sparkey600

Want a better retirement?

216 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, TML93 said:

But you do believe that every single non union US worker hates unions.  That makes sense.  UDS

US union workers 10% and growing.  Iceland 91% union and rising

LOL.  No.  I do know that if that 90% of workers wanted to become grifters, they would become grifters.  But they don't.  Actual workers are 89.8% now.  Soon to be 90%....then 90.2%...and on.

Iceland?  Who cares.  Rounding error of a nation.

Edited by Might As Well

9 minutes ago, TML93 said:

They will open again.  UDS

US union workers 10% and growing.  Iceland 91% union and rising

And we will close them by any means necessary.  Again.  And again.  And again.

Edited by Might As Well

6 hours ago, Might As Well said:

LOL.  No.  I do know that if that 90% of workers wanted to become grifters, they would become grifters.  But they don't.  Actual workers are 89.8% now.  Soon to be 90%....then 90.2%...and on.

Iceland?  Who cares.  Rounding error of a nation.

Blah blah blah. You are incorrect,  

Are you moving the goal posts now?  I thought you did not support unions in the world.  (This would include Iceland)

On 12/19/2023 at 4:05 AM, Might As Well said:

LOL.  You are correct on one thing - I don't support unions.  But just in America?  No.  Everywhere.  And almost 90% of Americans agree with me that unions are not needed.  Why?  Because almost 90% of Americans do not work in unions.  Surveys dont mean beans.  Look where people work...and it isnt in unions.

UDS

US workers 10% union and growing.  Iceland 91% union and rising

7 minutes ago, TML93 said:

Are you moving the goal posts now?  I thought you did not support unions in the world.  (This would include Iceland)

UDS

LOL. No.  Ive been clear on my views (and the almost 90% of the workers in the US) - grifters are not needed.  And of course I focus on the US vs. Iceland.  Only a complete buffoon thinks Iceland matters in this equation.  But hey....give it time.  The grifters will eventually be rooted out there as well.

On 12/21/2023 at 4:25 PM, Might As Well said:

LOL.  You make this sound like we are making statements in court along with signed affidavits. 

Yea.  I have an opinion.  One of them is you're a dope.

I'm actually relieved you think that. 

The courtroom isn't the only place where words have meaning. Sadly it's one of the few places where liars can be sometimes held accountable. 

2 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

I'm actually relieved you think that. 

The courtroom isn't the only place where words have meaning. Sadly it's one of the few places where liars can be sometimes held accountable. 

LOL.  You are the hammer of truth...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Want some truth?  Almost 90% of the US workforce is non-grifter and that stat is growing.  

4 hours ago, TML93 said:

UDS

LOL. No.  Ive been clear on my views (and the almost 90% of the workers in the US) - grifters are not needed.  And of course I focus on the US vs. Iceland.  Only a complete buffoon thinks Iceland matters in this equation.  But hey....give it time.  The grifters will eventually be rooted out there as well.

19 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Tis the season, so Ill respond to your thought on friends this way.

The guys here:  Unless you actually know them and spend time with them IRL. then they are simply avatars and posts on a board.  You may be friendly with them, but you are not friends with them and they are not friends with you.

The women here:  Unless you actually spend time with them IRL without paying money, then it is exactly what is what it sounds like - paying for a prostitute.  Nothing wrong with that and you may be friendly with them as well.  Friends don't charge friends money to spend time with them.  If you are just communicating with them via the board?  Same as with guys - you may be friendly with them, but you are not friends with them and they are not friends with you.

So what you are saying is all of the men here are John's and all of the women here are prostitutes? And the friendships that have developed do not matter?

You are making a lot of friends here. This board is deeper than a client/provider scenario. We look out for one another and care about people and our relationships unlike you. Go back a few years and you might possibly see this. Yes there is a client provider scenario, but we tend to stick to one another and try to protect one another. Am I the only only one who is repulsed by this statement?  

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

So what you are saying is all of the men here are John's and all of the women here are prostitutes? And the friendships that have developed do not matter?

