sparkey600

Want a better retirement?

216 posts in this topic

You seem to know everything. I bet you think you do, and are in love with sound of your voice, and you seem to have all of the answers. You have 37 posts here and most of them have been attacking me for some reason. I wish you well. Because you will need it. I'm sure you are making a lot of friends on here with your hatred of me. Country Club, you have a lot to learn about people and their opinions and about how you conduct yourself. So far you have missed the point about what this board is. It's about friendship and building relationships .Helping people that need it and offering advice when it's asked. Your attitude is lacking to say the least. I'm growing very tired of you. You make me weary of bantering back and forth with you like no other.  You like to point out that Unions are losing membership with glee! When I think the opposite and think people are losing out on making a better life for themselves and their families. Taking home a good wage despite rich dicks like you (as you claim) who couldn't give a rat's ass about them as long as you're pockets get filled. HEY, I KNOW! Let's EVERYONE GIVE ALL THE MONEY TO PEOPLE LIKE COUNTRY CLUB! He will take care of all of us! He has our best interests in mind YAY!! I ask you again, because you didn't reply, what is the business you are in? I'm curious  to know....In  what way do you exploit your workers? Do you offer retirement? Health insurance? Paid time off for vacation, 401K benefits? Dental? Vision benefits? Maternity leave? Sick days? Holiday  pay? Personal day's off? If someone has to go see the Doc or the chiropractor?   What do you do that has a positive effect to your employees? Nothing I'm guessing. Just another rich dude preying on people and taking advantage of the uneducated.  This is where you and I disagree. You want all the money. I want to share it with our workers. Unions have been fighting with employers like you for decades. Shame on you, waiting on your answer. And answer all of my questions for once.

I bet you ignore me again and will skate over my questions because that's how you roll.

6 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

You seem to know everything. I bet you think you do, and are in love with sound of your voice, and you seem to have all of the answers. You have 37 posts here and most of them have been attacking me for some reason. I wish you well. Because you will need it. I'm sure you are making a lot of friends on here with your hatred of me. Country Club, you have a lot to learn about people and their opinions and about how you conduct yourself. So far you have missed the point about what this board is. It's about friendship and building relationships .Helping people that need it and offering advice when it's asked. Your attitude is lacking to say the least. I'm growing very tired of you. You make me weary of bantering back and forth with you like no other.  You like to point out that Unions are losing membership with glee! When I think the opposite and think people are losing out on making a better life for themselves and their families. Taking home a good wage despite rich dicks like you (as you claim) who couldn't give a rat's ass about them as long as you're pockets get filled. HEY, I KNOW! Let's EVERYONE GIVE ALL THE MONEY TO PEOPLE LIKE COUNTRY CLUB! He will take care of all of us! He has our best interests in mind YAY!! I ask you again, because you didn't reply, what is the business you are in? I'm curious  to know....In  what way do you exploit your workers? Do you offer retirement? Health insurance? Paid time off for vacation, 401K benefits? Dental? Vision benefits? Maternity leave? Sick days? Holiday  pay? Personal day's off? If someone has to go see the Doc or the chiropractor?   What do you do that has a positive effect to your employees? Nothing I'm guessing. Just another rich dude preying on people and taking advantage of the uneducated.  This is where you and I disagree. You want all the money. I want to share it with our workers. Unions have been fighting with employers like you for decades. Shame on you, waiting on your answer. And answer all of my questions for once.

I bet you ignore me again and will skate over my questions because that's how you roll.

LOL.  Brevity.  Worth working on.

On 12/10/2023 at 6:38 AM, Might As Well said:

LOL.  Brevity.  Worth working on.

Like I said, you ignored my questions. You are afraid to tell everyone you own some rat contracting business. And don't care about your employees wages or their well being. My educated guess. Enjoy your money at the expense of your workers, hope you sleep well at night. Of course you do, you care about nothing but yourself. People like you tell your employees Unions are BAD because Unions take off from your bottom line. But you lie about working dues and the such, this has been going on for years with people like you. And the uneducated actually believe you on this.

