Russians." What did your boy do for four years besides encourage Putin to do more?  Of course when you are fully owned - literally - by the guy, well perhaps you can figure out the rest, but I doubt it.

When I read your last post I would have swore I was watching CNN. So I turned it off! 

When I read your last post I would have swore I was watching CNN. So I turned it off! 

I will take your word for it since I never watch CNN.  Guessing you never have either, but when you have no coherent opinion or argument ......

So if you are afraid to actually debate the topic, why post about it and start the "conversation?"  Just to show your brilliance?  Fail.

But don't take my word for it.  What did your orange idol have to say, just yesterday?  That Putin is a genius and what he has done in Ukraine is savvy.  Now THAT is tough on Russia lol!!!!!  At least he is loyal to his boss.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/22/trump-reacts-putins-invasion-ukraine-exactly-youd-expect/

First your news sources make me laugh. If Trump would have cured cancer they wouldn't have give him credit. They are the most Trump hating news I correct myself the most leftwing media outlets in our country on the planet. I will agree that Trump is egotistical and his tweets are over the top sometimes but how would you like to go back to filling your gas tank with 2 dollar gas compared to now. Sleepy Joe said he was going to do everything he can to keep gas prices down. Why not  go back to the Trump policies of lifting restrictions on drilling and oil production and going from being energy independent instead of becoming dependent on foreign oil. Our leverage on Russia is in the energy industry and these clowns have completely reversed it. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see what has happend. I'm  just a average citizen out here trying to cope with all this bullshit. BTW way diesel just went up 10 cents in last 24 hours.⁹