sparkey600

Want a better retirement?

216 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Again, asked a hard question and you hide.

HAHA! That's funny bud. I get that. Hmmm...You don't have space lasers yet? Sorry for being cross with you. It was mis emplaced. Thanks for all you do on here. I really appreciate your opinion on things in general. I hope you and your family had a good Christmas!  Much respect. One question, are you POSITIVE you can't choke him afar? Just asking, I won't hold you to anything, I promise!

We've covered this over and over and over....your rants and just that - rants.  They get my due attention.

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

HAHA! That's funny bud. I get that. Hmmm...You don't have space lasers yet? Sorry for being cross with you. It was mis emplaced. Thanks for all you do on here. I really appreciate your opinion on things in general. I hope you and your family had a good Christmas!  Much respect. One question, are you POSITIVE you can't choke him afar? Just asking, I won't hold you to anything, I promise!

Hysterical how a grifter like you yelps out for help - like you do with your shop steward - and they dismiss you.  

And your usual beta groveling and silly well wishes to another avatar on a board.  That person is not your friend.  No one here is your friend.

No more bashing each other please! I am sure you are a great guy @Might As Well  We all would love to see the kinder side of you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

1 hour ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

No more bashing each other please! I am sure you are a great guy @Might As Well  We all would love to see the kinder side of you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! 

Appreciate it!  I gave sparkey the opportunity to give the final word a few days ago and whelp....he chose to keep going.  No biggie.  I can happily carve out a few minutes each day for this.

2 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Appreciate it!  I gave sparkey the opportunity to give the final word a few days ago and whelp....he chose to keep going.  No biggie.  I can happily carve out a few minutes each day for this.

Think we are all still realin from our situation with someone who was recently banned. Poor @sparkey600 tried so hard to get that individual to wake up to his silliness, but the harder he tried the more opposition he received. It was very sad. I know you are not this way. I know it is also human nature to want to stick to your convictions andI guess, the main issue is that you have no need to push something to such extreme to prove yourself. Hell,  especially if it alienates you from the group. I did the exact same thing a couple of days ago. As you must know  it just got people upset with me.  Like religion and politics I keep those thoughts close to my heart.  I try damn hard not to bother those who don’t share or care to hear about my thoughts. It’s damn hard at times too! Especial when I feel like I need to lay into it with someone.I am finding it is best for me  to look for the common thread and good in people versus causing anger or hurt feelings. Most of these people are very kindhearted individuals. It’s kind of interesting too. We’re dealing with so many  generations on this board. Everything from baby boomers on down. We might even have a few from my mom’s generation too? Crazy to think about! I am sure you know all about this too. Please remind me also if you see me becoming unbalanced with the group. Best wishes! I am looking forward to hearing from you more. Thank you for listening to me. ☺️

On 12/26/2023 at 3:16 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Think we are all still realin from our situation with someone who was recently banned. Poor @sparkey600 tried so hard to get that individual to wake up to his silliness, but the harder he tried the more opposition he received. It was very sad. I know you are not this way. I know it is also human nature to want to stick to your convictions andI guess, the main issue is that you have no need to push something to such extreme to prove yourself. Hell,  especially if it alienates you from the group. I did the exact same thing a couple of days ago. As you must know  it just got people upset with me.  Like religion and politics I keep those thoughts close to my heart.  I try damn hard not to bother those who don’t share or care to hear about my thoughts. It’s damn hard at times too! Especial when I feel like I need to lay into it with someone.I am finding it is best for me  to look for the common thread and good in people versus causing anger or hurt feelings. Most of these people are very kindhearted individuals. It’s kind of interesting too. We’re dealing with so many  generations on this board. Everything from baby boomers on down. We might even have a few from my mom’s generation too? Crazy to think about! I am sure you know all about this too. Please remind me also if you see me becoming unbalanced with the group. Best wishes! I am looking forward to hearing from you more. Thank you for listening to me. ☺️

You and I have been friends for a long time. I appreciate your opinion in all things. And I appreciate you take on this situation for sure! Your insight is spot on as usual baby girl! Love to you!

On 12/26/2023 at 5:16 AM, Might As Well said:

As usual....another all over the place rant.

