Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Calisurfgirl

"Good for the goose good for the gander"

6 posts in this topic

I feel bad for not contributing to the forums as I have done prior. This topic though truly resonants with myself. Why such a contrast between the provider utilization of the site in comparison to the hobby side?

1 minute ago, Calisurfgirl said:

I feel bad for not contributing to the forums as I have done prior. This topic though truly resonants with myself. Why such a contrast between the provider utilization of the site in comparison to the hobby side?

I see hints of this  pop up from time to time but it’s often vague with regards to specifics. Do you mind clarifying or offering some detail on the difference? 

Does a provider have the opportunity for ATF Hobbist,  that notifies the provider when they are either publishing a topic,  commenting within the forums, and/or active within the site. The answer is No. When joining the site I noticed the " little red conversation bubble", next to some of the providers with a number within it . I did not know what is was at the time being a naive participant, a hobbyist actually explained what it was while we were engaged in conversation. "The red bubble" was to indicate that that provider had been caught self reviewing. So if a provider can get disciplined about self reviewing, why can't a hobbyist get an indicator for have multiple accounts or even caught via IP address? Does that clarify.

3 hours ago, Calisurfgirl said:

Does a provider have the opportunity for ATF Hobbist,  that notifies the provider when they are either publishing a topic,  commenting within the forums, and/or active within the site. The answer is No. When joining the site I noticed the " little red conversation bubble", next to some of the providers with a number within it . I did not know what is was at the time being a naive participant, a hobbyist actually explained what it was while we were engaged in conversation. "The red bubble" was to indicate that that provider had been caught self reviewing. So if a provider can get disciplined about self reviewing, why can't a hobbyist get an indicator for have multiple accounts or even caught via IP address? Does that clarify.

Great question, lady! I can’t wait to hear others respond! I have always wondered why the women-who pay for advertising is so heavily chastised here for all simple mistakes? I have never self-reviewed myself, but there have been a few wrongs on my part that I know client's/men have gotten away with such behaviors in the past. 

I have to agree with Kali on this. This would only make it safer for the ladies and help weed out the bad apples that pray on the providers we say we care so much about. I would think this would be a problem easy to solve. if not, then will someone explain it to me, like i'm a three year old. :unsure: JMHO. But, it's still my opinion. 

You are both absolutely correct, I concur with Kali's observation and comment,  her curious desire to see the responses from not just the person(s)that peruse or elected to establish themselves within the site. A community that is committed to provide a landscape/environment of mutual respect, a understood utilization of rules and expectations from both hobbyist and providers alike. A balance of communication and discretion. With that being stated, I am also grateful to have the opinion of two established hobbyists that have genuine inquiry and care for a providers position within this field.

On that note I would like to provide an additional example of what we (providers) endure while communicating and establishing not just ourselves within the community but also the relationships that we form on or off the site. I, choose today, March 31st of 2022 for a specific reason. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY -----------> Jackiemoon (BANNED), Saucer (BANNED), September2Remember (BANNED), Maclovin2 , and now the new and improved Justsomeguy23 (Newbie). Hope that you have a wonderful birthday and are surrounded with those who love and admire you on your special day. A celebration, to acknowledge the birth of a wonderful man.