Bowing out gracefully

46 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Riggo, you need to step away from whatever it is you're partaking because it has effected your reading comprehension.  Though I haven't met her personally, yet, I believe the YL in question (the OP) could be described as a "lively lovely" lady, as well as a breath of fresh air. 

Wow!  Talk about taking a quote out of context!  I stated that the issue needed to be adressed so that we would not keep losing the ladies, I never questioned your opinion of her.

9 hours ago, Happymon said:

What exactly is "this shit" of which you speak? IMO, his board has turned into about the tamest place on the planet.  The girls (and guys) come and go with great regularity. People have painted the scenario of a board with no women periodically for as long as I have been here. My opinion is that If an anonymous 300 pound bald guy in his moms basement on his computer can intimidate someone to the point of psychic pain, then it is probably time to move on.  Maybe we need to create a safety forum like the safe places they create on college campus's where all feelings except the injured are banned.  Unicorns, rainbows. long walks on the beach at sunset and slow passionate kisses will be the only topics allowed. 

Always the voice of reason. I can only rep you once but I would do several if I could.

10 hours ago, Happymon said:

What exactly is "this shit" of which you speak? IMO, his board has turned into about the tamest place on the planet.  The girls (and guys) come and go with great regularity. People have painted the scenario of a board with no women periodically for as long as I have been here. My opinion is that If an anonymous 300 pound bald guy in his moms basement on his computer can intimidate someone to the point of psychic pain, then it is probably time to move on.  Maybe we need to create a safety forum like the safe places they create on college campus's where all feelings except the injured are banned.  Unicorns, rainbows. long walks on the beach at sunset and slow passionate kisses will be the only topics allowed. 

This "shit" is people outing other people and then threatening others.  The psychic pain is not always delivered by a guy in his basement...

This place seems to be a lot like Wyoming, but it is not the sheep that are affected...

Here it is the men are clueless and the ladies are scared...

57 minutes ago, Riggo said:

This "shit" is people outing other people and then threatening others.  The psychic pain is not always delivered by a guy in his basement...

This place seems to be a lot like Wyoming, but it is not the sheep that are affected...

Here it is the men are clueless and the ladies are scared...

When it comes to women this describes all men on earth. :D

Riggo I could not agree more it's sad what some people strive for here in this little tob internet world some of us call home at times.  They sure know how to fuck up a good time.

14 minutes ago, boink36 said:

When it comes to women this describes all men on earth. :D

LOL!  Well played sir!

13 minutes ago, petey-9950 said:

Riggo I could not agree more it's sad what some people strive for here in this little tob internet world some of us call home at times.  They sure know how to fuck up a good time.

I wish I had some rep to give you Petey!  It amazes me that some people strive to fuck up a good thing!

12 hours ago, Happymon said:

What exactly is "this shit" of which you speak? 

Not what you see in the open ..... but when the wind shifts occasionally .... hoooooweeeee!! :cool:

Not that it matters, because I am sure Laplace would tell me it is statistically insignificant, but of the 16 responses to the survey to date, 100% had someone they wanted to vote off the island!

Yep, I have been off the board for weeks now.  I too have been trolled, insulted, etc. It's my own fault for feeding the troll.  In the Internet age, it just can't be done. I will miss Ms. Spice. 

5 minutes ago, pitbull said:

Yep, I have been off the board for weeks now.  I too have been trolled, insulted, etc. It's my own fault for feeding the troll.  In the Internet age, it just can't be done. I will miss Ms. Spice. 

She's back already pitbull, she missed you badly! :)

8 minutes ago, Riggo said:

She's back already pitbull, she missed you badly! :)

Yeah, right. 

1 hour ago, pitbull said:

Im sorry that happen to you. I have missed you. XOXOX hugs 

Spice, sad to see you go. Your posts were witty and thoughtful! Many a heart button pressed when you posted. Not to make light of the serious underlying issues regarding this thread but, if anyone needs a go to response for trolls, enjoy my favorite. This must be the "insight" my dear friend Riggo was referring to ;) 

On 4/3/2016 at 7:47 PM, Riggo said:

Glad we drug a troll out with the survey!  I even have an idea how this feature could be implemented...

Instead of negative reputation counting against the poster with a visible record of who applied it, why couldn't we make negative rep a vote off the island and anonymous (to avoid revenge attacks).  Keep it like negative rep and only allow one vote a day.  If a poster attracts x number of down votes, they would be muted for 1 day.  Y number of down votes and they would be muted for 3 days and so on... This could certainly help with the number of idiot trolls or at least create more work for them in creating multiple accounts to post their drivel!

The mods would never go for this.

Remember anyone new is an asset to our community.

Ahhhhhhhhh.....Assets, more members good.

On 4/2/2016 at 11:58 AM, SpiceInCo said:

It's been super fun being part of the community on here, like awesome! But there are parts of the site that just make it so much  drama and nonsense.  A wolf in sheep's clothing to say the least. I will continue to use the ad boards. But I will be staying out of the forums.  There's a squeaky wheel that just keeps derailing the train! So I'm hopping off.  

One day there will be a vote off the island,  and it will be fun again and  I'll come back home. 

Stay safe, stay kind, stay generous!  

Sorry to see you go, but I have to admit I really don't blame you.

Stay SAFE and take good care of yourself, you have a lot of friends that think very highly of you.