As usual, when offered a "kind of tough question" and I repeat "kind of tough" you run and hide. That's your MO. 

This is where you are wrong. Union membership in the US is growing. People want a say in what happens in their jobs, and this scares the shit out of rat employers like you. It cuts into your profits. You have to share and you don't like to share.  You don't like that at all. Most European countries have a better cost of living versus us in the US. Access to affordable health insurance, a good retirement.  Why? 90% of them belong to a Union. Here in the US 10 to 15% Union. And everyone here bitches about not being able to afford retirement. Me? been in the Union for 30 plus years. I'm going to be happy and FAT in retirement. Good for me. YAY! I made the right choice despite what many employers told me to "be careful of" or, no they will fuck you over. Employers have one thing in mind. Making as much money as they can. Think about that. Making as much money as they can. Paying their employees less because obviously they can do that without a collective bargaining  agreement. Bottom line, you you don't give a rat's ass about your employees. And they are uneducated and don't know any better. 

You will respond with "this is too long and I didn't read it or some other BS. I'm sure.

Piss off. You steal from your employees.

Above is my previous response that you ignored with one of your piss off responses. For your review of course.

One question, how many paid days off do your employees get? Qurious  here.

On 12/25/2023 at 7:18 AM, gr8owl said:

who died and made you a mod?

He seems to have a very precise understanding of me despite his 82 posts here. That's very laughable to say the least. Another troll. Like the 5,000 other trolls we've had here. He missed your comedy in your last post obviously. I thought it was funny AF!

On 11/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, Happymon said:

I glad it all worked out for you, but if you really think all those benefits were "at no cost to you," you're seriously ill-informed. I don't believe there is anything "free."

It's a negotiated as part of our wage agreement. So no, not as a cost actually but covered in an employees negotiated wages. Unlike non union where they are just fucked out of health insurance and benefits generally. Or if offered benefits, it's coupled with a lower hourly wage.  Once again. Our employees make 75 bucks an hour all in. 401K, health insurance, Dental, Vision and Retirement. Can anyone here meet that for their employees that are nonunion? If so, I'm waiting to hear it. No? Crickets. I thought so. I get so sick and tired of employers telling their employees that unions are bad for them. Bad for their bottom line. They don't like to share money for certain.... Truth be told unions are very good for employees. In regard to trade unions, it's very good for the employer's also. The have access to trained and experienced employees that have been though a 5 year training process and can produce to excellent levels. The company I work for has been Union for 105 years and counting. And it's an employee owned company for the last 7 years. What does that tell you? ESOP plans, better health insurance, better retirement. No, nothing comes at a zero level cost. The thought of that is absurd.  It's just some companies care about their employees and some don't give a shit. I'm here to stick up for the some that give a shit about their employees, unlike so many that don't care. You are right. Nothing is free. Somethings are worth fighting for. Like a livable wage, and a 40 hour work week and paid holidays. Time and a half over 40 hours of work? Paid time off for bereavement or the birth of a new one. Accrued paid time off because everyone needs a week off here and there? Got it!  Taking care of a loved one who is in their last stage of life? Do you really think big business pushed any of these as laws? No, I don't think you are this uneducated. Not at all. It's the party you hate. One guess. I'll give you a hint. It's the party that Votes against it's best interstress all of the time. Year after year.   

When I was a young man, many YEARS ago, I listened to my employers that told me how very bad unions were. Then I started asking why? The more I asked, the more they told me that they would take away from my take home pay and they would access me money from my take home pay. Which is true, they do that. What my employees didn't tell me is where I would take home a 50% plus pat increase and full benefits, see above.

Employers hate unions because they cut into their bottom lone. PERIOD.

I don’t know much about unions anymore.  I hope you two come to a settlement arrangement.  Super tired and I don’t even work as hard as you guys do! I think the biggest Problem is my eyes!  Sleep well!!!
Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

5 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

As usual, when offered a "kind of tough question" and I repeat "kind of tough" you run and hide. That's your MO. 