16 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Like I said, you ignored my questions. You are afraid to tell everyone you own some rat contracting business. And don't care about your employees wages or their well being. My educated guess. Enjoy your money at the expense of your workers, hope you sleep well at night. Of course you do, you care about nothing but yourself. People like you tell your employees Unions are BAD because Unions take off from your bottom line. But you lie about working dues and the such, this has been going on for years with people like you. And the uneducated actually believe you on this.

LOL.  Aren't you the same person who wanted this thread to die?  Of course I ignored your latest rant. We've covered this over and over.

Good news though.  It's not just me, but almost 90% of the US workforce agrees with me.  Unions are going buh-bye.

23 minutes ago, Might As Well said:

LOL.  Aren't you the same person who wanted this thread to die?  Of course I ignored your latest rant. We've covered this over and over.

Good news though.  It's not just me, but almost 90% of the US workforce agrees with me.  Unions are going buh-bye.

I wasn't going to reply to this because I want this thread to die already.  But you keep conflating how many people are in a union in the US and how many people want to be in a union.  48% of Americans said they would join a union if they could.

A growing number of Americans want to join a union | PBS NewsHour

And another survey shows that 58-61% of Americans believe that the declining number of union workers is not a good thing.

58% of U.S. adults see union membership decline as bad for U.S.| Pew Research Center

So much of the US workforce does not agree with you. One (of many) of the reasons union jobs are declining is because many Union jobs in manufacturing have gone overseas.  So when you root for the decline of Unions in America, in a way you are rooting for more jobs to go overseas.

I think Starbucks and Amazon going union (Two place I never thought would) shows that there is still a desire for Unions in America.  I don't think they will ever go away all together.  But I think we should agree to diagree on this, you are not going to change any pro-union people here.  And nobody is going to change your mind.

For the record I have mixed feelings on Unions, but I don't think they are evil and need to be eliminated completely.

7 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Nope. They are gaining strength. Look at what the UAW just did.

Problem is dicks like you lie to your employees and they believe you. Republicans love the uneducated for this very reason.

5 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

Nope. They are gaining strength. Look at what the UAW just did.

Problem is dicks like you lie to your employees and they believe you. Republicans love the uneducated for this very reason.

Kudos (look up what that means) for brevity.  A few grifters at Ford?  The worst cars on the road?  Meh.  No wonder people keep buying Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Subaru.  Fact is, almost 90% of the US workforce - and growing - is non-union.

12 hours ago, TML93 said:

I wasn't going to reply to this because I want this thread to die already.  But you keep conflating how many people are in a union in the US and how many people want to be in a union.  48% of Americans said they would join a union if they could.

And another survey shows that 58-61% of Americans believe that the declining number of union workers is not a good thing.

58% of U.S. adults see union membership decline as bad for U.S.| Pew Research Center

So much of the US workforce does not agree with you. One (of many) of the reasons union jobs are declining is because many Union jobs in manufacturing have gone overseas.  So when you root for the decline of Unions in America, in a way you are rooting for more jobs to go overseas.

I think Starbucks and Amazon going union (Two place I never thought would) shows that there is still a desire for Unions in America.  I don't think they will ever go away all together.  But I think we should agree to diagree on this, you are not going to change any pro-union people here.  And nobody is going to change your mind.

For the record I have mixed feelings on Unions, but I don't think they are evil and need to be eliminated completely.

Fair point on the surveys of the "hopes, wants and desires" of some sample size surveys.  Fact is, people vote with their feet and actions.  And those actions are showing handily that almost 90% of the US workforce is not union. That's not a small figure.

Amazon and Starbucks?  Easy to break that - especially on the Starbucks side.  "Unfortunately, due to ever declining sales and profit at Store 1234 (the union shop) this location is closing its doors on Month/Day/Year.  We wish all associates well in their future endeavors." - Soon to be issued press release.

You say Americans are hurting and I agree with you on that point. Americans are hurting because Union membership is declining. Big business exports US jobs overseas and there is NO push back. Why? Because Unions are are discredited by every non union business owner in America because they want to Maximize profits over worker's life rights..

