Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thart4u

OK.. so whats the deal here?!

12 posts in this topic

[snip] I get a call from a gentleman saying he would love to meet. He says he is about 45-60 minutes away. No problem. What girl doesn't LOVE more time to get ready?!! :P

I get constant updates over the next hour from him.. I'm loving the communication. He finally says that he is here so I walk out to meet him..

Then I get this text: "Sorry to waste your time. I'm too nervous."

Ummmm.... ok? I completely understand being nervous. I get that these situations, especially new ones can be very awkward and scary so I chalk it up as a loss and move one. No. Big. Deal.

15 minutes later...

I get a text from another gentleman with his verification info saying that he would like to meet. I do a little research and agree to book the appointment. He says he is about 30 minutes out. Again, not a problem! Just more time to be as prepared as possible so I can knock his socks off, right?

I again get pretty constant communication (something I'm not used to) and I'm thinking, "Wow, these otherboard guys are GREAT!" I get the text that he is here and out I go to meet him...

I'm standing there.. Nothing. I text him.. Nothing. I call him.. Nothing. :confused:

Is this normal, ladies? I sure hope not. [Snip} It sure is a drag to be stood up! Even more-so it happening twice back to back! I must be doing it wrong.. Any insight or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling pretty crummy right now :(

Hi Tori.

Guys are going to be cagey with a new lady, but, dammit, they should complete their research before they make an appointment.  What you experienced is rude.  I apologize on behalf of my compatriots.  

Unless theres a police cruiser parked on your street.  Might want to check.  Lol.

Sorry you are having problems.  Question: are there any established Denver providers who know you?  A reference on YOUR end might help.  

Good luck getting started.

Edited by Thart4u
I'm dumb... =/

Hi Tori.

Guys are going to be cagey with a new lady, but, dammit, they should complete their research before they make an appointment.  What you experienced is rude.  I apologize on behalf of my compatriots.  

Unless theres a police cruiser parked on your street.  Might want to check.  Lol.

Sorry you are having problems.  Question: are there any established Denver providers who know you?  A reference on YOUR end might help.  

Good luck getting started.

You are such a gentleman! Still not used to dealing with those.. 

I didn't see any cars, especially police.. That would have spooked me too!

I wish that I did know one of these fine ladies so that they could indeed vouch for me but alas.. I am friendless :( jk

Thank you for the kind words and suggestions!

Or they are guys getting thrill out of pulling your chain.  

I sure hope not! [Snip} That would be really mean!

Edited by boink36
Advertising.

I just looked at your site, Tori, and I think you just happened to have some bad luck there. Guys with cold feet or just plain insane. I'd love to be at your door right now. 

I just looked at your site, Tori, and I think you just happened to have some bad luck there. Guys with cold feet or just plain insane. I'd love to be at your door right now. 

You're a sweetheart! I really hope you're right! What a couple of wet blankets! -_- Ugh..

[Snip}

Edited by boink36
Advertising.

Tori,

I agree with the other guys with this being unacceptable,  good luck with your business

Seriously!!  I've had two guys in the last two days no call, no show. Upon contacting them to find out where they were, I'm told to cancel! Now I've made a list on how to appropriately cancel. Fellas, get your shizznit together before contacting me. I have a zero tolerance policy.

It's a very lame thing to do. I have kind of my own policy about this. I had to cancel once a couple of days out. Things happen, and she seemed to understand. But one other time, I had to cancel day of (cancel, not no show) because of a broken car. It was several hours before we were supposed to meet. She was also very cool about it, but I wasn't okay with that. As soon as I was able, I arranged to meet her and give her at least partial payment, even though she didn't ask for it. 

It's a two way street. I had a very good provider NCNS me, but she did offer half off a rescheduled visit. That's how it should work. You don't just stand someone up. And guys, if you're nervous, that's too bad. Only one way to get better at it. You have to walk in that door and make sure your donation is placed as it should be. If you can't manage any more than that, well, that's how it goes. I got SO nervous the first several times, and it took a while to get over it. I'd say that some ladies had a good laugh, but I don't think it's all that uncommon. And really, I still had fun and have great memories. But you can't stand them up because you got cold feet. Walk in the door and set down your donation. Then if you feel like you're going to throw up, excuse yourself and have a good laugh at your own expense on the way home.  

Edited by easyfriend33

It's a two way street. I had a very good provider NCNS me, but she did offer half off a rescheduled visit. That's how it should work. You don't just stand someone up. 

Yeah, that would be great. I've had between 10 and 20 providers NCNS in the 7 or 8 years I've been active. Only one offered some kind of compensation. I never expect that but it would be a great way to enhance service and reputation. But I'm just a client - what do I know? :P

On the flip side, I've never NCNS'd but have had to cancel several times with about 12 hours notice (night before). I've never felt the need to compensate for that - I commend you Easyfriend for having a strong sense of fairness. The only time it was a problem was with a former ATF - although she NCNS'd me several times, she'd chew me out when I would cancel the day before our appointment. I understood her POV - this was someone I'd schedule 3-hour sessions with, a major chunk of change - but she was always oblivious to her own lack of punctuality.