This is where you are wrong. Union membership in the US is growing. People want a say in what happens in their jobs, and this scares the shit out of rat employers like you. It cuts into your profits. You have to share and you don't like to share.  You don't like that at all. Most European countries have a better cost of living versus us in the US. Access to affordable health insurance, a good retirement.  Why? 90% of them belong to a Union. Here in the US 10 to 15% Union. And everyone here bitches about not being able to afford retirement. Me? been in the Union for 30 plus years. I'm going to be happy and FAT in retirement. Good for me. YAY! I made the right choice despite what many employers told me to "be careful of" or, no they will fuck you over. Employers have one thing in mind. Making as much money as they can. Think about that. Making as much money as they can. Paying their employees less because obviously they can do that without a collective bargaining  agreement. Bottom line, you you don't give a rat's ass about your employees. And they are uneducated and don't know any better. 

You will respond with "this is too long and I didn't read it or some other BS. I'm sure.

Piss off. You steal from your employees.

Above is my previous response that you ignored with one of your piss off responses. For your review of course.

One question, how many paid days off do your employees get? Qurious  here.

LOL.  Rant.  Rant.  Rant.

3 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

It's a negotiated as part of our wage agreement. So no, not as a cost actually but covered in an employees negotiated wages. Unlike non union where they are just fucked out of health insurance and benefits generally. Or if offered benefits, it's coupled with a lower hourly wage.  Once again. Our employees make 75 bucks an hour all in. 401K, health insurance, Dental, Vision and Retirement. Can anyone here meet that for their employees that are nonunion? If so, I'm waiting to hear it. No? Crickets. I thought so. I get so sick and tired of employers telling their employees that unions are bad for them. Bad for their bottom line. They don't like to share money for certain.... Truth be told unions are very good for employees. In regard to trade unions, it's very good for the employer's also. The have access to trained and experienced employees that have been though a 5 year training process and can produce to excellent levels. The company I work for has been Union for 105 years and counting. And it's an employee owned company for the last 7 years. What does that tell you? ESOP plans, better health insurance, better retirement. No, nothing comes at a zero level cost. The thought of that is absurd.  It's just some companies care about their employees and some don't give a shit. I'm here to stick up for the some that give a shit about their employees, unlike so many that don't care. You are right. Nothing is free. Somethings are worth fighting for. Like a livable wage, and a 40 hour work week and paid holidays. Time and a half over 40 hours of work? Paid time off for bereavement or the birth of a new one. Accrued paid time off because everyone needs a week off here and there? Got it!  Taking care of a loved one who is in their last stage of life? Do you really think big business pushed any of these as laws? No, I don't think you are this uneducated. Not at all. It's the party you hate. One guess. I'll give you a hint. It's the party that Votes against it's best interstress all of the time. Year after year.   

When I was a young man, many YEARS ago, I listened to my employers that told me how very bad unions were. Then I started asking why? The more I asked, the more they told me that they would take away from my take home pay and they would access me money from my take home pay. Which is true, they do that. What my employees didn't tell me is where I would take home a 50% plus pat increase and full benefits, see above.

LOL....more rants.  And you're wrong why Employers hate grifters.  We want producers, not....well....grifters.

Edited by Might As Well

8 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

11/24...??!!!  Dear God, let it go. It's almost January.  My post had really nothing to do with your union. It was about what I now see as your infantile belief that it got you monetary gain "for free." The fact that you are unable to hear that is unfortunate. Again, I'm glad it worked out for you. 

Employers hate unions because they cut into their bottom lone. PERIOD

On 11/25/2023 at 3:20 AM, sparkey600 said:

Sounds like you are ill informed to me. What part of better paid and all insurance and retirement paid at 100% do you not get? Just wondering?

I've been a Union member for 45 plus years. Employers have been lying to people 50 plus years. Which side of the fence are you on? Curious here? 

Every benefit is included in our salary. Every one.

I raised two kiddos with my wife 40 years at no cost, glasses, dental, health insurance. I'm going to be retiring making more money than I'm making right now. Does this sound like something that a regular employer might want for their employees? Of course YES! They love us more than money and hope for us to do better in retirement. Dude. I really like you on here, love you're posts, love how you are doing in life in general. I Absolutly HATE your take on a concept about you something you obviously have no experience with. Unions care about their members and pursuer what said membership thinks is important. Businesses try to make as much money as they can. And we wonder "why is there so much homeless" Gee, I wonder....    Nobody can live on 20 bucks an hour any more.

