Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldertruckguy-9225

Cynthia Weil

4 posts in this topic

Cynthia Weil passed last night. She was a lyric, and song writer extortioner!!! I am an old fart, growing up in the 60s. Of course, at that time, I had no idea who she was. So many of her songs and or lyrics were an interictal part of my life.  As I grew and matured, I came to learn who she was. So many top ten hits across the board;  Rock, country, blues, alternative. So many artists sang her songs. Her talent and creativity were as fresh in 2022 as they were in the 50s.

My favorite of hers': 'Make Your Own Kind of Music' Always have always will.

A loss in the music world for sure.  She and her hubby wrote tons of hits for so many artists.  Without her, her hubby and Carole King and her hubby the music of that era would be not be the same.

List of songs she and hubby wrote both separately and together.  Quite the list, yet like many of the greatest song writers I suspect most have never heard of her.  Again, not of a genre that was my favorite, but still an amazing talent and songwriter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_written_by_Barry_Mann_and_Cynthia_Weil

2 hours ago, average1 said:

… Carole King and her hubby the music of that era would be not be the same.

Let’s not forget Paul Williams.