Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gr8owl

Glimmer of hope and sense

9 posts in this topic

The Canadian Supreme Court ruled all prostitution laws in Canada violated the guarantee to life, liberty and the security of the person. The basis for the argument against the prostitution laws is the laws increase the dangers for the sex workers. The Court is giving the legislature a year to consider new laws, but they will have to address the law as well the safety of the Ladies.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/canadian-court-strikes-down-anti-prostitution-laws

There was a paper out some years ago entitled, "Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking?". I only have a hard copy so don't have a link but it wasn't too hard to find, it's still floating around on the internet.

The summary of the paper was:

"This paper investigates the impact of legalized prostitution on human trafficking inflows. According to economic theory,

there are two opposing effects of unknown magnitude. The scale effect of legalized prostitution leads to an expansion of the prostitution market, increasing human trafficking, while the substitution effect reduces demand for trafficked women as legal prostitutes are favored over trafficked ones. Our empirical analysis for a cross-section of up to 150 countries shows that the scale effect dominates the substitution effect. On average, countries where prostitution is legal experience larger reported human trafficking inflows."

Be careful what you wish for.

Well the only problem we hav ec is some cities in Midwest Canada don't welcome us and ask us to get a working papers

I think it's awesome.

I predicted when I was in high school that substance and prostitution laws would be defeated because they're illogical and do more harm than good. It seems to be coming to pass and it will be good.

If only the US was more on top of it.

Don't get your hopes up yet. They are planning on implementing the Swedish plan which gives the girls a free pass but makes it s serious offense for the men. Prostitution in Sweden is down considerably.