My comment was not intended to open up a debate about the merits of unions, only to comment on your understanding of the hydraulics of economics. To claim that your benefits came at  "no cost" to you simply cannot be true. I'm sorry if that smarts, but there is no such thing as "free." That's not a cynical view, it's the way things are.  Somewhere, someone produced your apparent gifts. I guarantee they didn't do so for free. And in some similar way, perhaps remote, indirect and unclear, you paid. 

14 hours ago, Happymon said:

My comment was not intended to open up a debate about the merits of unions, only to comment on your understanding of the hydraulics of economics. To claim that your benefits came at  "no cost" to you simply cannot be true. I'm sorry if that smarts, but there is no such thing as "free." That's not a cynical view, it's the way things are.  Somewhere, someone produced your apparent gifts. I guarantee they didn't do so for free. And in some similar way, perhaps remote, indirect and unclear, you paid. 

I get that and thanks for your comment. All of the benefits are included in the negotiated wage package. A very nice deal for our workers. No, there s no such thing as free. All of their benefit's are part of the hourly wage. 

18 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Waiting for your answer on this topic.

18 hours ago, Might As Well said:

LOL....more rants.  And you're wrong why Employers hate grifters.  We want producers, not....well....grifters.

Nice reply from someone that probably does concrete work or some other unskilled trade. The company I work for has been union over 105 years and counting.

How long have you been in business County Club? Wondering. Please answer.

19 hours ago, Might As Well said:

As usual, you won't answer, you replay Rant, rant, rant.

Makes me think you don't offer you're employees benefits. Keeping profits for your ratty ass self.

Hope you had a nice Mexican vacation. What vacation time do your employees get? Answer with something other than I'm a grifter for once.

Or rant, rant, rant.

Another hard question you will avoid. Rat.

You want cheap labor plain and simple.

Waiting for your answer on this topic.

Different day....same answer from me - I give you the amount of attention you are due.  That's it.

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Nice reply from someone that probably does concrete work or some other unskilled trade. The company I work for has been union over 105 years and counting.

How long have you been in business County Club? Wondering. Please answer.

Ill indulge you for 1 minute on this one.....You mean the Company you have been grifting from?  My Company?  Will be 15 years in August 2024 and started by me.  It's in the skilled service business and what if was in concrete or other unskilled trade?  And this should put a nice end to this thought....

Remember that net worth figure?  Nice lift near year end, so it's up another $22-24K.  You?  Nowhere near and that has nothing to do with opportunities out there.  Your lack of net worth has everything to do with you being a dimwit.  

As usual, you won't answer, you replay Rant, rant, rant.

Makes me think you don't offer you're employees benefits. Keeping profits for your ratty ass self.

Hope you had a nice Mexican vacation. What vacation time do your employees get? Answer with something other than I'm a grifter for once.

Or rant, rant, rant.

Another hard question you will avoid. Rat.

LOL....more rants.

You want cheap labor plain and simple.

We want effective performers.  You?  Grifter.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:51 AM, Might As Well said:

Ill indulge you for 1 minute on this one.....You mean the Company you have been grifting from?  My Company?  Will be 15 years in August 2024 and started by me.  It's in the skilled service business and what if was in concrete or other unskilled trade?  And this should put a nice end to this thought....

Remember that net worth figure?  Nice lift near year end, so it's up another $22-24K.  You?  Nowhere near and that has nothing to do with opportunities out there.  Your lack of net worth has everything to do with you being a dimwit.  

You see, that's where we differ. You keep trying to compare our net worth and I keep asking how you treat your employees. Nobody is more anti union than a small business owner, nobody. 105 year union contractor versus a 15 year rat contractor. This has become very laughable. Don't get me wrong, you are a very smart person and driven to build a company, I have no doubt! But to call me a grifter is such an insult. You have no idea what my work ethic's are. Not only are we a union shop, but we are an employee owned shop as well and treat our employees very well. When the company does well, we all do well. BTW, I'm getting a new 2024 company supplied truck this Wednesday, gas card, maintenance card too. In case you were wondering. My current 2018 truck is getting too old it seems for me to have any longer.

