Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Velvet Valentine

Situation Question- Fair Opinions Please

67 posts in this topic

The gentleman, if he truly IS a gentleman, should compensate travel & expenses. Sadly, many men do not value us as ladies and they know that if they screw us over, there will be plenty of other providers that are willing to see them. It sucks, but I would've given the same advice. While you can't force them to compensate, you can ask, and your friend really should.

Something similar happened to me way back when I was new. I asked for compensation. I didn't get it, so I threatened to write a review on pbuzz & blacklist, and when he failed to respond I did just that! It's pretty much all we CAN do.

If it was me first of all if would have to really be a big emergency to pass up two ladies, and it would have to be a real emergency. So assuming that something did happen to drag me away I would offer to pay them for their expenses, that is what I would do at a minimum.

Now it works both ways, I had a well reviewed well loved lady miss an appointment, because her phone quit working as I was pulling in to the incall parking lot, I called and called and called, never answered. It was an accident wasn't really her fault, but the fact is I traveled well over an hour to get there and eventually had to just drive home because I never heard from her. When we finally talked and she told me what happened did I get an offer of a discounted visit, or anything like that, NO, just an offer to reschedule. So I only point it out that it is not only guys that don't know how to deal with a situation like that.

I believe that if there was a real emergency and he had to leave his regular provider, she would have understood especially if he at least offered some re-compensation for their time and everything else ... I am even sure she might give him a free session another time ... but with the facts you just mentioned ... he is an A$$

I know I’m pretty new to all this but I’m going to toss my opinion out there anyway.

I’ve canceled sessions on more than one occasion. I usually schedule several days in advance, and when I’ve had to cancel I’ve done so at least two days before the scheduled session. In all instances the ladies were very gracious. That’s something I appreciate.

In the situation described by the OP, where the cancellation was last minute due to an emergency, I think the providers should be compensated in full. The ladies held up their end of the bargain at considerable time and expense to them.

To me, not paying them has the same feel as winning a pool game and having my opponent refuse to pay me because he was having an off day. I’m sorry for whatever happened to cause him to cancel, but he still has an obligation to do what he said he would do.

This is strictly my opinion and everyone does things a little differently with their business. There are ways to get a deposit prior to anything as elaborate or time consuming as traveling 1-2 hours to a location for a gentleman wanting to book for 2 providers.

At this point there isn't much your friend(s) can do, and I wouldn't waste too much effort or any more time into trying to collect money from the guy, but they can at least post an alert on the guy on the various provider alert sites. Nationalblacklist.com and providerbuzz.com and verifyhim.com are all great alert sites for providers and well worth investing in. I am not affiliated with any of these sites but do purchase memberships with two of them and one of them is completely free.

It is a hard lesson to learn, and screening someone is really key to avoiding something like this. I am sorry to hear that they spent money and wasted gas traveling for someone to do this to them.

Again, just have your friend(s) register and pay for the sites I mentioned and post alerts on this guy.

In addition tell them they may want to place something on their website saying that a deposit is required for appointments where travel is farther than 10 miles out from their location. Or that a deposit is required to book a doubles appointment.

The only gentleman who will balk at this are the ones who may not have the best intentions in the first place. The deposit can go toward the total amount of the appointment time.

I started reading over what others said to see if it would sway my thinking... my eyes glazed over. NOPE.

Shoe on my foot? I travel EVERYWHERE and have REGULARS EVERYWHERE. This has 100% to do that I AM available at the beck and call and bend to THEIR life and circumstances. If they pre-book? Rad. If they need me Hot Like Pizza.. cool. Im not insulted.. its just the nature of business.

I would NEVER get a hotel for one client and one experience. In 6 years, Ive never got a room for one encounter. If i set up shop... I might see at least 4 guys to justify me getting a room with my money..gas.. plane ticket.. travel expenses. I try to "break even" within my first few hours of landing... if I dont.. I feel Im not hustling enough.

But being these ASPs.. if it was one of my regulars, I would eat the cost because he will always bring in MORE money. Instead of making my regular feel bad.. my angle would be -"Take me shopping or out to a nice dinner- before our next play time". He will most like

1. tip maybe 50% to cover the cost for being a butthead

2. return with MORE loyalty

3. You will get to have FUN shopping (or with a discreet shopping car if he is married) or get a nice dinner

In the End, if he is not a douch and is not made out to feel like one.. he will return and be dependable income.You WILL be his ATF.

Remember.. if you scold your regulars.. you might remind them of a WIFE.. which.. they dont need another one. Scolding him.. and he will must likely move on.

...if it was one of my regulars, I would eat the cost because he will always bring in MORE money. Instead of making my regular feel bad.. my angle would be -"Take me shopping or out to a nice dinner- before our next play time".

Now here is someone who gets it (no surprise). No quicker way to guarantee you have seen the last dollar of mine you will ever see than to tax me for fun I didn't have. I'd pay it if I owed it; but that would be the end. Consider it an investment in our ongoing relationship...and I would be very gratefully generou$$$.