Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrvegas63

COS PD Johns on Facebook

40 posts in this topic

Mugshots are one thing; posting on Facebook is another.

Yes, suing police departments and Facebook needs some research.

BUT, any crazy person can find a crazy lawyer to start a lawsuit.

Plus, it looks like the ACLU is in the fight.

According to the Gazette article the Facebook postings take on an whole new life:

Have a question regarding Facebook and LE.

After discussing this with my GF, we want to know if the Police Departments that DO (misdemener charge) John Shamming, do they also post Convicted Sex Offenders(Felony charge) on their Facebook page ? Are they donating the same amount, at minimum, of energy and Public Shaming to these Convicted Felons as to those convicted on a misdemener?

I would think the majority of population would be more concerned regarding someone who forcibly hurts someone compared to mutual consent, but what do I know.

I don't do social media and am not willing to leaving a foot print by doing a search. So for those who already do Facebook , can you check please.

Thank you

No one has the right to unilaterally declare an end to someone else's sex life.

Agreed that would be kind of a BS move but it's a bit more complex than that. Every time someone cheats on their SO they are making a decision that impacts the sex life of two people. When you engage in an illegal, immoral by society standards activity there may be some equally "immoral" consequences. Not saying that it's right but it's something we have to accept when participating.

Have a question regarding Facebook and LE.

After discussing this with my GF, we want to know if the Police Departments that DO (misdemener charge) John Shamming, do they also post Convicted Sex Offenders(Felony charge) on their Facebook page ? Are they donating the same amount, at minimum, of energy and Public Shaming to these Convicted Felons as to those convicted on a misdemener?

I would think the majority of population would be more concerned regarding someone who forcibly hurts someone compared to mutual consent, but what do I know.

I don't do social media and am not willing to leaving a foot print by doing a search. So for those who already do Facebook , can you check please.

Thank you

I did not look Heidi, but I would be willing to guess that the answer is a big fat, "no". The police and courts are only interested in harassing folks that have money, and can pay fines, probation fees etc. Hence they harass us and folks that have [snip} as opposed to [snip}, murderers etc. This is strictly my opinion, but I have witnessed the police turn a blind eye to true crimes, and pursue non violent ones that will bring in revenue.

Edited by boink36
Forbidden topics removed.

The risk is suddenly getting less beneficial to me. I am taking every precaution and sticking to my regulars.

Great advice for COS! If they can't provide a reputable provider to verify them, (i.e., Mz Sterling) then it's not worth the chance to see someone new. COS is a tricky area to maneuver through so if the Men are willing to take an extra min to let the Lady ensure her safety then it will most certainly be worth the reward for both parties. I'm not letting this prevent me from traveling down, but it will cause me to be a stricter in my screening. I'm too pretty for jail!! :D

No one has the right to unilaterally declare an end to someone else's sex life.

AMEN!!

I feel LE needs to leave all the lades/johns alone who are willing, not being forced.

+1

The only follow up to that is how would they properly determine that neither parties are being forced? Create some sort of background screening for anyone who decides to join this world? Give them a "seal of approval" for advertising once they've been thoroughly screened?

Great advice for COS! If they can't provide a reputable provider to verify them, (i.e., Mz Sterling) then it's not worth the chance to see someone new. COS is a tricky area to maneuver through so if the Men are willing to take an extra min to let the Lady ensure her safety then it will most certainly be worth the reward for both parties. I'm not letting this prevent me from traveling down, but it will cause me to be a stricter in my screening. I'm too pretty for jail!! :D

AMEN!!

+1

The only follow up to that is how would they properly determine that neither parties are being forced? Create some sort of background screening for anyone who decides to join this world? Give them a "seal of approval" for advertising once they've been thoroughly screened?

LE isn't going to just leave people alone for breaking the law, determining that two people entered an agreement consensually wont change their mind either. Unless you mean that LE creates some sort of background screening that's already been done and doesn't really work.

We are at the point where things will only change when we challenge law makers. The behavior towards the business wont change until the rules prohibiting us do. The profundity (lol) contained within this board isn't enough. We collectively have to stand up to the man so to speak, show them how we can all act like responsible consenting adults and tell "them" that we are tired of having our rights, as owners of human bodies, violated.