About 380 of Starbucks’ roughly 10,000 stores in the United States have voted to join unions. Eleven Starbucks locations in Colorado have voted to unionize so far. Meanwhile, the company faces dozens of complaints to the labor relations board about alleged union-busting tactics. 

Starbucks has denied all wrongdoing and says it respects workers’ right to organize. 

Store closures are the outcome of regular business reviews and are done

They don't care about their workers and you do not as well.

7 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

You say Americans are hurting and I agree with you on that point. Americans are hurting because Union membership is declining. Big business exports US jobs overseas and there is NO push back. Why? Because Unions are are discredited by every non union business owner in America because they want to Maximize profits over worker's life rights..

About 380 of Starbucks’ roughly 10,000 stores in the United States have voted to join unions. Eleven Starbucks locations in Colorado have voted to unionize so far. Meanwhile, the company faces dozens of complaints to the labor relations board about alleged union-busting tactics. 

Starbucks has denied all wrongdoing and says it respects workers’ right to organize. 

Of course I care about workers.  Leaches?  Grifters? Nope.  Could care less.

Good news here!  

https://www.reuters.com/business/starbucks-closed-23-us-stores-deter-unionizing-agency-claims-2023-12-14/

Over 96% of their workforce are actually workers.  Once they close out a few hundred more stores and root out the problem from the other stores, they'll be back to a 100% normal company.

Want a union?  Go start a company with your own money and be sure to unionize it.

On 12/14/2023 at 4:54 PM, TML93 said:

Fair point on the surveys of the "hopes, wants and desires" of some sample size surveys.  Fact is, people vote with their feet and actions.  And those actions are showing handily that almost 90% of the US workforce is not union. That's not a small figure.

Amazon and Starbucks?  Easy to break that - especially on the Starbucks side.  "Unfortunately, due to ever declining sales and profit at Store 1234 (the union shop) this location is closing its doors on Month/Day/Year.  We wish all associates well in their future endeavors." - Soon to be issued press release.

On 12/15/2023 at 5:10 AM, Might As Well said:

Amazon and Starbucks?  Easy to break that - especially on the Starbucks side.  

Easy to break, huh?

Is that why the NLRB has rules that when Starbucks closed a store right after it unionized, the closure was ILLEGAL, the store had to re-open and all workers had to be paid back wages?

We all know your opinion about unions. We all know about Sparky’s opinions on unions.

How about you stop posting about unions and just respect Sparky’s option just like he will respect your opinion?

Or better still, how about we all acknowledge that everyone has an opinion and even though it disagrees with our own opinion, they have right to their opinion and they should be respected.

Edited by ilovewomen
Spelling

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Easy to break, huh?

Is that why the NLRB has rules that when Starbucks closed a store right after it unionized, the closure was ILLEGAL, the store had to re-open and all workers had to be paid back wages?

We all know your opinion about unions. We all know about Sparky’s opinions on unions.

How about you stop posting about unions and just respect Sparky’s option just like he will respect your opinion?

Or better still, how about we all acknowledge that everyone has an opinion and even though it disagrees with our own opinion, they have right to their opinion and they should be respected.

Very easy to break.  They will find a way to close that location again and since the grifters have outed themselves, its very easy to move forward with another round of lay offs or other reason.  Happens all the time.  "Unfortunately Store 1234 (the union shop) will be closed for 30 days in order to bring it back up to cleanliness standards.  We appreciate your patronage." - Future sign on the store door

Fair thought on opinions, but notice this - Im not the one driving the thread.  I only respond to the thread.  

2 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Fair thought on opinions, but notice this - Im not the one driving the thread.  I only respond to the thread.  

Nahhh, you’re being a troll.

