Elle Blake

US citizens left In Afghanistan-PISSED

41 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, contrails said:

Trump Trump Trump Trump…..like broken fucking TDS record. I suppose your next STD will be Trump’s fault? Hey how about your boy Biden abandoning Americans today? I suppose that’s Trumps fault as well? Delusional as usual. 

She asked a question and I answered it with simple FACTS.  Again, I am sorry the truth triggers you.  You really need to get help with that.

8 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Because Trump entered into a WRITTEN agreement with the terrorists (Taliban) …

Just as Pres. Truman entered agreements with the Nazis, with the Japanese, and with the N.Koreans.

Just as Pres. Nixon (bus Kissinger) negotiated with the N.VietNam.

Just as Pres. Bush the Elder and the UN negotiated with Saddam Husain.

It’s what you do when negotiating a peace treaty; you sit down and talk with your enemies.

Edited by Bit Banger

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Just as Pres. Truman entered agreements with the Nazis, with the Japanese, and with the N.Koreans.Nazis surrendered unconditionally, no negotiation. Korea - negotiation was mainly with China and resulted in an armistice (cease fire) still in effect.  Japan - if you call two nukes negotiation, sure. There were terms of surrender.

Just as Pres. Nixon (bus Kissinger) negotiated with the N.VietNam. And then gave the country to the north and viet cong and did NOTHING when the North violated all the terms.  OK, this one has similarities!!

Just as Pres. Bush the Elder and the UN negotiated with Saddam Husain. After a very swift decimation of his troops Hussein by letter agreed to UN terms to end hostilities.  Bush negotiated nothing.

It’s what you do when negotiating a peace treaty; you sit down and talk with your enemies.

All of the resulting agreements you cite ENDED a war (or major theatre), except Korea which is just a cease fire that continues.  And the negotiations INCLUDED our allies.  What Trump and Pompeo did was agree to end our involvement by unilateral agreement with the enemy while leaving our supposed allies (all of them, including Britain, France, NATO and Afghanistan official government) out, and leaving them to continue to fight the war or do what they did and fold.  So yes, it is what you do but not leaving out your supposed allies and essentially ceding the country to the enemy.  All of that said mainly in interest of accuracy, what exactly does that have to do with some people's position that Trump has no responsibility or blame for where we are?  All presidents from Bush the Lesser to and including Biden have their fingers in it, have made their own mistakes and share blame.  But the position being stated by many here and implied by you that Trump has no blame at all is simply false and indeed downright ludicrous.  He set this all in motion and left very few viable options.

We can't blame Mohammed, but we should try blaiming the Saudi Aradians. We would have run them over in 6 months and we could have stayed out of Afghanistan. 

On 8/26/2021 at 2:03 PM, gr8owl said:

Never heard of him, in googling would never consider listening to him for the same reason I do not listen to Tucker, Hannity, Alex Jones or the Gateway Pundit.  Left or right, they are all lying idiots whose only concern is ratings, power, money.  The only denying I see is that BOTH Trump and Biden have some responsibility here.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, gr8owl said:

And for all the howling at the moon, no US citizen has been left behind yet in this largest airlift ever.  Ain't over till its over.

Actually, US citizens were left behind  including a family member of mine. Scarier yrt,yet, lot of our military weapond,weapons, left behind, are now in the hands of the Tsliban.

51 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Actually, US citizens were left behind  including a family member of mine. Scarier yrt,yet, lot of our military weapond,weapons, left behind, are now in the hands of the Tsliban.

Well my point was that until the US quits trying to get the rest out and until the Taliban stops allowing more to leave it is premature to say anyone was "left behind."  At least three plane loads have been flown out since the last troops were gone.  I hope your family member succeeds in getting out soon - IF they want to.  There were several US citizens that DECLINED to be flown out on those additional flights.  I remain curious as to why so many waited till the last minute to try to leave.  The prior president gave notice in February of 2020 that all needed to be out by May of 2021 by formal agreement with the Taliban.  The current President starting telling all the same thing in April of 2021.  When two presidents tell you "you need to leave no later than May" perhaps you should listen and leave while the leaving is good.  I am sure there may be unique circumstances for some that made it impractical before last minute ...... but the majority ....... why were they not long gone and out as they were told to be?  As to the weapons - yeah, consequence of our "allies" the Afghan army pulling a fast cut and run.  Don't know how you avoid/fix that.

On 9/22/2021 at 11:57 AM, gr8owl said:

Well my point was that until the US quits trying to get the rest out and until the Taliban stops allowing more to leave it is premature to say anyone was "left behind".  As to the weapons - yeah, consequence of our "allies" the Afghan army pulling a fast cut and run.  Don't know how you avoid/fix that.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:34 AM, gr8owl said:

Where do you get your news ? I watch c-span and reports of the taliban stopping people from leaving was reported weeks ago. So it's not premature to say no one was left behind.

As for Omar Rivero,I first heard of him while channel surfing one day and watched an interview with him on CNN,he sure is a menace. Rivero is the owner and founder of Occupy Democrats and a major stockholder in MSNBC. Interesting that you can rattle off the On air staff of FOX. (I had to Google those names).

Edited by JRWolfe
Typo

52 minutes ago, JRWolfe said:

Where do you get your news ?Lots of places, even Fox.  But never CNN or MSNBC.  Occasionally newsnation, BBC, even Al Jazeera.  ABC with plenty of salt handy. I watch c-span and reports of the taliban stopping people from leaving was reported weeks ago. So it's not premature to say no one was left behind. Yes, it is.  Like I said at least three more plane loads have been evacuated since.  It ain't over.

As for Omar Rivero,I first heard of him while channel surfing one day and watched an interview with him on CNN,he sure is a menace. Rivero is the owner and founder of Occupy Democrats and a major stockholder in MSNBC. Interesting that you can rattle off the On air staff of FOX. Ummm only two, and neither reports the news, they are opinion shows. Fox news I watch sometimes.  The opinion pieces are garbage. (I had to Google those names).

15 hours ago, gr8owl said:

At least you are smart enough not to watch MSNBC....they are the hate channell. As for the planes,I'll stick with the information we got from my relatives last cell ph call.

9 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

I'll stick with the information we got from my relatives last cell ph call.

Well, since I do not have your relative's phone number I guess I will just have to make do. B)  Like I said, hope they get out safe.