Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Help a geek out.

14 posts in this topic

Ok.  Geek in need of advice.  I'm a long range planner:  deal with it.

Suppose a guy is geek who likes scifi and comic cons. Suppose said geek has been known once or twice to get dressed up for said conventions.  

If you were this geek, and you were to arrange an appointment with one of our young ladies to attend said convention in full costume, together, and then retire to a private evening together for adult activities, again beginning in the same costumes and characters you had attended the convention in.....

Who would you go to the convention as? Who would you have the ASP dress up as?

• Han Solo & Pr. Leia Organa (preferably as Jaba's slave)
  • Barbarelle (you pick the male)
  • Gandalf & Galadriel
  • Hikaru no Go & Sailor Moon

Just to name a few. Enjoy the fantasy 😄

Sona, Morgana, Miss fortune. I'm a different spectrum of geek. Still a geek. 

I was toying with the idea of Ironman and Pepper Potts.  Seemed too......ubiquitous.

Went to Comic-Con a few years ago in San Diego.

Ummm, Yesss, I definitely dressed up each day I attended. It was one of the BEST vacations and adventures I have ever had the privilege of experiencing.

I met a man whose wife couldn't attend due to an illness.

Turns out he was kind of a Big Deal lol.

After our lengthy conversation on the water taxi... He decided to give me his wife's badge so I could get in anywhere my lil heart desired. I guess he sensed I was a trustworthy person, and knew I'd respect what he had gifted me. I don't know how much everyone is aware of Comic-Con, but it's always SOLD OUT because it's an extremely popular event.

The best part was all these high up/important people kept pulling me in to their booths and spaces to take their photo with me LMAO. Thinking I was this Big Deal's wife everyone was trying to get pics with me LMAO. I just played along, and kept laughing so hard because they all had no clue I was just some random idiot dressed up in a silly Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume LMAO.

Sometimes Life is simply Perfect...  ;-)~

Edited by Scarlett Dayne

Rogue or Harley Quinn for her.

Wolverine or Iron Man for him.

Mmmmmmm, Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr. I would be the creamy middle between that cookie any day!

Edited by Kashmir
text

Boris and Natasha?  Someone has to be the bad guys

I don't remember their names , but the two characters in "Avator",(probably didn't spell that correctly). The one character would be the guy in the wheelchair who gets to run around again as a avator, and the other would be the love interest. The costuming would be awesome to do.

Batman's Parents. Easy outfits to do, and at the con all you have to do is lay down in front of every batman you see.

This first time I had ever gone to this was last year and I enjoyed this event. I showed up as Wonder Woman. lol 

Um depends,  you are talking character dress and not ferries right? You just never know what people are into these days. 

I'm going to just presume your talking about the Denver Con weekend of June 17

Here are my suggestions, from a fellow Cos Play persona. 

One of my favorite anime is Soul Eater. Todd, voice actor for Death the Kid will be there. Get two Busty Blondes to go as Liz and Patty, note, they should be taller then you slightly. Death cannot function without them and they can kick ASS.

Personal note: I got to work the autograph room at the AFO last August in Orlando, they where short handed with security, so I got my $$$back for the convention and got to meet Alot of voice actors like Todd, he is Super Nice! 

If you are by chance a hunk of a man of color, go as Luke Cage and get some kick ass brunette, not Busty who can drink, to go as JESSICA Jones. All you got to do is shave your head and be buff.Go binge watch on Netflix. 

Final thought, Karl Urban is going to be there, ummm Lord of the Rings, the Loft , Red. Depending upon how committed you are to Cos Play, Lord of the Rings may be challenging.

I'm also a Supernatural fan, depending upon your body shape, I'm politely asking if you have a small belly. If so, go as Crowley and get Nikki (you need an Irish/Scottish/English accent)  go a his mom, Rowena. She's ageless as she's a witch, great character but Lucifer killed her, or did he. Talk about Taboos. Nikki has the eyes to pull her off, jmho.

PM if you would like further suggestions.

6 minutes ago, Heidi the Housewife aka The Maui Muse said:

I'm going to just presume your talking about the Denver Con weekend of June 17

Here are my suggestions, from a fellow Cos Play persona. 

One of my favorite anime is Soul Eater. Todd, voice actor for Death the Kid will be there. Get two Busty Blondes to go as Liz and Patty, note, they should be taller then you slightly. Death cannot function without them and they can kick ASS.

Personal note: I got to work the autograph room at the AFO last August in Orlando, they where short handed with security, so I got my $$$back for the convention and got to meet Alot of voice actors like Todd, he is Super Nice! 

If you are by chance a hunk of a man of color, go as Luke Cage and get some kick ass brunette, not Busty who can drink, to go as JESSICA Jones. All you got to do is shave your head and be buff.Go binge watch on Netflix. 

Final thought, Karl Urban is going to be there, ummm Lord of the Rings, the Loft , Red. Depending upon how committed you are to Cos Play, Lord of the Rings may be challenging.

I'm also a Supernatural fan, depending upon your body shape, I'm politely asking if you have a small belly. If so, go as Crowley and get Nikki (you need an Irish/Scottish/English accent)  go a his mom, Rowena. She's ageless as she's a witch, great character but Lucifer killed her, or did he. Talk about Taboos. Nikki has the eyes to pull her off, jmho.

PM if you would like further suggestions.

See,

This is the kind of stuff I was looking for.  Edgy, niche-market stuff.  

Although I did bust a gut at the thought of throwing myself at the feet of everyone in a Batman outfit.

I also received a PM suggesting Cowboy Bebop and Faye Valentine.  As promised, I'm cryin'!

Geeky girls rock.  Thanks to all!