infinity

Inflation of donation !

67 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

Economy was good the last 4 years and even during the pandemic things didn’t rise, don’t figure why it has in the last 6 months

Did you EVER consider all of the shortages in building supplies, food goods,  hospital supplies, cars, lumber, pet food, homes, aluminum, and on and on? Did you?

Lotsa people, not manufacturing anything, for the last year. I think it finally caught up with us.

Edited by pfunk

On 6/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Economy was good the last 4 years and even during the pandemic things didn’t rise, don’t figure why it has in the last 6 months

I can book a 4-star hotel in Atlanta for the holiday weekend for $89/night. Or lots of other places. I can fly round trip from Denver to Minneapolis or other interesting places for less than $100. Couldn't do that last year.

Yup, it's the president. Thanks Joe.

8 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

I can book a 4-star hotel in Atlanta for the holiday weekend for $89/night. Or lots of other places. I can fly round trip from Denver to Minneapolis or other interesting places for less than $100. Couldn't do that last year.

Yup, it's the president. Thanks Joe.

Would love to see that you actually paid more last year! I doubt it! Hope you enjoy everything joe has brought on so far! 

On 7/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, stevie-2249 said:

Would love to see that you actually paid more last year! I doubt it! Hope you enjoy everything joe has brought on so far! 

The consumer price index has gone up more rapidly in the first half of 2021. But the stock market has outpaced that. Look at the data: From Dec 2019 - Dec 2020 CPI-U  went up ~1.36%. From Dec 2020-May 2021 it has gone up ~3.34%.  (June hasn't been released yet) For 2020 the DJIA went up ~6.87%. YTD it has gone up 13.57%. I'll take an extra 6.5% of return at a cost of an extra 2% of inflation any year.  Trump would be thrilled with that return.

Edited by oldguy47
need to fix date

On 5/25/2021 at 0:53 PM, infinity said:

I used to be active few years back under the name(Harpo).

I am surprised of the inflation of donation requested.

This is Denver not Manhattan or Beverly Hills!

This is the land of sexy ladies and thing called fair market value.  I think things are very reasonable here for the most part

On 7/2/2021 at 2:05 AM, stevie-2249 said:

Would love to see that you actually paid more for last year besides everything! Hope you enjoy everything Trump has brought on so far! 

Fixed it for ya! Your welcome. ;)

I really don't see anything wrong when you consider the cost of living these days. Everything has gone up for everyone unless you live on your mommys basement.

Stevie, are you living in you mommys basement?:huh: Don't forget to take out the trash! :D