5 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Very easy to break.  They will find a way to close that location again and since the grifters have outed themselves, its very easy to move forward with another round of lay offs or other reason.  Happens all the time.  "Unfortunately Store 1234 (the union shop) will be closed for 30 days in order to bring it back up to cleanliness standards.  We appreciate your patronage." - Future sign on the store door

You are a  troll indeed ..Asking for the FOURTH time, what line of business you are in? You know so much about taking care of your workers so you say. People like you know one thing, taking care of yourself over the workers that are making you rich. Shame on you! I and my company employ several thousand Union workers, (4600 plus) in 50 States and 6 foreign countries. All of our customers love us for delivering projects on time and under budget. Can you say this? Probably not. And you had the audacity of calling me a "Union Slug" in one of your earlier posts. Shows what a simpleton you actually are. And you also however out of your league with my level of Project Management and taking care of our customers and their needs and wants I think you lack a basic level of Project Manager skills.  However, I digress..

If what you say is true, your  Lises about Unions. Why would you be so afraid of them joining a Union? Your employees would be making extra money and benefits, have a good retirement as well... Seems like you are another liar. You lie to your employees and they are dumb enough to believe you. Or like Trump said "I love the uneducated" People have been voting against their best interests because of people like you  "Don't join a Union, they will collect Union dues" But you won't tell them that their average take home pay will increase by an average of 35% Hey, if you are bored, google what the people in Denmark and Norway are doing to that Union hating dick Elon Schmoke! I bet the two of you have a lot in common. Both Union hating people! Fuck workers, I want all the money!

Sad to say America had solidarity like this, although you'd have to back in the 50's .....And that's where the Union busting assholes like you started your anti Union rhetoric.....You said they will find a way to close the location for going Union. You and people like you are the reason things are so fucked up in this country. Why people can't afford to live. People deserve to make a decent living for working for their employers. You don't get this. And you never will. I get 100% that people have a right to love, a right to live life and not to be to debit their entire life. You, disagree withe me on all accounts.  Mt company it 100% Union  and we pay a average 0f 75k per year our college graduates  in excess of 75k per year, do you you do that? What kind of business do you operate? Asking once more in case you didn't see my other 5 requests. Not telling again? Of course not. Rat contractor. You take advantage of your employees while telling them Unions are bad. All because you love the uneducated and you love your profit over your hard working workers.

Why would "they" choose your business over their family because your employees want a better life. I'm waiting for your explanation. Thanks in advance "Country Club" God you are so shallow. 

Another RAT Company that want's to not pay their employees a livable wage and set themselves as another other " Hey look at ME! I'm making 130k a year and you can all SUCK IT!" Sorry you did not join a proper Union. Our hourly employee compensation averages about 120K per year. Sorry you for that. Kinda takes the winds outta you sails, huh? However, We are a SKILED Trade Union, not so much the work you do.

Once much more...Pay attention here......I LOVE the people that work for me and our Company . I hold them in the highest esteem. I know their sons and daughters', their family and their in law's. All are family to our Company, and we appreciate all of our loved ones. Not like you from what you've presented on this board so for. All you seem to say is how you hate Unions. And how you fail to suggest to say how much Unions make the average worker get a better living wage.

8 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Nahhh, you’re being a troll.

Short answer?  No.

Long answer?  No I am not.

Edited by Might As Well

3 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

You are a  troll indeed ..Asking for the FOURTH time, what line of business you are in? You know so much about taking care of your workers so you say. People like you know one thing, taking care of yourself over the workers that are making you rich. Shame on you! I and my company employ several thousand Union workers, (4600 plus) in 50 States and 6 foreign countries. All of our customers love us for delivering projects on time and under budget. Can you say this? Probably not. And you had the audacity of calling me a "Union Slug" in one of your earlier posts. Shows what a simpleton you actually are. And you also however out of your league with my level of Project Management and taking care of our customers and their needs and wants I think you lack a basic level of Project Manager skills.  However, I digress..

