fortysomething

Day Rental Hotel Rooms

44 posts in this topic

I remember once years ago I was traveling and I was checking into my hotel.  I informed the woman at the front desk that I had a reservation.  She asked me for my name.  When I told her my name (I have a very common first and last name.  On the level of John Doe) she looked at me and said, "We don't have hourly rates sir."  I informed her my reservation was for the weekend.

UPDATE. Yes, this is an extremely viable option for anyone wanting a hotel room for daytime use. Tried it out recently and plan to use it again soon. Dayuse.com is the site I use. 

Interesting DayUse website. Looking at the website, at first glance It only seems to serve five major cities, but when I hypothetically typed "Denver" for an arbitrary day, it list6ed six options.

55 minutes ago, sweetmoment said:

Interesting DayUse website. Looking at the website, at first glance It only seems to serve five major cities, but when I hypothetically typed "Denver" for an arbitrary day, it list6ed six options.

Five options in Colorado Springs.

On 9/18/2023 at 7:59 PM, Western ~P said:

Is that place still there!? Yikes!

That place was "YIKES!" 30 years ago! 🤣😂

On 10/12/2023 at 2:31 PM, TML93 said:

I remember once years ago I was traveling and I was checking into my hotel.  I informed the woman at the front desk that I had a reservation.  She asked me for my name.  When I told her my name (I have a very common first and last name.  On the level of John Doe) she looked at me and said, "We don't have hourly rates sir."  I informed her my reservation was for the weekend.

I've worked off&on in the hospitality industry for years , and if ANY of my front desk staff made such a rude comment , I would definitely want to know about it,  as her manager!  Then fire her sorry ass IMMEDIATELY!! 

On 9/21/2023 at 11:21 AM, kiltman19 said:

Same, but admittingly I don't book a lot of hotel rooms.
Is it the distinction that you have more open hours of booking and not the standard in after 3pm and out by 11am type of deal?

Any reputable, classy hotel will allow early check ins if they have rooms available at no extra charge. For late checkouts they may have a surcharge beyond a certain time. 

On 10/6/2023 at 3:56 PM, Admiral C said:

This has been rather common forever in major metro cities like NYC, Chicago,L.A. etc.........frequently used for sex and generally looked at as flop houses.

Made me laugh! 🤣 Special for us! And it might be an incentives?! Let’s rent a room at the flop house!!! 😂😂

I use Dayuse for all my appointments before 4 pm. Never had an issue with discretion as I rotate through several in Denver and try to be as under the radar as possible. Denver has a nice range of options from boutique stays like The Halcyon in Cherry Creek to more budget friendly like Hampton Inn. 

I'd be happy to chat with anyone about what's really the best deal, imo.  solved my main scheduling problem completely!    msg or text thx!!   ~ LL 🌕

On 9/18/2023 at 7:59 PM, Western ~P said:

Is that place still there!? Yikes!

Last time I was at the Mon Chalet it was last February. The toilet chain came off and I did a little repair. Yes, that place is still in business @Western ~P 😁 not my favorite choice! 

Day rental of hotel rooms is fairly common now, especially for business purposes - especially in downtown and urban areas. I've booked day use for both business and personal, and honestly the hotel staff could care less and would not even inquire about the purpose of you wanting a day rate. There are two main sites in Denver - dayuse.com and hotelsbyday.com. There isn't a large selection of hotels, but they are name brand hotels.

Another option is to go to the Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, or Choice hotels websites and select a day use option (if available) when you go to book; you can also call the hotel directly and ask if they offer a day rate...many do despite not being advertised.

A third option that I've found that works quite often is joining the rewards program for large chain hotels like Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors, and then just booking a room like you normally would. Check-in is usually 3pm and then you can request a late check-out - which is usually free if you are a member of that hotel's rewards program. So essentially you are getting the room for nearly 24 hours.

Another hint - try to find a place that has online check-in with a mobile key option. That way, you can check in remotely and get your room key on the app without having to go to the front desk. This is great for when you want to use the room between early morning hours and say noon or later with a late checkout without having to worry about checking in the day before, and also not worry about your room being canceled because you didn't show up before 10pm.

Hourly hotels don't make sense to me...they are usually janky places, and I would not want to meet a date there anyway. Have some class, right?!

I like dayuse bc if I'm say in CS already but someone wants me to come north to Denver, I can easily get something there through them at noon or 1pm. Some offer early check in like 9am all the way to check out at 11. So I dont have to wait til 3 or 4pm to get ANOTHER place. I just love the flexibility and noncommitment of the check in hours which can be an issue at regular tellies.

Edited by Deja Dinero

I use to use Day Use, love it. But since I hate hotels I only do incalls at my secure apartment in DTC