Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crazy Horse

I will give kudos to TheWhisperer for one thing...

8 posts in this topic

He paid attention in business school when they went over how not to compound the problem of frustrated pissed off clients by calling them whiners and telling them that if they don't like it they can leave. I'll take it from the bozos posting on the board but if it ever starts coming from the Admin I'll be out of here in a split second as will I expect many, many others and it'll be a repeat of the birth of TOB when people enmass left Sowet in search of another home.

I've always contributed to the improvement of the community even if my version of tough love rubs some people the wrong way. I'll continue to do so but I am starting to appreciate what SixtiesDude wrote "...I'm beginning to wonder why I should do the testing and reporting of a poorly thought out system upgrade. 

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

I agree that Whisperer has been a rock in holding his comments about us complainers. I applaud him and respect him for that. 

More than that, he's been trying to address the issues.

I have NEVER seen a major upgrade go through w/o a few bugs/problems cropping up.  They seem to be slaving away on the back-end trying to eradicate the bugs, and even address some of the design flaws. (Yes, they are different.  A bug does not conform to the design spec.)

More than that, he's been trying to address the issues.

I have NEVER seen a major upgrade go through w/o a few bugs/problems cropping up.  They seem to be slaving away on the back-end trying to eradicate the bugs, and even address some of the design flaws. (Yes, they are different.  A bug does not conform to the design spec.)

The question becomes when does a few become many and who gets held accountable when it crosses the line into many. If this were a company I was doing business with instead of a peaceful past time hobby I'd seriously be looking for someone else to do business with. The way the new site was rolled out inspires no confidence in what's coming down the road in the future.

Yes, they are different...a design flaw was not including a user guide on each page so that people could easily learn how to navigate and use those pages. For that I hold Admin accountable. A bug would be for example a corrupted code that prevent the user guide from being read. Accountablity there being harder to ascertain.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

Dude, seriously, quit the whining an and familiarize yourself with the new layout. It ain't that hard.

Dude, seriously, quit the whining an and familiarize yourself with the new layout. It ain't that hard.

Hey I was using the board days before you got here. Maybe that's why I'm more familiar with all the problems and confusion that's taken place since the roll out. You don't write reviews so wouldn't know about the problems posting there. You're not a provider so you wouldn't know about the problems posting there but you like all of us should wonder wtf is going on when providers have to come on the board and beg for help posting to the ad board. In fact the only part of the board you use, and that has the fewest glitches so far, is the discussion board to make snarky comments.

You do know that if some of us didn't "whine" about it the problems we've encountered would have taken the IT team working on this fiasco even longer to identify them which would delay any fixes even longer. Some of us "whiners" have  also been playing the role of mods giving advice on how to navigate the pages and explaining the problems we've found to both other users as well as Admin.

So let me ask you...what have you done to help any one here on the board or the board as a whole get through this bungled rollout. Just go back to the side lines and watch while the rest of us try to do something for the community.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

CH +1 TOB was a hobby friendy board, now it's a whatever board.

to me it's feels more less  hobby community friendly than not. 

I was wondering where P 411 was going to land now we know the bottom the page.

time will tell where TOB will go

right when I thought I was out of the  business I    Get pulled back in

Michael "the god father"

land

Of course they are being nice. The end game is to be a national board pulling in as many 20 dollar bills that they can. What once was a community board where like minded individuals could come and share information has become a business venture. My worry is that even though I'm sure old TOB was monitored by 5 0 it was a small board in comparison and now that they are going to as they hope they expand nationwide more eyes will be watching it and them till finally the hammer drops. I hope that doesn't happen but just have a bad feeling.