You are making a lot of friends here. This board is deeper than a client/provider scenario. We look out for one another and care about people and our relationships unlike you. Go back a few years and you might possibly see this. Yes there is a client provider scenario, but we tend to stick to one another and try to protect one another. Am I the only only one who is repulsed by this statement?  

I said it as clearly and concisely.  If you want to go down a rabbit hole of "what-aboutism's" and "yea-but-thisism's" that's completely on you.  I will give you praise though - John's and prostitutes?  Yup.  Bullseye.   

20 hours ago, Might As Well said:

LOL.  You are the hammer of truth...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Pity you find truth boring and lying exciting.  

On 12/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, Might As Well said:

Okay so you know (not think or believe) that every non union worker in the US has integrity while all union workers in the US do not.  (Grifter vs. non grifter)  I don't mean to use a straw man so correct me if I am wrong but I don't know how you could possibly know that.  If your job does not have a union your are this, if your job has a union you are that.  No nuance, no exceptions.  That sounds like a buffoon way of thinking.  No way someone could be union nuetral and accepted a position for other reasons.  A union is a deal maker/breaker for all US workers? 

As far as Iceland goes, I'm sure if it was 91% non union you would say something about even in Iceland they root out grifters.  So you can dismiss anything that does not fit your narrative.  But I brought it up because you mentioned unions everywhere.  And many countries outside of the US have a very strong union presence.  So you would be waiting a very long time for all unions everywhere to dissipate.

Hear me now and believe me later, but I believe (I won't say know because I don't presume like you) that depending on who wins the election in November 2024 the pecentage of union workers in the US will increase.  I'm not putting a number on it. (like you would)  If it does not increase in three years you can quote this and I will eat crow. 

But unless someone brings something new to the table I am done with this thread. I'm bored with it and it is mundane and repetative at this point.  It's an interesting topic but only with someone who would actually contribute something interesting to the conversation.

One last thing, when you type LOL are you really laughing out loud?  I know that the connotation is that what I posted is so ridiculous that you bursted out laughing.  But I can't help but imagine Louis Skolnick typing on his computer when I see you post that.

UDS

On 12/23/2023 at 9:53 AM, Might As Well said:

And we will close them by any means necessary.  Again.  And again.  And again.

You really enjoy circular aruments don't you.  I envision when you were a kid you had an arument that went like this:

"You are"

"No you are"

And this went on for hours.  I guess I will need to play my trump card.  The stores will re-open x Infinity.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this thread, why you keep it going.

On 12/6/2023 at 4:42 AM, Might As Well said:

LOL.  Calling out to the Mods like you do to your shop steward when you don't like what you see?  

@sparkey600 tried to end it weeks ago, but you wanted to keep it going with your snarky comment.

On 12/16/2023 at 5:57 PM, Might As Well said:

Fair thought on opinions, but notice this - Im not the one driving the thread.  I only respond to the thread.  

But we are responding to your response so it's kind of a chicken egg thing.  You don't need to respond, but you must have the last word don't you? And that response is usually just the same thing. Imagine this is the last post on this thread.  The thought is gnawing at you isn't it.  Well you can have the last word, you "win".

37 minutes ago, TML93 said:

Okay so you know (not think or believe) that every non union worker in the US has integrity while all union workers in the US do not.  (Grifter vs. non grifter)  I don't mean to use a straw man so correct me if I am wrong but I don't know how you could possibly know that.  If your job does not have a union your are this, if your job has a union you are that.  No nuance, no exceptions.  That sounds like a buffoon way of thinking.  No way someone could be union nuetral and accepted a position for other reasons.  A union is a deal maker/breaker for all US workers? 

As far as Iceland goes, I'm sure if it was 91% non union you would say something about even in Iceland they root out grifters.  So you can dismiss anything that does not fit your narrative.  But I brought it up because you mentioned unions everywhere.  And many countries outside of the US have a very strong union presence.  So you would be waiting a very long time for all unions everywhere to dissipate.

Hear me now and believe me later, but I believe (I won't say know because I don't presume like you) that depending on who wins the election in November 2024 the pecentage of union workers in the US will increase.  I'm not putting a number on it. (like you would)  If it does not increase in three years you can quote this and I will eat crow. 

