Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Syrina

Fun things todo while I'm in town/Good areas to live in?!?

12 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone!! It is my first visit to Denver and am interested in doing a little site seeing, being touristy...lol. If that's a word! I would love everyone's input on fun things to do while I'm here. Also I am in the process of relocating and would like some input on good areas to rent in :). Any info about either would be greatly appreciated :)

Syrina

A trip out to Estes Park, then on up to Rocky Mountain National Park, may be fun. Take the Dream Lake hike. Good luck.

I'm a very fun thing to do in Colorado...just trying to be helpful as always :P

I would love everyone's input on fun things to do while I'm here. Syrina

A trip out to Estes Park, then on up to Rocky Mountain National Park, may be fun. Take the Dream Lake hike. Good luck.

Know of any good cabins to stay?

That sounds like a blast!! Can't wait to explore :)

Know of any good cabins to stay?

The lovely Syrina could stay in my cabin, but I don't think the wife would approve.

You can go face sitting. A lot of providers go face sitting when they visit Denver.

for a wild time (and by that i mean the menu) at the Buckhorn Exchange restaurant 11th and Osage and don't forget The Fort off 285 in Morrison

Welcome to Colorful Colorado!!! There used to be signs at the borders that said that.

"Being touristy"...well Colorado loves tourists...so long as they leave some of their money behind before they go home. Moving here is another matter though as I think we've reached our quota of Texican and Caliphony refugees.:P But what the hell...they let me in 40 yrs ago, a lost Wolverine far from home. I'm sure you couldn't hurt the state any worse than I have and besides it's to late to seal off the borders since the Arapahoe and Utes should have done it a couple hundred years ago.

Now as to your original question.

Denver's City Park has both a world class zoo and natural history museum. Don't think of trying both in one day as you'll need at least a full day a piece to do them justice.

Red Rocks park is one of the most beautiful outdoor concert venues in the country and during the summer almost every night is booked for one show or another. The park is usually open during the day and the view back towards the city is rather nice.

There are about a 100 times as many places to go hiking, camping and fishing then even I've been able to explore in 40yrs. Maybe I'll let you know of a few of my favorite places when we meet.;) A word of caution though; give yourself time to adjust to the altitude before any extended exercise in the high country. However the sense of accomplishment, wonder and awe as you stand on top your 1st 14er will more than make up for the exhaustion at the end of the day.

There is an actual Southpark Colorado. Of course it's not a town and nothing like the TV show but still a place worth visiting. The two creators of that show are native sons though and kind of illustrates what the Colorado state of mind is like.

For Denver night life pick up a copy of the Westword. A local weekly freebie mag available on many street corners. It has fairly good listings of which bands and DJs are playing which clubs around town. A good guide for finding the place that matches whatever your musical tastes are.

I could keep writing this post for the rest of the night and barely touch upon all the things to do and see in Colorado. Perhaps when I get to know you better I'll be able to make suggestions closer to your own personal tastes. Besides you've already found out where the cool kids hang out on the internet :P and isn't that half the battle.

...Happy Hobbying...

...Crazy Horse...

The lovely Syrina could stay in my cabin, but I don't think the wife would approve.

Lol....we couldn't convince her to join ;)

Lol....we couldn't convince her to join ;)

Ah, now you have my mind racing.