ceeu2nite

What to do when provider changes her rate

39 posts in this topic

Pop quiz:

Guys, if you book an appointment and prepare the fund according to her advertised rate, get to the location, only to hear that she has a new rate now (just posted online)and insist on getting the new higher rate, what would you do?

1. cough up the difference and make her happy

2. ask your $$ back (which usually not going to happen) and walk out

3. ask her to end the session early 

Providers, would you remind your client of your new higher rate before hand or wait until he shows up? If he booked the app when the old ad was up, would you honor the lower rate? Thanks for your inputs.

If the rate is different than what we've agreed to during the scheduling of the appointment, then I would simply pay the new rate, keep my mouth shut about the rate change during the session and write a review of the experience. My experience has been that upselling is not too uncommon since a lot of ASPs will not discuss services via text or on the phone but I've never had an ASP flat out change the rate on me when I walked in the door.

Charging more on P411 is strictly against P411 policy. If you find a provider charging more on P411 than elsewhere, I suggest letting P411 know immediately. The provider's rates will then become uniform in short order. ;)

Always,

Gina

Can you elucidate a little further? Because if I understand you correctly, this actually happens quite often. I didn't even know that was a policy of P411. Very good to know.

Example:

One provider blatantly admitted to me that she upsells the clients who contact her from her backpage ad. I saw her ad, looked her profile up on 411 and noticed her rate was twice as high as what she advertised on the BP ad. I told her I was a membr of P411. Found her profile and was curious about why she had a much higher rate on P411. 

Her response was "Backpage guys are cheap. They are looking for a cheap fuck. So when they get here if they want more I tell them it will cost (XXX) ". She then went on to say she was more than that, not just a cheap fuck. I assure you I'm worth it. Bla Bla Bla.

Needless to say I told her I was busy gluing miniature furniture together. Perhaps another time.

The solution is simple:

1. Don't part with your envelope until you have confirmed the compensation: "So, it's $200, right?"

2. Find a higher class of hooker who doesn't play this game.

Can you elucidate a little further? Because if I understand you correctly, this actually happens quite often. I didn't even know that was a policy of P411. Very good to know.

Example:

One provider blatantly admitted to me that she upsells the clients who contact her from her backpage ad. I saw her ad, looked her profile up on 411 and noticed her rate was twice as high as what she advertised on the BP ad. I told her I was a membr of P411. Found her profile and was curious about why she had a much higher rate on P411. 

Her response was "Backpage guys are cheap. They are looking for a cheap fuck. So when they get here if they want more I tell them it will cost (XXX) ". She then went on to say she was more than that, not just a cheap fuck. I assure you I'm worth it. Bla Bla Bla.

Needless to say I told her I was busy gluing miniature furniture together. Perhaps another time.

Twice as high is a little much but it really isn't uncommon. BP guys are cheap and while I am not condoning an upsell there is a reason. We are all trying to hustle and find what works for the individual. A lot of us do it so we can figure out where the traffic is coming from but most guys (even though they claim they don't) cruise BP because they know they can often find a lower rate listed. It's really hard to have one rate across the board and stick to it. You can't post too high a rate on BP and expect to get good business and you can't post too low a rate on EB or P411 because guys have the "get what you pay for" mentality.

I literally laughed when I saw someone say "illegal marketing".  It's always much better to keep your rates the same across the country and hold your ground...after all, this business is not a right nor is it a necessity, but a leisure time thing.  My rates clearly show the upward progression over a 2 year period of time via ads and reviews across the country, yet I still get guys asking for the lowest rates from 2 years ago, even though they have read the most current reviews showing my pretty long standing current rate.:)

Have a great day everyone, Colorado is beautiful!

P.S.  What is "EB"?

Edited by hala adeela

Whatever the rate is when someone schedules their appt with me, is the rate I expect to be paid.  Pulling a rate switcharoo on someone once they are already in front of you is super unprofessional, IMO.