Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mondonico

Has this ever happened to you?

9 posts in this topic

Several weeks ago, I see a lady for the first time. As with most of us we getting to know each other a little better. She starts talking about her child. What they are  doing, etc. etc. I reference my child  did the same thing.

Cutting to the chase, her kid  and mine went to same high school, played sports together, went to the same college too.

It was kind of scary at first. We didn't really know each other during our kids time in HS. But we did notice each other.

She said she thought she recognized me.

Has this happened to  anyone?

What did you do?

Mondonico

One of my close friends is divorced.  Reason:  no sex life. His wife would not touch him.  Ten years in the wilderness without sex before he gave up.

I sometimes peruse back page....you know...for the excellent writing.  Well guess who I spotted the other day???  His ex-wife. 

Ours is a surprisingly small world.  People will be recognized.  Just practice discretion.  If you want to continue seeing the lady, and she agrees, then share as much as you are comfortable with and leave it in the room when you go.  Don't share it with anyone else.

As for my situation: Not going to say anything to anyone.  Why make my friend feel worse?  Why place the ex-wife in a potentially dangerous situation? 

5 hours ago, Mondonico said:

Several weeks ago, I see a lady for the first time. As with most of us we getting to know each other a little better. She starts talking about her child. What they are  doing, etc. etc. I reference my child  did the same thing.

Cutting to the chase, her kid  and mine went to same high school, played sports together, went to the same college too.

It was kind of scary at first. We didn't really know each other during our kids time in HS. But we did notice each other.

She said she thought she recognized me.

Has this happened to  anyone?

What did you do?

I guess I'm having trouble understanding the question?  You already went through with the session and outed yourselves to each other.  So?

1 hour ago, Happymon said:

I guess I'm having trouble understanding the question?  You already went through with the session and outed yourselves to each other.  So?

Drinking so early in the day? Just kidding.

I could have phrased the question as "Has something similar happened to you"

I have not recognized anyone during an appointment. I have run into past providers in public twice. Once at a grocery store and we just exchanged glances. The other time I was getting a coffee and bagel at Einstein's. She was looking in the display case and I got in line behind her. When she looked back at me I could see we were both surprised and knew immediately we recognized each other. We exchanged pleasantries and got our orders and left. That shot my work day as our last appointment kept playing in my mind. About a month later made a new appointment and it was Even better than the first appointment!

Ran into one provider while walking downtown, going to a party another provider was hosting. Remember seeing her walking toward me, thinking wow sexy lady coming. When we finally came up to each other, looked up she was smiling. We both just gave each other a hug. To my surprise we were both going to the same party.

2 hours ago, geecue2 said:

Ran into one provider while walking downtown, going to a party another provider was hosting. Remember seeing her walking toward me, thinking wow sexy lady coming. When we finally came up to each other, looked up she was smiling. We both just gave each other a hug. To my surprise we were both going to the same party.

Now that's a good story.

Unless she gave you reason to worry. I wouldn't even waste your time worrying about it. 

I am with Nikki on how to handle your personal situation. I have bumped into a client a few times too. I let the client respond and if he acts awkwardly I just go about my business as if everything is normal. After all some days shit just happens. How you choose to handle yourself is up to each individual.  Once I had a high school classmate come and see me. He did not recognise me until we started to talk about our past. When it came time for the session to end, he was so thankful to have seen me. It was like a chance to go to your high school reunion and not worry about how you look, who knows what about you, or any other superficial shit that other (other than the two of us) gave a shit about! In all honesty is was a really healing for both of us! I took my time with him and we both laughed and talked about the same old memories! Most amazing experience I have ever had in my life. It is incredible because the experience could have gone completely different if I reacted differently...So, thankful that i decided to just smile and let go and enjoy the hour and half time. ;)