If what you say is true, your  Lises about Unions. Why would you be so afraid of them joining a Union? Your employees would be making extra money and benefits, have a good retirement as well... Seems like you are another liar. You lie to your employees and they are dumb enough to believe you. Or like Trump said "I love the uneducated" People have been voting against their best interests because of people like you  "Don't join a Union, they will collect Union dues" But you won't tell them that their average take home pay will increase by an average of 35% Hey, if you are bored, google what the people in Denmark and Norway are doing to that Union hating dick Elon Schmoke! I bet the two of you have a lot in common. Both Union hating people! Fuck workers, I want all the money!

Sad to say America had solidarity like this, although you'd have to back in the 50's .....And that's where the Union busting assholes like you started your anti Union rhetoric.....You said they will find a way to close the location for going Union. You and people like you are the reason things are so fucked up in this country. Why people can't afford to live. People deserve to make a decent living for working for their employers. You don't get this. And you never will. I get 100% that people have a right to love, a right to live life and not to be to debit their entire life. You, disagree withe me on all accounts.  Mt company it 100% Union  and we pay a average 0f 75k per year our college graduates  in excess of 75k per year, do you you do that? What kind of business do you operate? Asking once more in case you didn't see my other 5 requests. Not telling again? Of course not. Rat contractor. You take advantage of your employees while telling them Unions are bad. All because you love the uneducated and you love your profit over your hard working workers.

Why would "they" choose your business over their family because your employees want a better life. I'm waiting for your explanation. Thanks in advance "Country Club" God you are so shallow. 

Another RAT Company that want's to not pay their employees a livable wage and set themselves as another other " Hey look at ME! I'm making 130k a year and you can all SUCK IT!" Sorry you did not join a proper Union. Our hourly employee compensation averages about 120K per year. Sorry you for that. Kinda takes the winds outta you sails, huh? However, We are a SKILED Trade Union, not so much the work you do.

Once much more...Pay attention here......I LOVE the people that work for me and our Company . I hold them in the highest esteem. I know their sons and daughters', their family and their in law's. All are family to our Company, and we appreciate all of our loved ones. Not like you from what you've presented on this board so for. All you seem to say is how you hate Unions. And how you fail to suggest to say how much Unions make the average worker get a better living wage.

LOL.  A 6 paragraph rant.

And no.  Im not going to dignify you by answering your ridiculous questions or debate your assertions.  Fact is, that almost 90% of the US workforce agrees with me - unions are not acceptable.  So think on that.  Everywhere you go in the country, 9 out of 10 people are not grifters or leaches.

3 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Short answer?  No.

Long answer?  No I am not.

You are out trolling our resident troll.

Do you know why I’m saying you’re being a troll? You can’t accept the fact and respect Sparky’s support and preference for unions in the workplace.

His opinion is different from you.

Just accept it.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

You are out trolling our resident troll.

Do you know why I’m saying you’re being a troll? You can’t accept the fact and respect Sparky’s support and preference for unions in the workplace.

His opinion is different from you.

Just accept it.

No.  And I do accept that Sparkey has an 1880's view of the workplace.  He rants.  I bring reason and just the way things are.

And again...Im not the one driving this thread.  Im happy to let it die, but ya know....people keep weighing in, so responses continue to be warranted.

And no.  Im not going to dignify you by answering your ridiculous questions or debate your assertions.  Fact is, that almost 90% of the US workforce agrees with me - unions are not acceptable.  So think on that.  Everywhere you go in the country, 9 out of 10 people are not grifters or leaches.

17 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Of course you won't, I didn't expect you would. My questions were spot on. And if you answered any of them you would have incriminated yourself so yeah, I get why you declined to answer them. People like you tend to hide when asked hard questions like these and for good reasons. You are fucking you're employees to line your pocket. Whatever, you have no assortations about what's good or bad, And that's where you're chip fall's off the cracker. You know what I'm saying.  I hope you have a good evening. And your family is safe and well. Again saying. We as a country were better off when we had a strong Union membership.

Talk of incriminating myself @sparkey600 and some blah blah blah about well wishes?  LOL.  Look...most of your questions have been answered long ago and the rest are simply a waste of time.  And the well wishes?  Please.  Both of us could care less about each other.  Be honest about that and save your drivel for someone who cares.