But unless someone brings something new to the table I am done with this thread. I'm bored with it and it is mundane and repetative at this point.  It's an interesting topic but only with someone who would actually contribute something interesting to the conversation.

One last thing, when you type LOL are you really laughing out loud?  I know that the connotation is that what I posted is so ridiculous that you bursted out laughing.  But I can't help but imagine Louis Skolnick typing on his computer when I see you post that.

UDS

LOL.  No.

18 minutes ago, TML93 said:

You really enjoy circular aruments don't you.  I envision when you were a kid you had an arument that went like this:

"You are"

"No you are"

And this went on for hours.  I guess I will need to play my trump card.  The stores will re-open x Infinity.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this thread, why you keep it going.

@sparkey600 tried to end it weeks ago, but you wanted to keep it going with your snarky comment.

But we are responding to your response so it's kind of a chicken egg thing.  You don't need to respond, but you must have the last word don't you? And that response is usually just the same thing. Imagine this is the last post on this thread.  The thought is gnawing at you isn't it.  Well you can have the last word, you "win".

Here's another concise response to your blather....No.

All I want for Christmas is for this thread to die.

58 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Hahaha...it's taken on a life of its own.

How about this?  All @sparkey600 has to do is respond with a simple 3 word response - I am done - and the thread will end.  Does that mean he's done being a grifter?  Nope.  A John?  Nope.  A general dimwit?  Nope.  He gets the satisfaction of the final word (actually 3) and it ends.

If he responds with anything other than "I am done" or others respond after that?  Whelp...there's more to come.

Edited by Might As Well

4 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

Pity you find truth boring and lying exciting.  

Just another troll.

2 hours ago, Might As Well said:

How about this?  All @sparkey600 has to do is respond with a simple 3 word response - I am done - and the thread will end.  Does that mean he's done being a grifter?  Nope.  A John?  Nope.  A general dimwit?  Nope.  He gets the satisfaction of the final word (actually 3) and it ends.

If he responds with anything other than "I am done" or others respond after that?  Whelp...there's more to come.

You wish it was this simple. Everyone here can see you are another Troll. Your reputation is shot. Nice try Country Club. The membership here is noticing your true sentiments. Bad ones at that.  I will be done when you are banned. And that will be soon I'm thinking. Trolls like think they know everything, like you and get banned.

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

And yet you do nothing about our recent troll. Nice, thanks for that.

4 hours ago, Might As Well said:

LOL.  No.

This is where you are wrong. Union membership in the US is growing. People want a say in what happens in their jobs, and this scares the shit out of rat employers like you. It cuts into your profits. You have to share and you don't like to share.  You don't like that at all. Most European countries have a better cost of living versus us in the US. Access to affordable health insurance, a good retirement.  Why? 90% of them belong to a Union. Here in the US 10 to 15% Union. And everyone here bitches about not being able to afford retirement. Me? been in the Union for 30 plus years. I'm going to be happy and FAT in retirement. Good for me. YAY! I made the right choice despite what many employers told me to "be careful of" or, no they will fuck you over. Employers have one thing in mind. Making as much money as they can. Think about that. Making as much money as they can. Paying their employees less because obviously they can do that without a collective bargaining  agreement. Bottom line, you you don't give a rat's ass about your employees. And they are uneducated and don't know any better. 

You will respond with "this is too long and I didn't read it or some other BS. I'm sure.

Piss off. You steal from your employees.

10 hours ago, Might As Well said:

who died and made you a mod?

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

And yet you do nothing about our recent troll. Nice, thanks for that.

What precisely would you have me do, Sparkey?  I already clearly stated my opinion on the topic twice - pretty much same side of argument as you.  It was like water off a duck with no response from ..... pretty much anyone.  Your protagonist here is like talking to a Coke machine only without the possibility of getting a Coke. I prefer to go get a Coke to wasting time with him.  What would you have me do - zap him with space lasers or invoke the force and choke him from afar?  Alas, I cannot.  If I could the world would be a much different place lol.  Ignore him and like a foul smell it will go away.  Merry Christmas, Sparkey.

