Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mace

PSA: On Review Considerations, Profile Deletions.

9 posts in this topic

This past week (and more than usual), the Review staff has had to deal with some inane drama regarding:

- People posing as others to manipulate review profiles.

- Review disputes between providers and clients.

- Incorrect information classifying services.

- Incorrect identification of provider/phone # causing additional research.

- Late or no responses to requests for confirmation of information on review details.

I will attempt to address PMs and e-mails referencing the above.

"I submitted a review 2 weeks ago, why isn't it up?"

Reviews are moderated and approved fairly*. A database is only as good as the entry methods available. If your submitted review is held, it could be due to a number of factors. Case-in-point; It's unbelievable how many times that a "City" field can be so ignorantly and incorrectly filled with anything/everything other than a city name. Unless it's now become common practice to do an advanced search for "in her bed", this won't change.

Reasons why some posted reviews are deleted:

- Provider has moved/retired and positively confirmed (at least an attempt), that their reviews from other review sites have been/are being removed.

- Provider has changed name and no longer wishes to associate their business with those past reviews (good or bad).

- Provider (for privacy reasons) wishes to go DNR (Do Not Review), and has positively confirmed (at least an attempt), that their reviews from other review sites have been/are being removed.

- Provider has been banned - for a number of reasons. I will only share that now I understand T.O.'s past decisions on these cases.

- Provider deceased.

Reviewers:

If you are submitting incorrect information, dead URL links, disconnected phone numbers, outdated session info from last year, etc... your review may not be approved. The moderators' decisions are final and these are fantasy reads, bottom line. It seems harsh, but try to detach yourself from the emotion.

Here's more info and suggestions from my predecessor:

http://www.theotherboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=127775&postcount=1

Providers:

Reviews are opinion and fantasy. If you allow public fantasy reviews of your business, you must deal with those public opinions - good, bad or indifferent. It seems harsh, but try to detach yourself from the emotion.

As of this writing there are 23 reviews in the queue awaiting approval for at least one of the reasons above.. We try to keep it within that number as we await confirmation of information or have time to research.

Questions regarding the Review Board should be addressed to the "Contact Us" link ON the review board - not through PMs here.

* Suggesting that the moderators are influenced, bought, bribed, etc. - regarding placement or approval of reviews will now get 30 day suspension of either a reviewer account or provider profile.

We do encourage anyone to participate and contribute within their comfort level. But remember, "it's all fun and games until someone gets a dick in their eye."

"it's all fun and games until someone gets a dick in their eye."

And all this time I thought getting dick in the eye was a good thing.:P

I kept this thread open because I am interested in contribution and commentary. But I must repeat:

Questions regarding the Review Board [your submitted reviews, profile info, etc] should be addressed to the "Contact Us" link ON the review board - not through PMs here.

Mace, that was a well thought out, and well-written posting on reviews. Thank

you. I don't envy you on the amount of time you folks put into this forum. It Its a thankless job that probably doesn't pay your bills, but your good intentions and fairness in dealing with peoples emotions is appreciated/ Its all about common sense, but sometimes people just forget they have that particular emotion.:o

Edited by Jez UaBriain
can't spell this evening.

Mace - I can only echo Jez's comments.

Destiny - Only if you take the glass one out first :eek:

I'm sorry to hear that this kind of silliness has to be dealt with. I think I've used the "contact us" link once since 2001.

You have my thanks, and pity. :o

What Jez said. Was basically thinking the same thing when saw the original post.

Big thanks/thumbs-up to the review moderators.

I also have a BIG thank you to say to Mace and Kaduk....

THANK YOU!!!!

I'll tell you one thing, I'd kill the bleeping Review Database, the massive headache and stupid drama is creates, if it was left up to me to deal with. Either that or charge up the wazoo for it. ;)

Oxy