Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indoguy

is it the color of my skin?

53 posts in this topic

Just a hop, skip, and jump from Australia :) Been there once or twice ;)

There is nothing to "understand". It's just plain stupidity. Some put this in there because their boyfriend/pimp told them to.
i would see ads where providers would put "No Black Men", what is up with that? I'm asian with light brown skin and i still have problems when providers ask for a picture, is this business only for white people :( we colored people have needs also ;) i've been striking out this weekend just when i'm carefree :mad:
OK, who had the under bet for the first racial thread in 2013 being before the month of January was out? :rolleyes: Indo, many ladies advertise more M-F vs the weekends, so your available pool already diminishes over the weekend (unless you pre-book). Secondly, if a lady/ies are consistently asking you for a photo ID, I think something is wrong with the way YOU are setting up appointments.

That I know of, there are very few ladies who won't see men of any color, my guess is < 2% of Colorado providers. Tough titty! Concentrate on the other 98% that will see you, it's not that difficult!:D

I get really frustrated with women who have a lame "rule" against races. I have never encountered an issue with any one of any race except white actually. And because that is my majority clientele it's bound to happen sometimes.

I think if you advertise yourself the right way, and have rates accordingly you will automatically weed out the assholes. When I first learned that certain women deny men of race I was appalled and scratched my head trying to understand why.:confused: The reasons I have heard so far are horseshit. :rolleyes:

i would see ads where providers would put "No Black Men", what is up with that? I'm asian with light brown skin and i still have problems when providers ask for a picture, is this business only for white people :( we colored people have needs also ;) i've been striking out this weekend just when i'm carefree :mad:

2 points:

my favorite and hottest client is asian.

and although i dont list no black men, it just occurred to me why some women do.

I get really frustrated with women who have a lame "rule" against races. I have never encountered an issue with any one of any race except white actually. And because that is my majority clientele it's bound to happen sometimes.

I think if you advertise yourself the right way, and have rates accordingly you will automatically weed out the assholes. When I first learned that certain women deny men of race I was appalled and scratched my head trying to understand why.:confused: The reasons I have heard so far are horseshit. :rolleyes:

I hear you man. I think it just straight up Racism. Call it what it is. instead of sugar coating. Thank you Adelle for expressing your frustration. I wish other providers would do the same in solidarity. As a man of Color i feel personally insulted by those statements. In addition I'm a bit confused. I recently posted a respectable ad looking for a provider with certain natural endowments that I find important. Some of the reponses i got back were very unfavorable. As though I was being very inappropriate. How come I cant ask a respectable question abut a female body part, but at the same time, be marginalised because of my race. Isn't that a double standard? I know some brothers could be assholes but aren't there any white men who are assholes too? I've also met my share of asshole providers. Just saying.

I think it just straight up Racism.

I recently posted a respectable ad looking for a provider with certain natural endowments that I find important.

Maybe it isn't racism and just her preference. Obviously you have your preferences so why can't she have hers?

i would personally NEVER SEE ANY BLACK MAN or LATINO or ASIAN or PALE FACE who doesn't speak properly, exude professionalism or be respectful.

THAT IS MY CHOICE.

Maybe it isn't racism and just her preference. Obviously you have your preferences so why can't she have hers?

I'm all about about preference. Just dont come unglued and bent out of shape when I state mine. That's all I'm saying. If the preference theory holds water, then it should be applied to all.

i would personally NEVER SEE ANY BLACK MAN or LATINO or ASIAN or PALE FACE who doesn't speak properly, exude professionalism or be respectful.

THAT IS MY CHOICE.

Amen to that! Now that's a theory I could deal with :D

When I waited tables for 7 years, I was immediately told that black people did not tip as much as white people. I thought my fellow servers were probably under some kind of delusion. I did not believe them.

You can see where this is going. It turned out that they were right. Repeatedly.

Now, I do not have a racist bone in my body. Not one. The tipping thing is merely a fact that I observed.

Does it mean that black people are immoral, inferior, or less intelligent? Of course not. It simply means that in my part of the country (Los Angeles at the time) they tended to tip less than white people.

If I knew the hostess well, I would casually ask her to send the big tippers (white people) to my station. Some servers would outright bribe the hostess. The BLACK servers would bribe the hostess for the exact same reasons!

The point of the story is that it all came down to economics. If black people were better tippers, we would have preferred them.

If all this is somehow racist, so be it. It is not meant to be. I'm in my 40s now, so this cultural tipping thing may be a thing of the past. Or it may have been a regional thing. Who knows?