14 hours ago, gr8owl said:

What precisely would you have me do, Sparkey?  I already clearly stated my opinion on the topic twice - pretty much same side of argument as you.  It was like water off a duck with no response from ..... pretty much anyone.  Your protagonist here is like talking to a Coke machine only without the possibility of getting a Coke. I prefer to go get a Coke to wasting time with him.  What would you have me do - zap him with space lasers or invoke the force and choke him from afar?  Alas, I cannot.  If I could the world would be a much different place lol.  Ignore him and like a foul smell it will go away.  Merry Christmas, Sparkey.

HAHA! That's funny bud. I get that. Hmmm...You don't have space lasers yet? Sorry for being cross with you. It was mis emplaced. Thanks for all you do on here. I really appreciate your opinion on things in general. I hope you and your family had a good Christmas!  Much respect. One question, are you POSITIVE you can't choke him afar? Just asking, I won't hold you to anything, I promise!

On 12/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, Might As Well said:

Here's another concise response to your blather....No.

Again, asked a hard question and you hide.

15 hours ago, gr8owl said:

HAHA! That's funny bud. I get that. Hmmm...You don't have space lasers yet? Sorry for being cross with you. It was mis emplaced. Thanks for all you do on here. I really appreciate your opinion on things in general. I hope you and your family had a good Christmas!  Much respect. One question, are you POSITIVE you can't choke him afar? Just asking, I won't hold you to anything, I promise!

On 12/24/2023 at 7:39 PM, Might As Well said:

LOL.  No.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Might As Well said:

I'm wondering how you would actually answer this? But you have no response and hide, like usual when a hard question is asked of you. Other countries have higher Union rates and have a higher standard of living for their people. Your response to this is...We've already talked about this!  Or "this was covered on one of my previous posts" Point is NO it was not! EVER!  We're all waiting on your reply! I bet it's going to be something like "Business' wants all the money" or possibly " I own my own business and I like paying my people as little as I can"

I bet you reply with some BS statement like "We've covered this already" That seems to be you're MO like every other liar in history. Or possibly I sent too long of a response.

My people make about 77 bucks an hour all in. Heath insurance, Vision insurance, 401k and Union pension. Between the Union pension and their 401k, all will be happy and fat in retirement for sure! Good for them! You and I seem to disagree on this topic.

Please tell me what your people make per hour, I'm very interested to know. I bet you bow out but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt once more.

Nope I'm not done, but you might be.

Answer my questions about pay and benefits you provide your employees. I can dumb this down if you can't respond to it.

On 12/24/2023 at 11:25 PM, sparkey600 said:

You wish it was this simple. Everyone here can see you are another Troll. Your reputation is shot. Nice try Country Club. The membership here is noticing your true sentiments. Bad ones at that.  I will be done when you are banned. And that will be soon I'm thinking. Trolls like think they know everything, like you and get banned.

It WAS that simple.  Since you could not do that simple thing?  As promised...onward.

On 12/25/2023 at 0:25 AM, sparkey600 said:

This is where you are wrong. Union membership in the US is growing. People want a say in what happens in their jobs, and this scares the shit out of rat employers like you. It cuts into your profits. You have to share and you don't like to share.  You don't like that at all. Most European countries have a better cost of living versus us in the US. Access to affordable health insurance, a good retirement.  Why? 90% of them belong to a Union. Here in the US 10 to 15% Union. And everyone here bitches about not being able to afford retirement. Me? been in the Union for 30 plus years. I'm going to be happy and FAT in retirement. Good for me. YAY! I made the right choice despite what many employers told me to "be careful of" or, no they will fuck you over. Employers have one thing in mind. Making as much money as they can. Think about that. Making as much money as they can. Paying their employees less because obviously they can do that without a collective bargaining  agreement. Bottom line, you you don't give a rat's ass about your employees. And they are uneducated and don't know any better. 

You will respond with "this is too long and I didn't read it or some other BS. I'm sure.

Piss off. You steal from your employees.

As usual....another all over the place rant.

21 hours ago, gr8owl said:

who died and made you a mod?

It was a straightforward offer.  OF course....a dimwit grifter could not simply do it, soooooo.  Here we are.

21 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Tsk tsk...threats of violence?