On 12/29/2023 at 7:52 AM, Might As Well said:

We want effective performers.  You?  Grifter.

Don't fool yourself. If you were union, you'd have to pay a livable wage and benefits and that'd cut in to all your money you're making. 

Small business especially lie to their employees. Unions are bad! They'll take money out of your checks! You are laughable to me now.

Unions have the best trained skilled workforce in the US. Accredited apprenticeships, college accredited courses. What do you offer? 

10 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

You see, that's where we differ. You keep trying to compare our net worth and I keep asking how you treat your employees. Nobody is more anti union than a small business owner, nobody. 105 year union contractor versus a 15 year rat contractor. This has become very laughable. Don't get me wrong, you are a very smart person and driven to build a company, I have no doubt! But to call me a grifter is such an insult. You have no idea what my work ethic's are. Not only are we a union shop, but we are an employee owned shop as well and treat our employees very well. When the company does well, we all do well. BTW, I'm getting a new 2024 company supplied truck this Wednesday, gas card, maintenance card too. In case you were wondering. My current 2018 truck is getting too old it seems for me to have any longer.

Of course I consider you a grifter!  You are in a union.

10 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Don't fool yourself. If you were union, you'd have to pay a livable wage and benefits and that'd cut in to all your money you're making. 

Small business especially lie to their employees. Unions are bad! They'll take money out of your checks! You are laughable to me now.

Unions have the best trained skilled workforce in the US. Accredited apprenticeships, college accredited courses. What do you offer? 

LOL.  Unions are filled with hangers on that wouldn't know how to properly serve a Customer if their job depended on it.  

And I can assure you, we will never hire grifters.  All are rooted out in the hiring process and if there is even a hint of union chatter going forward, they are rooted out.  It's not hard.

Edited by Might As Well

On 11/21/2023 at 2:46 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

@sparkey600 Above  what you said, and your life experience with saving for retirement is important and this is something that the ladies really need to focus on! Ladies, if this is all that they’ve done for a living “ escorting”? Sorry to say , you are gonna have a hard time  collecting,  Social Security! I u used to work in the accounting field. I did accounting up until 2019 when my eyes start to get bad.  If any, you guys are financial planners or brokers of any sort? I would love to have you step forward, speak up and share what you can to help the ladies! If you can provide service to some of these ladies to try and get them to  invest for their futures, that would be great. ❤️

When I rendezvoused with My ATF I would impress upon her the need to invest her money.

(She had a HNW clientele and was makin' around 1/4 mil a year.)

I would take Vanguard investment brochures to our rendezvous and tried to explain to her the benefits of compounding and dollar cost averaging! 

I would tell her: "Always pay yourself first!"

I recommended she invest 20% of what she makes in Vanguard Index 500!

(She must have taken my advice!)

When Covid hit ... she hung up her stilettos and returned to The Hermit Kingdom!

The last I heard she bought a McMansion in the hills overlooking Seoul!

Posted (edited)

On 4/2/2024 at 9:48 AM, TheRightStuff said:

When I rendezvoused with My ATF I would impress upon her the need to invest her money.

(She had a HNW clientele and was makin' around 1/4 mil a year.)

I would take Vanguard investment brochures to our rendezvous and tried to explain to her the benefits of compounding and dollar cost averaging! 

I would tell her: "Always pay yourself first!"

I recommended she invest 20% of what she makes in Vanguard Index 500!

(She must have taken my advice!)

When Covid hit ... she hung up her stilettos and returned to The Hermit Kingdom!

The last I heard, she bought a McMansion in the hills overlooking Seoul!

So important and I am sorry if she didn’t listen to what you said. Ladies please it is important to think about your futures. This thread became all about Unions and nothing against that. However, my point of concern is that it is vital to plan for your future (ladies). Vanguard or some other investment platform thinking would  be a great start. Money alone in a savings account won’t sustain you in your future. If anyone could   please chime in with broker programs. That would be great! My thinking is to start now planning for your future needs in life. Honestly, how long do you plan on escorting? Start working on your long-term financial goals, so that you don’t need to be broke when the time comes to stop escorting. ❤️

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

buying a big house. that is nice but after that you will need money for taxes, as well as additional needs.