Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparkey600

Rings of Power

16 posts in this topic

Have anyone watched this? Did you enjoy it? Me for one liked it a lot...remember it has a lot of episodes to answer all of the questions!

Good casting, great specially effects. great story line, so far GOLD in my watch list!

Had to watch the first two episodes twice. I just wanted to make sure I got the story correct. I love the hobbits eating berries! It is breathe taking beautiful! The costumes are incredible Celtic knots and all! 

23 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Had to watch the first two episodes twice. I just wanted to make sure I got the story correct. I love the hobbits eating berries! It is breathe taking beautiful! The costumes are incredible Celtic knots and all! 

Agreed! For sure!

I think my problem is that there is no book to reference to the series! If I had a book I would understand the storyline better. ❤️ 

I enjoyed the first episode and will continue to watch.  Visually it is stunning.  Some "serious" fans have not been kind with their reviews.  Sometimes I think folks have too high a standard for entertainment and forget that it is supposed to be fun !!

1 hour ago, average1 said:

I enjoyed the first episode and will continue to watch.  Visually it is stunning.  Some "serious" fans have not been kind with their reviews.  Sometimes I think folks have too high a standard for entertainment and forget that it is supposed to be fun !!

Thank you, @average1 I am honestly just trying to fallow the story and place everything. The beautiful countryside’ views and all. I realize that we are now as the viewers getting a glimpse of the beginning of time for each group be it elf’s, trolls, hobbits, a man who fell from space. It is all very fascinating . Just difficult to piece together in my head right now. I am definitely not a purest by looking for a book either. A book would only help me stay on track with the true story line as told by the film maker. I am looking forward To more now!!😍 Any Cliff notebooks would be appreciated!!🤔😁🥰🥰 

I have reason to Believe that the man who fell to earth was The wizard Gandalf? Remember how he created wind in the past? When every he was angered? So, We will find out more on Friday this coming week! I am excited! 

Not sure, but you might read The Silmarillion and Forgotten Tales. They may not match the script,  but should give you a foundation.

On 9/5/2022 at 5:38 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I have reason to Believe that the man who fell to earth was The wizard Gandalf? Remember how he created wind in the past? When every he was angered? So, We will find out more on Friday this coming week! I am excited! 

Yep, me too!
I think he is Gandalf though......It would make "movie" sense!

On 9/5/2022 at 9:48 AM, average1 said:

You know, not to "nerd" out here.....I digress  OK.. to TOTALLY nerd out here...Visually stunning for sure to agree with you!

I've read Lord of the Rings, probably 5 or 6 times, the Hobbit at least that many times and the Silmarillion (sp) twice. I've read anything Tolkien that has been published. I have to say this: after watching the first two episodes of Rings of Power, the producers have been very much setting the stage of so many great things that are going to come about. My hat's really off to them. If what I think is going to happen next, actually happens I'll be a happy camper! Remember, it's a SERIES, not everything's going to be explained in the first couple of episodes. I'm in 100% Can't wait for the next episode!    I think this series for everyone that loves this genre is going to have a very positive experience. Love it so far!

On 9/4/2022 at 0:06 AM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I'm glad you caught that.

Knowing you, why wouldn't you! hahaha!

10 minutes ago, sparkey600 said:

You know, not to "nerd" out here.....I digress  OK.. to TOTALLY nerd out here...Visually stunning for sure to agree with you!

I've read Lord of the Rings, probably 5 or 6 times, the Hobbit at least that many times and the Silmarillion (sp) twice. I've read anything Tolkien that has been published. I have to say this: after watching the first two episodes of Rings of Power, the producers have been very much setting the stage of so many great things that are going to come about. My hat's really off to them. If what I think is going to happen next, actually happens I'll be a happy camper! Remember, it's a SERIES, not everything's going to be explained in the first couple of episodes. I'm in 100% Can't wait for the next episode!    I think this series for everyone that loves this genre is going to have a very positive experience. Love it so far!

I read the Hobbit in Junior high (6th grade) and I read the rest of the series in high school!  I see myself as being a bit different but definitely not a nerd type. I really love everything this author wrote also. Just wish I had a guide to  reference too is all. Hell, that It's just me! I am so excited for the next shows to Come out too! 🤓

I love the red braidef beard! 😈🔥😈🔥 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Naughty thoughts

On 9/5/2022 at 5:38 PM, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

That's the "buzz" on all the sites right now. The "Stranger" might be Gandalf.....Me? I think so too!

Guess what is on my TV now? Have a wonderful evening!!💋💋💋💋