Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mustang

Google Voice SNAFU

6 posts in this topic

I had an experience today that I have never had before.  I have been texting back and forth for the last few days with a friend.  She suggested that she would like to rear my voice and asked me to call at a specific time.  I agreed, and at the appointed time, I called the very same number I had been texting for several days.  After ringing several times, a voice message told me to announce my name and Google voice would try to connect me.  OK, folks use Google voice for discretion.   After several rings, a very unexpected voice asked me to leave a message, Instead, figured I would just call back in a few.  I hung up, and no sooner laid my phone down, I was getting a call.  Figured it was my friend, calling back.  I looked at caller I.D. and it said that the call was from Ohio.  I answered and the male voice said, "I see I just missed your call can I help you"?  My friend had a California area code.  I don't believe in coincidences,  but my friend insists that they don't use Google voice.  Has anybody had this happen??  Am I being paranoid, or is my friend B.S, ing me???? 

9 hours ago, mustang said:

I had an experience today that I have never had before.  I have been texting back and forth for the last few days with a friend.  She suggested that she would like to rear my voice and asked me to call at a specific time.  I agreed, and at the appointed time, I called the very same number I had been texting for several days.  After ringing several times, a voice message told me to announce my name and Google voice would try to connect me.  OK, folks use Google voice for discretion.   After several rings, a very unexpected voice asked me to leave a message, Instead, figured I would just call back in a few.  I hung up, and no sooner laid my phone down, I was getting a call.  Figured it was my friend, calling back.  I looked at caller I.D. and it said that the call was from Ohio.  I answered and the male voice said, "I see I just missed your call can I help you"?  My friend had a California area code.  I don't believe in coincidences,  but my friend insists that they don't use Google voice.  Has anybody had this happen??  Am I being paranoid, or is my friend B.S, ing me???? 

Don't know what happened with you but maybe it's a software or something else to make prank with you, or maybe your friend is in trouble so you should take it serious. 

14 hours ago, mustang said:

Did you double check and make sure you dialed the correct number?

I think I would text her and tell her what happened and see if she has as explaination. In the old days lines used to get crossed.  Then ask her if she would call you. 

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

Did you double check and make sure you dialed the correct number?

yes ... I actually just selected the "call" option from the chat screen.

1 hour ago, mustang said:

yes ... I actually just selected the "call" option from the chat screen.

If your friend has changed her phone number since establishing her profile on the site you were chatting on and she has not updated her profile when you click the "call" button you call whoever now has her OLD number.  Might not be what happened, but would explain a lot.