Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marilyn Desire

Memorial Weekend

38 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

So I bought a tree.... beyond my thoughts on how much a tree should cost. dug the hole...2x the diameter of the root ball (back is hurting) back filled it with the compost the nursery told me to do and root simulator also (back is telling me I'm a freaking asshole) And tonight it snows? Thanks CO. Just what I and my new tree needed. I'll be up a couple times shaking the  snow off of it. Not to mention the 3 rose bushes as well. Mother's day used to be a safe time to plant now I'm thinking the weekend after Memorial weekend?   

That sucks ass! I'm just grateful my procrastination for not planting my flowers yet has actually worked in my favor lol!

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

My wife used to say Mothers’ Day was only 50/50. 🤐

—EDIT—

I arrived last night. My unloading schedule - took a massive hit.  Finding a place to park my trailer w/in 5 days - took a hit.

UGH 😡❄️💧

Dam that sucks! #bipolarcolorado!

On 5/21/2019 at 8:27 AM, Crystyna said:

That sucks ass! I'm just grateful my procrastination for not planting my flowers yet has actually worked in my favor lol!

HA, yup it was a bitch. Seems to be doing well. And the 300 bucks worth of flowers we also planted. The planted baskets and all of the preannuals seem to made it OK. 

On 5/17/2019 at 10:23 AM, JRWolfe said:

Wish stroke recovery was as fast.

Get well soon my friend!

All of us here are "pulling" for you!

Love and good vibes to you!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend - thank God the weather finally arrived.  The crazy pilot dropped us into a cloud yesterday - couldn't see my hand in front of my face for a good five seconds (1,000 feet), so cool to pop out the bottom.  Enjoy the day, my friends.

boMhBCT.jpg?1

On May 17, 2019 at 7:30 AM, Bit Banger said:

If just a stent and you’re otherwise healthy, recovery is just a week or two.  😏

If it was a bypass or valve job, MONTHS! 🥵

But in either case the relief is almost immediate.  It’s recovering from the surgery itself that takes time.

(Yes, I’ve got the T-shirt & the ball cap.)

He had what's called "Through the Lumen" valve replacement, meaning it was done without cracking the chest. Rather through a catheter similar to a PCTA (angioplasty ) procedure

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Happy Memorial Day Weekend - thank God the weather finally arrived.  The crazy pilot dropped us into a cloud yesterday - couldn't see my hand in front of my face for a good five seconds (1,000 feet), so cool to pop out the bottom.  Enjoy the day, my friends.

boMhBCT.jpg?1

one of these days i have GOT to go learn how to do this...

great pic BB - i'd sat have fun out there, but...

I worked Friday night and also worked a children's charity event in Loveland Sunday (yesterday).  Saturday and Monday are down days for recharging and reflection.  

-RJ