Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Savoir Faire

Instagram

7 posts in this topic

I have been denied access to my instagram for the past few days. I couldn't log on from my desktop, nor could I get them to submit codes to my phone. I also could not get them to reset my password as well. Then I just happened to try to log on from my phone and it allowed me to do so. Changed the password and then I was able to log on from my desktop. Can someone EXPLAIN why I was denied for days or what in your opinion happened? 

Instagram IS a phone app, hence (as I understand it} what you can do with your account, other than post, must be done by phone.  I have had a couple instances where google did not send my code to my phone.  I restarted my phone and everything was fine.

Edited by mustang

I have a fairly desirable Instagram handle and I am constantly getting password reset emails. Lots of people try to hack accounts. Make sure you use MFA 

12 hours ago, glassonion said:

I have a fairly desirable Instagram handle and I am constantly getting password reset emails. Lots of people try to hack accounts. Make sure you use MFA 

Glass I think you hit it on the head. I always log on from my desktop and all of a sudden, nothing would work and I couldn't get access it at all. After going on from my cell phone, I set up the two party verification/MFA and everything works but I noticed some shady hacking shit going on as well. Thanks for your input..........

13 hours ago, mustang said:

Instagram IS a phone app, hence (as I understand it} what you can do with your account, other than post, must be done by phone.  I have had a couple instances where google did not send my code to my phone.  I restarted my phone and everything was fine.

Mustang I always accessed it from my desktop, rarely on my phone............... And yes, I couldn't get it to send any codes anywhere until after I accessed it by cell phone. Thanks for your input, you guys have saved my day.........................

I have to turn off my VPN to access the Gram.   It seems to know and won't allow access if you're behind a VPN.

20 hours ago, CountryGentleman said:

I have to turn off my VPN to access the Gram.   It seems to know and won't allow access if you're behind a VPN.

ILW LOL of course not. I am good though, I need my instagram....................