Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ricky Ricardo

Man replies to BP ad - gets robbed at gunpoint

11 posts in this topic

This story was on the front page of the Grand Junction Daily Sentinel on 10/23/2014. It is also on their website but a subscription is needed to log in to read it. Here's a synopsis of the article. No, this isn't a joke.

On Friday 10/17/2014, a man called a number in an "erotic ad" on BP. A lady gave him her real first name and had him come to a second rate Grand Junction motel for an incall. The man arrived and the lady invited him in. Two armed men wearing Halloween masks and another lady came out of the bathroom. One man pushed the victim down, put a gun to his head, and demanded money. The victim claimed he gave up the $1600 he had on him. The victim saw the ladies leave in a car, called the cops, and give them a description and license number. The cops interviewed motel management and learned that the lady recently rented the room using her real name and car make and license number.

The cops caught up with the lady a few days later. She admited to being part of the plan and said her boyfriend cooked it up the day before. The cops researched the phone number in the BP ad and learned that it's registered to the boyfriend. The lady was arrested and bonded out of jail the next day. The cops are looking for the boyfriend - thinking he might be in Denver. The cops are also asking the public for information on the other two crooks.

I have two comments. I hope he posts a review and I think he's in the running to win the "Oops! My most embarrassing hobby moment" thread.

My first thought is, "WTF is he carrying $1600 into a session for?"

I learned long ago to carry just enough plus a little extra for tips. Leave the rest, including CC & jewelry in the car. If you have combo locks, you can hide the keys too.

Note that this applies to "new" gals, especially BP. Old friends have a different SOP.

I was thinking the same thing but consider two possibilities. Maybe the Sentinel fucked up the story and added a zero. Or maybe the victim inflated the amount. Maybe he saw it as an opportunity to screw the thugs.

I was robbed at gunpoint back when I was living in L.A. Happend about 9 or 10 years ago. Answered an ad on craigslist which I always had great luck with utr girls. Told me to go to a location which was a house in a area I was familar with middle class area with big lots and huge front yards where you needed to get in by a gate. Told me to call when I got there and not to park directly in front of house. So called her she said she was comming to let me in. Next thing I know i see a dude running towards me with a hat on and bandana covering his face with a gun pointing at me. Told me to give up the cash which I did and he ran off with the 200 I had. Didnt ask for more just what the donation was. I had it my pocket.

Like I said at the time I had great luck finding utr/non pro girls on craigslist. They never had reviews. This girl in paticular seemed really cool and legit we talked on the phone for about 5 to 10 mins. She said bring a bathing suit so we can swimming. Maybe that shoould of been a red flag (why couldnt we go naked?) Location was cool. I was shocked but also felt lucky that all they got away with was with 200 bucks. I could of lost my life, my wallet with all my credit cards, and my car.

Lesson was learned!! Location was not cool as he hid behind bushes, gated property where house was like 100-200 feet from gate so I was stuck there standing around waiting. Maybe should of stayed in my car until she came out. I called her back which she never answered left a message and said nice scam well played and karma is a bitch!

The Daily Sentinel article included the name and a photo of the boyfriend the cops think might be in Denver. He is definitely not the guy in the ad you referenced. But thanks for the information.

I know they are unrelated. But with this guy and the other 2 guys from GJ at large, they may as well do it again, and this time might be in Denver. For 2 guys on the run $1600 won't last very long ...Be careful, it's dangerous out there...

I was thinking the same thing but consider two possibilities. Maybe the Sentinel fucked up the story and added a zero. Or maybe the victim inflated the amount. Maybe he saw it as an opportunity to screw the thugs.

Adding an extra zero makes this quite the felony.