Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TinaDavis

What happened with the John Law?

7 posts in this topic

Remember that "John School" bill that passed a couple years ago? Im doing a paper on it right now for school and realized that since it passed there has been no further mention of it and with the exception of the 12 people arrested last year on suspicion or running a [snip] prostitution ring (we talked about it on here, they were all [snip]) the last time there was a big reverse sting was 2 years ago shortly after the bill passed. Has anyone heard anything further about it?

Edited by boink36
Forbidden topic removed.

I would go straight to the horse's mouth, The City Attorney and get an update then report back. As a lot of inquiring minds want to know.

lilithia

Edited by lilithia
spelling

What Lithia said.

Not surprised not much has happened re: John Law. Takes money to set-up and maintain the program, but unlike DUI, not as many Johns getting busted in a year, so, not the revenue generator DUI programs are. And chasing down Johns, board conspiracy theorists and Lakewood aside, are not a high priority for LE unless someone complains. This was feel-good legislation from the get-go.

I heard they dropped the school idea when too many politicians started passing the entrance exam.

There is very little info out there about it. I could find abunch from before it passed and maybe 2 articles that briefly mentioned it after its passing. It was kinda strange.

I think it was a law that no one was willing to vote against. So, it passed to satisfy the person who initiated it, and now its on the books, just not on anyone's high priority list for enforcement.