Plan accordingly

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!  First if this is in the wrong spong, my apologies. 

The weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty bad. I found one of the most accurate weather sites. The best thing about it. ..it's Colorado based.

Weather 5280 Google it. Denver's channel 7 anchor is affliated.

Just wanted to share it with everyone so that if travel should become hazardous,  you can plan accordingly. Hopefully it won't mess up to much of anyone's plans of adult entertainment. 

Hmmmmmmm so if I time it just right I could get snowed in with a fine young lady!!  

Several years ago in late March I set an appointment at least a week ahead with a lovely lady an hour and a half drive away, one way.  Night before I was supposed to e-mail her to confirm.  Well, a classic Colorado spring storm knocked out power and internet so I could not send confirmation and texts did not go through either.  Next morning power, etc. restored so I hit her with a late confirmation e-mail.  Response was pretty much, "Are you sure? Lots of snow here". Translation "yeah, right, you gonna no show me". "No, really, I will be there" i told her.  Off I went happily down the road.  Literally was pushing snow with front bumper last 5 miles from highway to her place. Gotta love four wheel drive. Knee deep in her drive.  Moral of story - spring in Colorado is a challenge, but nothing stands in way of truly horny guy :P

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

The weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty bad. I found one of the most accurate weather sites. The best thing about it. ..it's Colorado based.

Just wanted to share it with everyone so that if travel should become hazardous,  you can plan accordingly. Hopefully it won't mess up to much of anyone's plans of adult entertainment. 

Thank you, sweetie

On 4/15/2016 at 11:54 AM, Melissa Sterling said:

• Weather 5280 Google it. Denver's channel 7 anchor is affliated.

Found Weather5280, but when I clicked on Models I was sadly disappointed....:unsure:

On 4/15/2016 at 11:54 AM, Melissa Sterling said:

Just an update; I do have AccuWeather app on my phone I think its the best.

In saying that; I signed up for Weather5280 along with e-mail alerts, up to date info I really like it thanks Melissa.....

Oh awesome!  Good to know my education is of some use to other people. ...lol. the site is fun, and includes a tldr section at the bottom of the report. But if you like to totally geeking out like me, read the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Oh awesome!  Good to know my education is of some use to other people. ...lol. the site is fun, and includes a tldr section at the bottom of the report. But if you like to totally geeking out like me, read the whole thing.

Now when need be in those certain situations I can ask anyone, if they are Weather5280 ready.....:)

I'll have to check it out. Personally, I've used Weather Underground for years. The phone app (and the desktop site) has a really nice graph - if you're a fan of "data visualization", it's a great example.

A friend of mine did a stint with weather services and he (neo-Luddite that only uses a flip phone) says he only trusts the NWS forecasts. But all the services rely on their data so I'm not sure what the diff is.

As far as forecasting your road travels, I also recommend Waze. Excellent crowd-sourced, up-to-date traffic and routing. If I'm heading across town, I often check their routing first to avoid any major problems and to get a very accurate estimate on my arrival time. 

Edited by MrFister