Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jez UaBriain

Abc's and hall monitors

34 posts in this topic

Puppies and warm fuzzy mittens. Spelling, posters who can't follow a thread and my new fave: posting in text talk! The price of admission is relatively low... therefore the bar's got to be as well. Happy be tryin' to retire from de rat race. Ain't me job. :cool:

What he said! I don't care if their/there, your/you're or even to/two/too are used incorrectly/interchangably, or fat-fingered spelling comes through loud and unclear. I can wade through text-ese, ebonics and twitter-ish. But I can't fathom incoherence, which appears here and other places more often than you would like.

Is it so hard to be logical and communicate clearly? Unfortunately, for some, that appears to be the case...

+1

Far too often, I am unable to decipher a post even after several readings!!

I don't mind, and it happens to me :o, when a word is misspelled or maybe a letter is dropped.

But when your Iphone completely changes the word you are trying to type, get to a regular key board!

There is nothing so important that you need to share that you can't get close to using the correct words.

In the past I've tried to correct a post of mine, but the "edit" window is very short on this site.