Savoir Faire

Guys/Providers have you ever encountered a bait and switch?

67 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2021 at 3:20 PM, Savoir Faire said:

Providers have you ever had a guy show up that wasn't the guy you text or scheduled the appointment with? Guys have you ever encountered a bait and switch before? I have been pretty fortunate and I have only had 2 baits and switches. LOL I showed up and the instructions were to come in and get comfortable. Well I had a feeling something was not right so I took a seat and waited. Sure enough, some huge guy dressed in woman's clothing comes out and motions for me to join in the back room. I respectfully asked for the girl on the profile and he LOL kept ignoring my request. So I again, respectfully said you are not who I came to see and he gets a MAJOR ATTITUDE LOL. I honestly was trying to be nice because I was hoping the girl I was looking for was the friend sharing the room. Can you believe he asked me to leave him a little something for his time. I gave him a look and that was the end of that comical show..........

That's a scary bait and switch dude. You are a patient man hoping she's in the next room. "Gimme three steps mister" It doesn't happen but for me usually they simply don't look anything like their pictures.....and not in a good way. And not even close. At that point I just walk. Other times they look sorta like the pictures, ask for the donation and proceed to tell you everything in an upgrade. If you're thinking it is something like STG, you would be wrong. It happened even on what you would think are the best sites, including the P site and here. My best experiences without exception are the ones where donation doesn't even come up. That's where reputation comes into play I think. 

On 11/11/2021 at 8:28 AM, Savoir Faire said:

Glide I must agree with you. I have politely declined each one of my bait and switches that I have encountered. Each bait and switch LOL developed a MAJOR ATTITUDE as a result of me leaving.

Back in my early hobby days I did encounter a handful of bait and switches. I'm not proud to say it, and I wouldn't do it today, but I stayed for each one of them. I more or less got what I paid for. I guess the thinking was, I had gotten all dressed up, hit and ATM and made the drive, I didn't want to go home empty handed, so to speak.

10 hours ago, gb0138 said:

That's a scary bait and switch dude. You are a patient man hoping she's in the next room. "Gimme three steps mister" It doesn't happen but for me usually they simply don't look anything like their pictures.....and not in a good way. And not even close. At that point I just walk. Other times they look sorta like the pictures, ask for the donation and proceed to tell you everything in an upgrade. If you're thinking it is something like STG, you would be wrong. It happened even on what you would think are the best sites, including the P site and here. My best experiences without exception are the ones where donation doesn't even come up. That's where reputation comes into play I think. 

GB I have been in a lot worst situations and I must say that being PATIENT has landed me a ton of good results. I don't frequent STG that often but I have had excellent success on it. Same as TOB/Tryst, excellent success. To be honest, I think back page many years ago is where I encountered my mishaps. I am glad you haven't had any trouble, we all want to have fun and be safe at the same time. Here is an example of a girl that I saw from TOB. She was the girl on the posted ad, sexy blonde with an awesome body. I went to see her, all was good, left her a review and all. I then saw her next review was a bait and switch with. Somehow she posted her profile but the girl that opened the door was her traveling friend. I saw both of them and thats a bait and switch I would have stayed for LOL.........

7 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Back in my early hobby days I did encounter a handful of bait and switches. I'm not proud to say it, and I wouldn't do it today, but I stayed for each one of them. I more or less got what I paid for. I guess the thinking was, I had gotten all dressed up, hit and ATM and made the drive, I didn't want to go home empty handed, so to speak.

M87 I can certainly imagine not wanting to waste the trip going back on empty................. I think times have gotten a little better when it comes to bait and switch situations or I am just lucky.

Earlier in my hobby experience I mostly engaged with providers while travelling for business.  As such, most experiences were one time events. That made for a few questionable encounters in terms of matching expectations with reality. Nothing dramatic (cross dressing guys? Sheesh...). No more business travel. My encounters here in Denver have included zero bait and switch, probably because I stick with well-reviewed TOB locals and frequent visitors. 

On 11/20/2021 at 0:14 AM, sb1212 said:

Earlier in my hobby experience I mostly engaged with providers while travelling for business.  As such, most experiences were one time events. That made for a few questionable encounters in terms of matching expectations with reality. Nothing dramatic (cross dressing guys? Sheesh...). No more business travel. My encounters here in Denver have included zero bait and switch, probably because I stick with well-reviewed TOB locals and frequent visitors. 

SB12 I am on the same page when it comes to seeing TOB providers. Tryst is pretty good for me as well. Here is a toast to our track records continuing to be 100 percent accurate ....................................

On 11/19/2021 at 9:38 PM, Savoir Faire said:

M87 I can certainly imagine not wanting to waste the trip going back on empty................. I think times have gotten a little better when it comes to bait and switch situations or I am just lucky.

Certainly better. Have had a few NCNS last couple of years, but haven't encountered a B & S in a while. No hobby is perfect I guess but I'm not going back to collecting coins. 🤣