Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bora Bora

Expensive gifts or nothing?

46 posts in this topic

I would think a little thank you Card and some cold hard cash would be a good enough GIFT

soft, wet, and warm cash also works

Some years ago, the SO and I had to give an acquaintance a Christmas gift.

Not knowing her needs, wants or desires, we pondered greatly what to give.

Cash seemed so "impersonal" yet we had to do something.

We put a $50 bill in her card with the note;

Please think of this as a "universal gift certificate".

To this day, If I don't know a lady's desires,

I use "gift certificates"

I'll tell you what, I'm just glad there is this ONE place where we can talk about this shit. That's why TOB is so valuable. You really can't talk about this hobby with ANYONE else, at least I can't.

^^Yes^^

A few topics to this thread:

OP - Gifts)

There are a number of YL I have gifted with treen or small boxes from my shop. In return visits they may be on display. I just heard from someone I haven't seen in years (through secure channels). She brought up still having some of my gifts. The key - they were personal.

Gift cards, flowers, etc. unless you've done your research can be duds or worse. What is she's allergic to your flowers or the scent in that soap? Book? Is it an genre/author she likes? Does she already have 2 copies?

[P411 Plug] Holiday gifts of P411 points were well received.

Easy - FWB?)

Many of my co-workers were friends. We would spend time together in non-work situations.

There are (or have been over the years) several YL I consider friends. We spend time together in non-work situations - drinks, dinner, shows, etc. - off-the-clock. I still compensate them for BCD activities. Just as I expect to be compensated when asked to build that custom table.

??? - Value of TOB:

Yes, having a place to discuss things like this is far superior to the dark ages when we struggled with these issues by our selves.

Gifts are never expected, but always appreciated. A simple card saying thank you always makes my smile. Simple, small things always warms my heart because the person took the extra time to think of me.

I would think a little thank you Card and some cold hard cash would be a good enough GIFT

I have saved every single card given to me. When I get into a personal funk I reread them to remind myself that I make a difference in people's lives. When you take the time to write a note of "thanks", I take that to heart.

I love giving gifts I don't do it all the time and I never do it to curry favor...after all the lady is already doing what I desire...I just enjoy the look of surprise and pleasure I get...am I a sap maybe but to me it feels good to bring an unexpected smile to a woman's face who I'm pretty sure will bring a big smile to my face and a spring in my step

I hope this is true for other providers since at a minimum I always place the donation in a thank you card and I take the time to make it heart felt and fun

I once brought lingerie for someone. She liked it but never even tried it on.. seems like a total waste now to do something like that.

I remember a double where I brought matching outfits, but in red & black. The ladies retired to the bathroom & changed into their new outfits. What fun unwrapping my presents ;)

The tricky part with this scenario is getting the sizes correct.

Edited by Bit Banger
Added "size" thought

I have saved every single card given to me. When I get into a personal funk I reread them to remind myself that I make a difference in people's lives. When you take the time to write a note of "thanks", I take that to heart.

How does a thank you card work?

Does he arrive with the thank you card already written? Does he send it by mail to your place the next day? Does he give it to you on a second meeting?

Please help me with the concept :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Some of the gifts I've gotten that I truely treasure are : an iPad, a Rolex, a tv, a nice warm jacket, flowers, cards and candy. But my most favorite gift I've recieved was a jar of honey. With the sweetest note comparing me to honey cause I'm so sweet and will never spoil. I love honey so much and the thought, time and effort put into the gift made it my most memorable and least expensive gift I've ever gotten.

The more I read this thread, the less cynical I get. There is a line from the novel Lonesome Dove, which won the Pulitzer Prize, that really goes to the heart of the matter. It sounds crass when taken out of context: "Even whores have hearts" -- but one character was trying to explain to the other character that this "whore" who was the mother of his child, actually loved him. He could not and would not even give his last name to this "bastard" child. But I digress. Bottom line is that I suppose the gifts can mean something, even in the context of this bizarre transaction.

I really like to give something

Then do so. After all, it's your fantasy....:o

Then do so. After all, it's your fantasy....:o

^^^ yeah verily!

How does a thank you card work?

Does he arrive with the thank you card already written? Does he send it by mail to your place the next day? Does he give it to you on a second meeting?

Please help me with the concept :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Sometimes there is a small written note of "Thanks for Putting Up with Me" in there on the 1st meeting. Then if there are follow on meetings, there are lengthier messages added. Sometimes its a card that's just humorous all on its own and doesn't need an added written message.

Snail Mail: I only have 1 who Snail Mails me cards and that was after seeing him for almost a year and asking me first if he could.

Sometimes there is a small written note of "Thanks for Putting Up with Me" in there on the 1st meeting. Then if there are follow on meetings, there are lengthier messages added. Sometimes its a card that's just humorous all on its own and doesn't need an added written message.

Snail Mail: I only have 1 who Snail Mails me cards and that was after seeing him for almost a year and asking me first if he could.

Thanks Justina!!

Treat the ladies with kindness, respect and be a gentleman. I have given gifts, cards, tips and nothing. Some of the best thank yous from the ladies have come from making my time, our time. Make it fun for the ladies and it will be that much more fun for you and her.