Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
urfan

oh what to do on the first day of Spring?

5 posts in this topic

the vernal equinox is upon us.

paraphrased from a pagan primer:

Pagans decorate their altars (incalls) with a light green cloth and candles, flowers, a bowl of soil, a wand (yours perhaps), a large seed (no explanation needed), flowers, parchment (the envelope) and something to write with. March flowers are violets and jonquils. Any flower can be used.

Meditation (lurking) follows this with each person deciding what is desired, feeling the need and the attainment of that which is wanted. (hmm, my fancy is lightly turning to thoughts of the atf)

The need could be to develop a quality such as gentleness or an opportunity or something for another person (mutual O's). When the bell is rung thrice, the parchment is passed from person to person and each writes what is desired. This plants the seed (now you're talkin) within the mind and helps the person to attain what is wanted. When this is done, the leader takes the parchment to the altar and lights it, allowing the ashes to fall into the earth in the bowl. (this may qualify as a fetish and will cost ya extra) While doing so, the leader voices a general affirmation. (a 'fantastic review perhaps) The ashes are mixed with the soil with a special knife. The participants move around the circle, hugging and/or kissing each other. Ale and cakes are eaten. (i know a cake i'd love to eat) The temple is cleared. (your time's up honey) A feast and entertainment follow.

Pagans use a bell to begin the rite of erecting the temple, an imaginary circle. The high priest and/or priestess lead a chant for all to join in and welcome spring. Flowers are held. (metaphor for a HJ) The group dances around the circle clockwise (multiple provider extravaganza). Singing may accompany the movements. Three rings of the bell signal the end of the dance. (obviously a clock-watcher) There is another chant to welcome spring and to plant what one hopes will come to fruition.

Ostara Afterglow

Bask in and reflect on the joy of the celebration (with a warm wet towel). The feast has been savored and it's time to relax. (don't mind my snoring) Or talk about what flower and vegetable seeds and/or seedlings to plant and where they will be in the garden. (MSOG) Plan activities for the season. (the inevitable return)

The day has been good....

or just throw on some Stravinski and crank his 'rite of spring'

It would seem as if someone has been feeling a bit of cabin fever.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! .........NOT !!!!

the vernal equinox is upon us.

paraphrased from a pagan primer:

Pagans decorate their altars (incalls) with a light green cloth and candles, flowers, a bowl of soil, a wand (yours perhaps), a large seed (no explanation needed), flowers, parchment (the envelope) and something to write with. March flowers are violets and jonquils. Any flower can be used.

Meditation (lurking) follows this with each person deciding what is desired, feeling the need and the attainment of that which is wanted. (hmm, my fancy is lightly turning to thoughts of the atf)

The need could be to develop a quality such as gentleness or an opportunity or something for another person (mutual O's). When the bell is rung thrice, the parchment is passed from person to person and each writes what is desired. This plants the seed (now you're talkin) within the mind and helps the person to attain what is wanted. When this is done, the leader takes the parchment to the altar and lights it, allowing the ashes to fall into the earth in the bowl. (this may qualify as a fetish and will cost ya extra) While doing so, the leader voices a general affirmation. (a 'fantastic review perhaps) The ashes are mixed with the soil with a special knife. The participants move around the circle, hugging and/or kissing each other. Ale and cakes are eaten. (i know a cake i'd love to eat) The temple is cleared. (your time's up honey) A feast and entertainment follow.

Pagans use a bell to begin the rite of erecting the temple, an imaginary circle. The high priest and/or priestess lead a chant for all to join in and welcome spring. Flowers are held. (metaphor for a HJ) The group dances around the circle clockwise (multiple provider extravaganza). Singing may accompany the movements. Three rings of the bell signal the end of the dance. (obviously a clock-watcher) There is another chant to welcome spring and to plant what one hopes will come to fruition.

Ostara Afterglow

Bask in and reflect on the joy of the celebration (with a warm wet towel). The feast has been savored and it's time to relax. (don't mind my snoring) Or talk about what flower and vegetable seeds and/or seedlings to plant and where they will be in the garden. (MSOG) Plan activities for the season. (the inevitable return)

The day has been good....

or just throw on some Stravinski and crank his 'rite of spring'

I'm partial to Valvaldi's "Primavera". Have a happy Spring, folks! Too bad it's not annus bisextus or we'd REALLY have a party!!!