Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PrettyKori

Pretty Kori

15 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone in Denver!!!

[snip]

In addition to making new friends, I would love to see city landmarks.

If anyone has any Denver specific information you would like to share, please ...........

Until then...

Kori XoXo

Edited by Kaduk
Ad info...

The capitol building is cool. But nothing beats a drive up to the mountains, specifically poudre canyon, very beautiful. Garden of the gods in Colorado springs is amazing. You could go to the stanley in estes park, that is the hotel from the shining, and is supposedly "haunted". We also have a aquarium here with a very good restaurant. All the ski resorts are beautiful. And we are the microbrew capitol of the country, there are several hundred "dive" bars that serve awesome food and great beer. Let us know what kind of things you like and we can direct you to cool places!

Welcome and best wishes. But just so you know, all the truly remarkable attractions - Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Florrisant Fossil Beds, Black Canyon, Royal Gorge, Arkansas River rafting, Great Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde - are in the SOUTHERN part of the state!! So leave that ole boring Denver in your dust and come down south (he said with a touch of self interest) lol But i suppose a bigger market for your skills up north, so ........ come visit anyway. :)

The capitol building is cool. But nothing beats a drive up to the mountains, specifically poudre canyon, very beautiful. Garden of the gods in Colorado springs is amazing. You could go to the stanley in estes park, that is the hotel from the shining, and is supposedly "haunted". We also have a aquarium here with a very good restaurant. All the ski resorts are beautiful. And we are the microbrew capitol of the country, there are several hundred "dive" bars that serve awesome food and great beer. Let us know what kind of things you like and we can direct you to cool places!

Thanks for the info. I love outdoorsy type stuff and would love the chance to take a drive into the mountains. Hikes, ziplining, etc. Also the aquarium is something I may try. I am interested in things that are specific to Denver. I am a major foodie and love to try different types of food. I have never been to a brewery and would go just for the experience. I am not a clubber, but like unpretentious bars with a nice vodka selection:)...

Welcome and best wishes. But just so you know, all the truly remarkable attractions - Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Florrisant Fossil Beds, Black Canyon, Royal Gorge, Arkansas River rafting, Great Sand Dunes, Mesa Verde - are in the SOUTHERN part of the state!! So leave that ole boring Denver in your dust and come down south (he said with a touch of self interest) lol But i suppose a bigger market for your skills up north, so ........ come visit anyway. :)

Lol...I was getting excited reading your response until I read "in the SOUTHERN part of the state". How much further south would those attractions be? I have been wanting to go rafting for a LONG time.

I find visitors usually like Red Rocks or Roxborough State Park for close to town outdoor activities.

Roxborough Park seems like it would be nice. I love beautiful scenery and nature. The Red Rocks looks like an outdoor venue for concerts I think. I would have to hope the weather cooperates.

The Red Rocks looks like an outdoor venue for concerts I think. I would have to hope the weather cooperates.

Red Rocks is open to the public during the day (it's free). In addition to the amphitheater (which is beautiful and provides a great view of the valley), there is an indoor set of exhibits you can look at. Pretty cool actually.

Thanks for the info. I love outdoorsy type stuff and would love the chance to take a drive into the mountains. Hikes, ziplining, etc. Also the aquarium is something I may try. I am interested in things that are specific to Denver. I am a major foodie and love to try different types of food. I have never been to a brewery and would go just for the experience. I am not a clubber, but like unpretentious bars with a nice vodka selection:)...

Brew pub guide, Distillery guide, and the denver.org website has a lot of other suggestions for activities

Don't know what part of town you're in but much of these two lists is focused in the downtown Denver area.

Enjoy your stay!

There is a Cartier exhibit at the Denver Art Museum but it ends tomorrow!

"I would love to see city landmarks. "

ME!

Not braggin, just sayin..lol

The majority are a 1 to 2 hour tops drive from boring ole Denver. The Dunes and Verde are quite a drive. The rafting, honestly there are other places as well and some probably closer but the Arkansas offers a wide variety from leisurely on an inner tube stuff to white knuckle category five material through the Royal Gorge. Better mean it to do the latter, especially during high flows. Thinly veiled attempt to divert another lady to the south. lol