Fitzwilliam Darcy

Last Week Tonight: Sex Work

8 posts in this topic

On 2/28/2022 at 9:09 AM, Fitzwilliam Darcy said:

John Oliver and his folks do their usual good job of an examining a topic, this time Sex Work.  Here is a link to the show on the Last Week Tonight YouTube Channel, so I don’t believe there are any copyright issues:

I just watched this 25min video. Wow!!!  This guy gets it!

Thank you for posting the link.

I need to catch up with John Oliver.  He is always a treat to watch.

I always enjoy the perspective and humor John brings to some pretty real and serious issues.   This one was outstanding.  The way society things about the sex trade keeps things unsafe, unfair and unappreciated.  The way they tie it to sex trafficking is so misleading and the laws do little to solve this serious problem. Glad John did this episode, though I don't think it will change many peoples' minds.

On 3/5/2022 at 7:41 AM, average1 said:

…The way they tie it to sex trafficking is so misleading and the laws do little to solve this serious problem. …

Especially when you consider that ‘sex trafficking’ is just a small part of the whole human trafficking situation.  How many sweat shop, nail salon, and agricultural workers are indentured?

On 3/4/2022 at 4:06 PM, lintlizard said:

The dude is ALWAYS right on.

lintlizard, you stole my thunder. I was going to say the same thing! 

Thumbs up!

On 2/28/2022 at 7:09 AM, Fitzwilliam Darcy said:

John Oliver and his folks do their usual good job of an examining a topic, this time Sex Work.  Here is a link to the show on the Last Week Tonight YouTube Channel, so I don’t believe there are any copyright issues:

Great rif