Bookingariel

Valentine’s Day is creeping 🗣

7 posts in this topic

What type of guy are you ? Do men even care about Valentine’s Day as much as women do? Lol Is it normal to do things ? Would you be into 50shades of gray for fun just to say you did it one time ? Make plans and do a spontaneous surprise pop up or special delivery 

Simple ... card, flowers, candy

A Special  gift  And four play 

Dinner date, drinks, a movie

Spoil your woman / a woman of your choice 

A nice Purse 

A Sexy pair of heels you can tell a woman to wear for you ? 

Like most everything else (to me at least) it's become way too commercialized to the point it more feels forced where you feel "obligated" to do or get SOMETHING. Dont get me wrong when I'm with someone I lean towards more of a "hopeless romantic" and love to spoil my girl. But I would rather NOT do anything for valentine's day and pick a random day that's going to be more of a surprise so that it means more. Not to mention for the day itself everyone sky rockets their prices because they know people feel obligated and will pay the price and then as soon as the day is over they cut their prices in half (sometimes more) again, which to me is rather disgusting that people are so low to take advantage of that kind of thing when they know they are going to have more sales/customers regardless so they are still going to make a ton of money even if they left prices the same. And how is it really special if you (the ladies) KNOW we are going to do (or at least attempt to do) something special for you? Does the point of the whole day not fade away if it's a day your "supposed" to do something. To me it would seem better or more romantic if you do it randomly SOMEWHERE in the month that is not on the exact date everyone else is. Would you ladies disagree with that kind of explanation if your man was the same way and told you he didnt want to do anything ON valentine's day? Or would you still rather him go through the motions just to make you happy?

Yeah that makes total sense. Every year I never do anything just take myself out to eat or shopping. It basically feels like another day. Your right the commercials and advertisements for Valentines is way out. A lot of restaurants are booked up it better to do something before Valentine’s Day or on a regular day ❤️. I live in vegas and there is no much to do but I’m from California . There’s soo much more things to do out there and the weather is perfect lol . 

I told my wife that her flowers for Valentines Day would be virtual and that I wasn't going to overspend on flowers just because it Valentines Day.

She looks at me and says "do whatever you feel is right".

So I am NOT buying flowers for her.

4 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I told my wife that her flowers for Valentines Day would be virtual and that I wasn't going to overspend on flowers just because it Valentines Day.

She looks at me and says "do whatever you feel is right".

So I am NOT buying flowers for her.

I ran your wife's statement through the TMG (Translation for Married Guys) app that I recently downloaded and it came back: " OK, you cheap SOB. Dont exepct to get any lovin' tonight. Or tomorrow. Or, maybe, for a while."      

Look at where he's posting, and then the comment about not getting any 'lovin' makes a bit more sense. ;P

3 hours ago, sb1212 said:

I ran your wife's statement through the TMG (Translation for Married Guys) app that I recently downloaded and it came back: " OK, you cheap SOB. Dont exepct to get any lovin' tonight. Or tomorrow. Or, maybe, for a while."      

It's been 30 years :eek:  we've been married 49 years.  Whoops...48 years.  It just feels like 49 years:lol:

I've never been cheap, even around Valentines Day.  I'd spend $50 on flowers and then a nice gift I would think she would like....up until about 10 years ago. She started telling to quit wasting money on overpriced flowers.  So I did as I was told.  Still bought flowers...just didn't overspend.

All kidding aside, I will wind up buying her flowers.

I'm not a complete asshole, even though some may think I am.

But the 30 years is fairly accurate.  I've lost count of the years since we....

Edited by ilovewomen