Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jessie

Simple Words of Wisdom

13 posts in this topic

As the years go by I learned the hard way the advice that my father tried desperately to give me... 'The less people people know about you, the better off you are in life'...

I didn't quite understand then, but I see all too well now.

Just because my heart is big does not mean my mouth needs share the same characteristic :/

There's also "It is wiser to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

I totally disagree with that (no offense to your father). I am happier today and more open and honest then I have ever been in my life. It's a very freeing thing not hiding things or putting up walls to protect yourself. But hey, different things work for different people....what brings happiness to one is not always what brings happiness to another.

It really kind of depends on what you want out of life. My personal life is none of the general public's business. But for someone i want to be close to I really need to share all of my thoughts and desires. I think the tricky part is identifying those you really want to be close to and those you don't. Especially when you are young it is tough to see inside a person and know if they will hurt you or not.

Vic

I believe it's about choosing your company wisely (both in this industry and "real life" ) so that you can simply feel comfortable being yourself..without barriers. We all make mistakes...simply learn from them and choose to be discerning in whom you give to and spend time with. best wishes and hugs.

I believe it's about choosing your company wisely (both in this industry and "real life" ) so that you can simply feel comfortable being yourself..without barriers. We all make mistakes...simply learn from them and choose to be discerning in whom you give to and spend time with. best wishes and hugs.

God, I love you Melinda ;)

I made the mistake of divulging to much info to friends that I shoot pool with on our trip the LV for a tournament. A couple guys expressed a desire to see an ASP, but never did after I showed them what they needed to know. Now one idiot that I work with brings up the subject in mixed company out side the realm of the pool team. This is 2 years ago. :mad:

Another close friend I mentioned it to has never brought the subject up again.

As Melinda mentioned, choose your confidants wisely.

i completely agree with you sophia! but in this world things may be very different. if this is your perspective, all i can say is choose your friends very wisely ms. williams.

I totally disagree with that (no offense to your father). I am happier today and more open and honest then I have ever been in my life. It's a very freeing thing not hiding things or putting up walls to protect yourself. But hey, different things work for different people....what brings happiness to one is not always what brings happiness to another.

As the years go by I learned the hard way the advice that my father tried desperately to give me... 'The less people people know about you, the better off you are in life'...

Just because my heart is big does not mean my mouth needs share the same characteristic :/

Jessie. At the risk of stating the glaringly obvious: In posting this you contravened the very advice you have been given, the very maxim you posted.

If you really want to apply this principle, which is a good one, simply shut up; don't not tell everyone that you intend to, or have, shut up.

Some people are going to like you and others are not. Its a simple inevitability of it all. The more people you interact with the more enemies you're going to have, but at the same time you're going to make some friends along the way. Its all in how you deal with your enemies. Its all in how you sift through and find the diamonds in the rough that makes it all worth it. You can focus on the negative or focus on the positive. Its all a matter of where your focus is at. Why invest time into people that do so little for you?

Thank you so much Melinda. I always knew you were cool!

I really appreciate the insightful, experienced, genuine, and positive reply. I really do.

Thank you

Jessie. At the risk of stating the glaringly obvious: In posting this you contravened the very advice you have been given, the very maxim you posted.

If you really want to apply this principle, which is a good one, simply shut up; don't not tell everyone that you intend to, or have, shut up.