Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Velvet Valentine

Tracking Protection

8 posts in this topic

Cool. Downloaded for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Was using disconnect.me, worked well, but this is more encompassing.

Question is: what is Velvet trying to prevent from tracking? Do Not Track is voluntary by websites, so, turning that on in supported browsers, generally, won't do anything. Tools like this Do Not Track extension helps eliminate cookies, but, still generating logs of what you've done, where you've visited at the ISPs, cell phone company, etc. Need to use some anonymous IP/VPN service to hide some, but even then, have been stories/cases where LE has obtained info.

Question is: what is Velvet trying to prevent from tracking? .

Mostly just ad traking sites and junk...but it's always good to learn what they do and how to use them for whatever.

Ditch IE, install, Chrome and various relevant extensions. Problem solved. It's 2013. Only grandpops still uses Intenet Explorer:rolleyes:

Ditch IE, install, Chrome and various relevant extensions. Problem solved. It's 2013. Only grandpops still uses Intenet Explorer:rolleyes:

Unfortunately there is one ad program that a lot of us use that only works in IE. And that's when it works...:confused:

I'm sure the op is well aware of various search engines. lol

Yeah, but still, 2Big's point is still valid: use IE for the one thing that doesn't work in other browsers, use Firefox or Chrome for everything else.

I'll only use IE when I run into a poorly designed website that only works on Windows/IE combo (which luckily these days, maybe happens once a year, if that).