Elle Blake

Talkin WWIII….

6 posts in this topic

Everybody is so consumed with politics.  Whether it’s on this platform, or anywhere else.  Providers:  we chose this as a profession, and make great money.  If we are honest, loyal and don’t get greedy.  Hobbiest :  you are on this platform because you love women, oh…. Too many reasons!   I’ll leave that to each individual!

But, in this small of an arena.  Really sad about all the negative vibes coming down.  
As Jack says “Can’t we all just get along?”  
It is frustrating.  Life that is.  But in hind-sight you could live in E. Palestine,  OH!  
Things could be much worse, then they are made up to be in this platform!!!!  
with that said:

Half of the people can be part right all of the time. Some of the people can be all right part of the time.  But, all of the people can't be all right all of the time.
I think Abraham Lincoln said that
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours.  I said that!

You are so right.  The politics are getting worse, we need more states people (as opposed to statesmen?) 

you can be in my dreams anytime 

Yep.  There is too much negativity with politicians making personal attacks (instead of disagreeing agreeably over policy).  Seems like compromise has gone out the window and it seems more important to "defeat the other side" rather than do what benefits the people who elected them.  The news seems to have gone to the extreme in their bias (both liberal and conservative).  The recent Fox news revelations are truly troubling (don't report the truth because it will upset our audience and will lose viewers to other stations).  Makes me sad and worries me about the future.

RE: Politics, I don't let differences about politics change the way I see you as a person.  We can all have different opinions and it's OK.  In fact, I'm glad there's debate.  The main thing I don't like is that so many people use singular anecdotes and draw massive generalizations from them.  That activity results in many people being misled and talking past each other instead of discussing the issues openly and honestly.  This happens on both sides of the "aisle" (even though its really more like a sphere).

Frustrating, to say the least.

29 minutes ago, CountryGentleman said:

RE: Politics, I don't let differences about politics change the way I see you as a person.  We can all have different opinions and it's OK.  In fact, I'm glad there's debate.  The main thing I don't like is that so many people use singular anecdotes and draw massive generalizations from them.  That activity results in many people being misled and talking past each other instead of discussing the issues openly and honestly.  This happens on both sides of the "aisle" (even though its really more like a sphere).

Frustrating, to say the least.

My irritation is that everyone wants to bitch bitch bitch, but nobody seems to want to even attempt to come up with some kind of a solution to our issues.

16 hours ago, Elle Blake said:

My irritation is that everyone wants to bitch bitch bitch, but nobody seems to want to even attempt to come up with some kind of a solution to our issues.

Truth.