Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigBaldBlk

$500MM Lottery

42 posts in this topic

IMO with that kind of money a provider would be the best way to go, no strings attached. :D

^^^ This!

Well, thanks to everyone's grandiose schemes & dreams (and purchasing more tickets), the grand prize is up to $640MM. I'm thinking I'd like to hobby in all 196 countries in the World! :D

Anyone know if in Colo you can go incognito if you win. Heard some states you can and some you cannot.

Anyone know if in Colo you can go incognito if you win. Heard some states you can and some you cannot.

We were discussing this. The consensus was, since it's public money it's public record. You may be able to assign the ticket to a trust, making it more difficult for the average Joe to track you down.

I once had an "over $600" winner, and had to claim it at the lottery office.

I asked about forming a trust, and they said it was ok.

(see my previous post)

J.

I will be buying me a yacht and cruising the Caribbean and Bahamas. Then I think I will buy a private island where Hobbiests and ladies can vacation....Fantasy island.

You may form a trust and remain anonomous. Although it will cost you an attorney to set it up and run interference.

It will get out though.. You can't just put a large sum of money in the bank/investment house and not have someone rat you out. Someone (family, friends, a teller at the bank, someone with the IRS, etc) will let it slip or sell you out.

Sorry everyone is on their own, lol its the thought that counts right.

Well, first thing I would do would be to consult an Estates and Trusts lawyer...and set up a Trust, probably in the Cayman Islands. Second thing I would do would be to buy a fair amount of rental property to give me lifetime income. Third thing I would do is select a number of ladies from this Board to help me celebrate my good fortune. There's NO doubt in my mind that my "Hobby Budget" would substantially increase. But everything in moderation. After all, if you eat steak every night, for months on end, eventually it is no longer a delicacy, no?

JMHO....

LegalEagle

Haha, I would buy a bigger house in PR than I am already intending on buying. Then I'd retire myself there, open a restaurant and get married....yep, true!

As for the rest of the money, I'd pay all my lovely lady friends rent/mortage for a year. I'd also donate a bunch of money to the schools around here for new books, equipment etc.

I'd also pay off my parent's mortage so they can retire happily.

It's nice to dream :)

Haha, I would buy a bigger house in PR than I am already intending on buying. Then I'd retire myself there, open a restaurant and shoot myself in the foot....yep, true!

As for the rest of the money, I'd pay all my lovely lady friends rent/mortage for a year. I'd also donate a bunch of money to the schools around here for new books, equipment etc.

I'd also pay off my parent's mortage so they can retire happily.

It's nice to dream :)

Sophia I fixed it for you.:D