I mention all this because perhaps it is the same thing in the ASP world. It may be. It may not. However, all people are motivated by economics, and ASPs are no different than waiters (or any other profession) in this respect.

Yeah, I'd have to agree on that....

I'm all about preference, all I'm saying is give people a chance at least meet them first then let your gut take over. What if I was Denzel Washington in denver looking for a provider? You haven't even met me yet and you're already denying me of service. Would you rather take an ugly fat white man over a good looking rich young colored man?

im 99% sure this preference is not about tipping. :rolleyes:

I have been straightened out on this topic. It appears I am quite naive, in some matters at least. :cool:

Man, I see a lot of brothas whining and crying about some hooker not wanting to see them because they're black. Who gives a shit? Make a list, start calling the next girl. Stop feeling sorry for yourself.

When I waited tables for 7 years, I was immediately told that black people did not tip as much as white people. I thought my fellow servers were probably under some kind of delusion. I did not believe them.

You can see where this is going. It turned out that they were right. Repeatedly.

Now, I do not have a racist bone in my body. Not one. The tipping thing is merely a fact that I observed.

Does it mean that black people are immoral, inferior, or less intelligent? Of course not. It simply means that in my part of the country (Los Angeles at the time) they tended to tip less than white people.

If I knew the hostess well, I would casually ask her to send the big tippers (white people) to my station. Some servers would outright bribe the hostess. The BLACK servers would bribe the hostess for the exact same reasons!

The point of the story is that it all came down to economics. If black people were better tippers, we would have preferred them.

If all this is somehow racist, so be it. It is not meant to be. I'm in my 40s now, so this cultural tipping thing may be a thing of the past. Or it may have been a regional thing. Who knows?

I mention all this because perhaps it is the same thing in the ASP world. It may be. It may not. However, all people are motivated by economics, and ASPs are no different than waiters (or any other profession) in this respect.

Dumbest. Post. Ever.

If this post were any dumber, it would qualify for protection under the Americans With Disabilities Act.

:cool:

This situation happens everywhere I am in Texas and I have seen many ads No AA I think its a level of security for some women, some do not feel safe seeing AA because of fear of getting robbed,raped, ect.. everyone has their reasons. I personally dont care but if you speak to me in a manner in which I dont feel comfortable I will not see you. Dont men choose what type of provider they wish to see? Tall, spinners, BBW, whitegirls, to each their own.

Dumbest. Post. Ever.

If this post were any dumber, it would qualify for protection under the Americans With Disabilities Act.

:cool:

There used to be a code of conduct that went something like this: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

In the online world, the rule is "Don't say something online that you would not say to someone in person." It is the height of cowardice to say something online under the cover of anonymity. Now you know.

I agree with the confusion of it all? I provide great references [snip] not to mention other great and respected ASP and then the other day after providing these references with no conversations of race I show up to the appt and I hear the door lock. I knocked and called [snip] and no answer. Honesrly id rather see it stated "No Black Men" then waste my time. Yes [snip] doesnt see black men and only stating this so others dont waste thier time.

Edited by boink36
Names removed.

at the albeit risk of posting an even dumber post, think about this for a minute. we're not talking about the ladies serving tea and crumpets (although some do i'm sure) for a $5 tip, they're blowing your junk, letting you slobber and paw them, and fucking you for Christ's sake.

given that, it's a mutual acceptance situation. maybe some fear the black (or brown or yellow) snake, while others revel in the variety.

I agree with the confusion of it all? I provide great references [snip] not to mention other great and respected ASP and then the other day after providing these references with no conversations of race I show up to the appt and I hear the door lock. I knocked and called [snip] and no answer. Honesrly id rather see it stated "No Black Men" then waste my time. Yes [snip] doesnt see black men and only stating this so others dont waste thier time.

Others might, too.

While she's certainly entitled to make her own rules for whom she will see, she's do well by making it clear whom she won't see. If she doesn't, a review objectively describing your experience might well save time for others--and more than this thread will.

As much as we all might wish it to be otherwise, this business isn't the same as dining at the lunch counter or getting on the bus in Selma Alabama. It is an intimate personal service business, and we all probably have to deal with any given lady preferring a certain type of client, whether it be race, physique, age, personality type, etc. ... without roasting anyone for their personal preferences. There are many aspects of this biz which are difficult to deal with. I understand your frustration, but it is a biz where trial and error is unfortunately the rule on both sides of the transaction.