Edited by Might As Well

On 12/15/2023 at 5:03 AM, Might As Well said:

Ford?  The worst cars on the road?  ....   No wonder people keep buying Toyota, Honda, Hyundai and Subaru.  

What data do you base this upon? Everything I find from reputable  sources points to Ford being nowhere close to the worst/least reliable cars on the road. Nor do I find their sales getting crushed by the competition.

Edited by oldguy47

17 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Talk of incriminating myself @sparkey600 and some blah blah blah about well wishes?  LOL.  Look...most of your questions have been answered long ago and the rest are simply a waste of time.  And the well wishes?  Please.  Both of us could care less about each other.  Be honest about that and save your drivel for someone who cares.

I'm done with you. Asked a few hard questions you hide and don't answer. A rat plain and simple. Yes, I was trying to be polite when I wished your family and you were safe and well. And I meant it, despite our disagreements. Some of us have honor and family values. You seem to lack that and saw it as some kind of attack. You have a lot to learn about character in general.

2 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

What data do you base this upon? Everything I find from reputable  sources points to Ford being nowhere close to the worst/least reliable cars on the road. Nor do I find their sales getting crushed by the competition.

He's a rat and seems to hate anything made in America by Union labor. Ford included. Nothing more, nothing less.

7 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

Consider using your google machine and plug in search terms like "Ford Reliability Ratings"..."Most Cars Sold in the World"...etc.  Ford.  Fix.  Or.  Repair.  Daily.

Union shop.  

4 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

I'm done with you. Asked a few hard questions you hide and don't answer. A rat plain and simple. Yes, I was trying to be polite when I wished your family and you were safe and well. And I meant it, despite our disagreements. Some of us have honor and family values. You seem to lack that and saw it as some kind of attack. You have a lot to learn about character in general.

Done?  No.  You're not.

Hard questions?  No.  You asked - and repeatedly BTW - questions that an 8th grader could put together.  The rest?  LOL.  I dont take you as an attack.  You are beneath me, but it is interesting to see you get enraged.  Deny that?  Go back and see your long winded rants.

Time for you to whimper to the Mods about ending this string....again?

4 hours ago, sparkey600 said:

He's a rat and seems to hate anything made in America by Union labor. Ford included. Nothing more, nothing less.

LOL.  You are correct on one thing - I don't support unions.  But just in America?  No.  Everywhere.  And almost 90% of Americans agree with me that unions are not needed.  Why?  Because almost 90% of Americans do not work in unions.  Surveys dont mean beans.  Look where people work...and it isnt in unions.

8 hours ago, Might As Well said:

Consider using your google machine and plug in search terms like "Ford Reliability Ratings"..."Most Cars Sold in the World"...etc.  Ford.  Fix.  Or.  Repair.  Daily.

Union shop.  

As I wrote, reputable sources show that Ford does not make "the worst cars on the road" as you claim. If the best you can do is quote an old joke about what FORD stands for then you may as well move on because that is a losing strategy.

2 hours ago, oldguy47 said:

As I wrote, reputable sources show that Ford does not make "the worst cars on the road" as you claim. If the best you can do is quote an old joke about what FORD stands for then you may as well move on because that is a losing strategy.

Sure...Ill indulge you for a second.  Consumer Reports.  18th out of 24 brands.  Why?  Union shop.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/ford-ranked-18th-in-2022-consumer-reports-reliability-survey/

1 hour ago, Might As Well said:

Sure...Ill indulge you for a second.  Consumer Reports.  18th out of 24 brands.  Why?  Union shop.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/11/ford-ranked-18th-in-2022-consumer-reports-reliability-survey/

In other words, Ford does not make "the worst cars on the road" as you claimed. Thanks for confirming your statement was untrue. 

Well, some "bad" car models can be found in all makes.  I happen to be fond of Fords.  Here are pics of my 1967 Mustang and 1969 Bronco...still lighting up the occasional Chevy here and there (not Corvettes)...

MUSTANG.JPG

Bronco Front.jpg