Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Oxymoron

Final Word on Signatures - Important!

11 posts in this topic

After much consideration, I've decided that NO graphics or images will be permitted in anyone's signature. The moderators do not want to be in charge of policing what graphics are and aren't acceptable(nor do I), and I don't want to put any more work on their plates than necessary.

I think that my original intent can be satisfied if everyone can post text links and contact info if they wish, but no graphics or images.

I'm sad that my own fantastic graphics will have to be shelved, as well as the work the other providers put into theirs, but in the grand scheme of things it's small potatoes... nothing to cry over. We tried, oh well.

So for what IS allowed in Signatures (for everyone!):

Up to 10 lines of text

Up to 500 characters

Size limit is 4

Colors are okay

Fonts are okay

Links are okay

Quotes are okay

Contact Info is okay

Smilies are okay

Basically, the forum software should prevent you from doing anything with your signature that isn't allowed. Effective Immediately.

No images or graphics are permitted.

No text that could be considered "advertising" or drawing unnecessary, sexually charged, attention is permitted.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Oxy

Oh no.. Charlie of Denver said she made me a cute graphic..something sexy with books. I think I am going to learn how to make a banner anyway to better myself. I might have to buy ad to show it off. Or I may just round up the ladies and start a marketing firm. Anyone watch Madmen what a twist...

Yeah, it's cool that Gina came to a fair conclusion. I don't get to use my graphic. Oh well. I'm not going to come on here and cry and moan and complain like a little baby. I am thankful that I get to link all of my information in my signature. And even if that was not going to be allowed I still wouldn't have thrown a fit like a little girl in pink ruffle panties like some around here like to do. But I would like it to be noted that I intentionally made my text AS BIG as the rules would allow to annoy you 2Big.:cool:

Thanks, excellent!

Yeah, it's cool that Gina came to a fair conclusion. I don't get to use my graphic. Oh well. I'm not going to come on here and cry and moan and complain like a little baby. I am thankful that I get to link all of my information in my signature. And even if that was not going to be allowed I still wouldn't have thrown a fit like a little girl in pink ruffle panties like some around here like to do. But I would like it to be noted that I intentionally made my text AS BIG as the rules would allow to annoy you 2Big.:cool:

That's not the largest font available under the new rules. Use Size 4, Arial Black Font, Bold for that.

Destiny

That's not the largest font available under the new rules. Use Size 4, Arial Black Font, Bold for that.

Destiny

Jeeze Clownshoes, you seem to have missed the color proviso...:rolleyes:

Although, while I have since turned them off, since I often browse without logging in I prefer white(white).;)

Jeeze Clownshoes, you seem to have missed the color proviso...:rolleyes:

Although, while I have since turned them off, since I often browse without logging in I prefer white(white).;)

Your knowledge of typefaces and design is impressive. :rolleyes:

Yes, you are right, but when adding "BB code markup" I am essentially adding more characters "behind the scenes". So, the more font, size and color that I use, the less lines I can put in, since I am limited to 1000 characters.

Destiny