mustang

Why is uber "better" than a taxi?

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sunshinelovely said:

i agree this is quite frustrating. i've had the problems at the airport so i decided to take one of the cabs from there because i had no choice, the uber kept taking my money whenever i would request a different driver because the other one didn't know where to pick me up from! just a waste of money. 

very frustrating. especially at the westin. they have no clue where the drop off or pick up is. 5 drivers came to pick me up, not one knew where the westin pick up is. i was still charged each time.

they have no clue where arrivals is. my guess is it’s a lack of READING and understanding the signage but folks not reading is no surprise.

38 minutes ago, Western ~P said:

very frustrating. especially at the westin. they have no clue where the drop off or pick up is. 5 drivers came to pick me up, not one knew where the westin pick up is. i was still charged each time.

they have no clue where arrivals is. my guess is it’s a lack of READING and understanding the signage but folks not reading is no surprise.

Girl Yes…. never again going or coming to DIA Westin in a ride share. 💀🙄

On 4/16/2024 at 7:56 PM, ilovewomen said:

Sorry you had problems with your Uber driver.

Not sure what you mean by “dropped off in incoming traffic at the Westin”.

Dropoffs are curbside at the doors for the airlines.

All pickups are on level 5, island 5, zones H & I. We are not allowed to pickup curbside at specific door numbers unless you require accessible help (handicapped).

Taxi pickups are on level 5, island 2….I think. In Denver we don’t have taxis just driving around where you can hail them like you can in NYC.

when coming around the curve approaching the westin. westin is the right. guy pulled over to the right when he sees the westin. its not a drop off area. theres oncoming speeding traffic. he says this is it and has me get out. i tell him this isnt a drop off, he says yes it is. theres no signage displayed that mentions its a drop off but he thinks it is for some reason. anyone can see where he dropped me off isnt a drop off area at all.

1 hour ago, Western ~P said:

yup, they need to READ the notes that we write when we request a ride. i usually write what I'm wearing and what I'm standing near.

On 4/18/2024 at 6:05 PM, Western ~P said:

when coming around the curve approaching the westin. westin is the right. guy pulled over to the right when he sees the westin. its not a drop off area. theres oncoming speeding traffic. he says this is it and has me get out. i tell him this isnt a drop off, he says yes it is. theres no signage displayed that mentions its a drop off but he thinks it is for some reason. anyone can see where he dropped me off isnt a drop off area at all.

Were you going to the Westin? If so, he should have dropped you off down below at the main entrance to the Westin.

If not and you were catching a flight, he should have dropped you off at the door on level 5 for the airline or near the south end or north end of the terminal if you were carrying in and already had your boarding pass.

I always ask my passengers what their preference is and if they have boarding passes, carrying in luggage and it the have TSA PreCheck. The way they answer the questions determine where I drop them off.

Unfortunately some rideshare drivers are idiots.

16 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

Were you going to the Westin? If so, he should have dropped you off down below at the main entrance to the Westin.

If not and you were catching a flight, he should have dropped you off at the door on level 5 for the airline or near the south end or north end of the terminal if you were carrying in and already had your boarding pass.

I always ask my passengers what their preference is and if they have boarding passes, carrying in luggage and it the have TSA PreCheck. The way they answer the questions determine where I drop them off.

Unfortunately some rideshare drivers are idiots.

my destination was the westin on that one occasion. i told him this cannot be a drop off area, he said yes it is. 

seems being dropped off or picked up at the hotel or even the airport, they just can’t get it right. shrugs