There are so many groups and individuals who are already fighting this fight and if anyone is interested you should seek them out and see what they do. There are also many ways to help while maintaining your anonymity, you can donate time and money and help spread the education all without attaching a real name.

ESPLERP is trying to bring a suit against the Attorney General in SF, claiming that the prohibition of prostitution in 1961 violates their civil rights. SWOP is such a great organization and there is also the Red Umbrella Project which is so very cool.

There are so many groups and individuals who are already fighting this fight and if anyone is interested you should seek them out and see what they do.

Like Maggie McNeill of the Honest Courtesan.

I went to see her promote her latest book a few months ago at a Libertarian meetup. She said she thinks the Swedish Solution (prosecuting johns) is gaining momentum here in the US.

She had most of us chanting "It's OK to pay" at the end, although some of the GF's did not chant along.. :P

This leaves me torn.... If a guy is not smart enough to see a Legit, reputable and proven companion that is truly doing this of her free will....and walks into a sting (meaning that he did not screen for a real provider on HIS end)..then how can he guarantee that he is NOT walking into a pimped or trafficked situation. These kind of guys (that just walk into the door of just ANYONE who advertises..without being discerning in any way...can very well be adding to the dark side of providing (those that have little choice or being forced to) ...which i agree is MUCH less than LE or the media would have us think that happens...but is present out there sadly. If you are not smart enough to play ethically ...and with true companions who make this choice of free will.. well..you deserve what you get.

This leaves me torn.... If a guy is not smart enough to see a Legit, reputable and proven companion that is truly doing this of her free will....and walks into a sting (meaning that he did not screen for a real provider on HIS end)..then how can he guarantee that he is NOT walking into a pimped or trafficked situation. These kind of guys (that just walk into the door of just ANYONE who advertises..without being discerning in any way...can very well be adding to the dark side of providing (those that have little choice or being forced to) ...which i agree is MUCH less than LE or the media would have us think that happens...but is present out there sadly. If you are not smart enough to play ethically ...and with true companions who make this choice of free will.. well..you deserve what you get.

I can't disagree with that. I was wondering about the women these guys were supposed to have seen.

Yes this wonderful protection the task force feels is in desperate need to protect the city from us lowly women of the night, is a bunch of shit. They are fully up and running at full force. No this is not anything new, BUT it is here in the Springs. Things used to be quiet here, cops didn't bother you as long as you were quiet....not anymore. It will die down, but not before they make a big fat point.

STAY OFF BP!!! Unless you know the lady is well reviewed, tell your dick NO. Also, screening is important to the ladies right now. If she doesn't screen and just says yeah come on over....RUN! I know you guys do not want to give out any info because of the possibility of the girl getting crazy, BUT if you get busted what the hell do you think is going to happen? They are going to be putting up ad's on BP so do your homework. I would be very, very careful out there. I would really hate to be watching TV and see anyone I knew on the evening news.

The risk is suddenly getting less beneficial to me. I am taking every precaution and sticking to my regulars.

I'm in COS (a lurker, read a lot but seldom post)....."follow the money" as Deep Throat once said. Conflating prostitution with "trafficking" brings CSPD hundreds of thousands (I heard $300k). As to "John shaming" : one of the local stations quoted a woman saying...to paraphrase...I saw the father of my son. Now I know to keep him away for my son's safety....WHAT ? So the John thing would have to come from fake ad stings....right? For the AMPs they buy the girls tickets "home" - no charge- if they say the owner...made them do it. It's all crazy ! imho

Here us the press release from January http://www.koaa.com/story/27864826/will-public-shaming-of-johns-decrease-commercial-sex-trade-in-colorado-springs

Here is an editorial from http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1964925 hope that's the correct link.

I'll post this link separately, but, want laws changed, can't sit on your ass https://liberatetoemancipate.tilt.com/liberatetoemancipate

Thanks for posting the links Heidi, very helpful. Great info from Melissa too! :)