AsiaKym

Backpage "ghosting" my paid ads. Any help would be appreciated...

11 posts in this topic

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else was having this extremely frustrating problem with Backpage. I have spent about $50 in the last few days posting ads on Backpage. In the account, it says that my ad is published and live but when I go to find it in the listings, even when I do a search for it with my phone number, it cannot be found. Whether it's "live" or not, it's been ghosted and is not viewable by anyone.

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? I have tried to send them emails (like 6 different emails) to resolve the problem and I get no response. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated. I did not see any kind of customer service phone number either and they clearly do not respond to email.

27 minutes ago, AsiaKym said:

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone else was having this extremely frustrating problem with Backpage. I have spent about $50 in the last few days posting ads on Backpage. In the account, it says that my ad is published and live but when I go to find it in the listings, even when I do a search for it with my phone number, it cannot be found. Whether it's "live" or not, it's been ghosted and is not viewable by anyone.

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this? I have tried to send them emails (like 6 different emails) to resolve the problem and I get no response. Any help on how to fix this would be appreciated. I did not see any kind of customer service phone number either and they clearly do not respond to email.

I too am having the same problem as of today. So are several other girls who called me today saying they cant find there post, or they cant post at all. I am not sure if this has anything to do with it. But there is a recent thread about backpage CEO being arrested in Texas. IDK exactly what the problem is. Call our mutual friend he should know how to help.

Edited by Nikki Holiday

A couple of things I've noticed ...

1) BP's search just generally sucks.  That might explain why you can't find your ad by searching.  It never works right for me, FWIW.

2) There is a big difference with what you see when you switch between "Top" and "Date" when sorting BP listing.  Try sorting by date and see if you ad appears.

56 minutes ago, MikeInCOSprings said:

A couple of things I've noticed ...

1) BP's search just generally sucks.  That might explain why you can't find your ad by searching.  It never works right for me, FWIW.

2) There is a big difference with what you see when you switch between "Top" and "Date" when sorting BP listing.  Try sorting by date and see if you ad appears.

I posted on there, it doesn't show me posting on the site at all. Nothing was removed. So.... IDK. 

I also saw the news reports about the Backpage CEO being arrested but I would think that the entire site would be down as it was when the FBI seized MyRedBook.com and shut them down. One of the girls I work with posted and her ad went up immediately. It's so frustrating because I've paid for the ads, even purchased upgrades thinking that perhaps if I paid to move it to the top of the listing, it would be viewable but nothing works, I've written countless emails to Backpage "support" and haven't gotten even an acknowledgement of my complaint, much less a resolution. With the CEO arrested, I wonder how much longer advertising adult services on Backpage will even be an option, which is really unfortunate for me because I just purchased $200 in BP credits, only to realize it was a waste.

When you first post on there you can't see your ad. You have to go into your account and delete the posting and then renew it, and add on another city. This works for me when I use BP. Hope this this helps! :) You can always pm me too if you need any additional help. 

Edited by RoxyLove303

10 minutes ago, light kisser said:

AsiaKym- Your adds are posted on BP. 

How did you find them?

I thought I saw them yesterday but now that I looked, I can't seem to find them! Weird!!! 

Thanks everyone for your input. They are finally up now. I sent them countless emails and they never responded. Finally I sent them an email and told them I was going to dispute the charges with my credit card company and get my $150 back (what I put on my posting credits). I didn't hear anything back so I called VIsa and they canceled the charge for me. Then suddenly, my ad was up. I'm not sure if they will take it down once they see that I cancelled the charges but maybe they have their hands full with their CEO amidst so much litigation...