Seeker5280

Why would a review be removed after it was posted and seen by members?

37 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2019 at 4:24 PM, pfunk said:

Either fake, or significantly lacking in complete truth. I'm glad the mods have the choice to listen to both sides, and make a determination.

Unfortunately, no one is obligated to tell us what happened, and why the review was removed.

TOB is free to clients. We don't pay a dime for maintenance. Thus, we kinda have to accept whatever the owner and mods decide. That seems fair to me!  

Well put Pfunk

21 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

If a provider gets a review and disagrees with the review, or wants it removed, she can post a rebuttal. If it is not responded to by the person that posted the review, within 48 hours, the review is then removed.

From everything I’ve seen, heard and been told, I don’t think a review is ever removed unless it has been proven to be a self review or a fake review.

16 hours ago, inkspot said:

Yep. This is true.  If you don’t check TOB regularly or are out of town for a few days and the 48 hrs passes, then even the most accurate Negative Review gets pulled. 

I’ve never heard of an accurate review getting pulled for any reason.

I've had two positive reviews disappear.  Don't know why, and it's not a big deal.  After all, FREE site.  One provider asked me why I didn't write one when I said I would (I'm 99% certain I saw the review post, but later it was gone).  No biggie, wrote another, all good.  

ooh, ohh I know ............. because the mods acting in good faith on a case by case basis thought it was appropriate. (an answer to remember for future reference regarding banning, self reviews, and various other things that make folks yell "why?!?!" over).  Do we need a congressional inquiry?? B)

On 10/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, Seeker5280 said:

I agree. But, why wasn’t it caught before it was posted?
Thats my question. 

Sometimes it takes a minute to get to the bottom of things but I can honestly say that the Mods do a great job of trying to be fair and consistent