Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gr8owl

This will bear watching - election year in Texas

9 posts in this topic

There going to go after every single website and person they can. Backpage or not.

Edited by Nikki Holiday

This isn't good news. At all. For the obvious reasons, pimping and trafficking for the CEO of BackPage is ridiculous but also because we could be losing our biggest advertising site by far.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the quality of BP the affects will be widespread. For many it was the only option if there was no local board, yes there are national ad boards but they tend to not be widespread. So if BP crashes and burns there will be many not knowing what the hell to do.

I will definitely be curious to see how all this plays out.

We have sites like TOB TER ECCIE EROS that we can still post on. The guys are not stupid. They know how to get laid. As for backpage, they have been fighting them the whole way. They are not a bunch of ass kissers. For all we know this maybe a move thats been done to scare him, and to get him to back down with public humiliation. Innocent until proven guilty. Why in the fuck are they not investigating real crimes like provider getting beaten up? WTF 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

I doubt the attorneys general will prove any intentional criminal activity. They may be able to cow backpage, with ongoing legal attacks, and innuendo in the media, into quitting this type of advertising, however. 

I'm guessing this is the beginning of the end, for "boy meets girl" on backpage. Makes me sad.

7 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I doubt the attorneys general will prove any intentional criminal activity. They may be able to cow backpage, with ongoing legal attacks, and innuendo in the media, into quitting this type of advertising, however. 

I'm guessing this is the beginning of the end, for "boy meets girl" on backpage. Makes me sad.

It's kind of funny to me, so BP is charged with conspiracy to profit off prostitution. But how do they not profit off it? If I understand the last few charges correctly it could have been much worse. The wording to me implies that anyone who posts on BP in California makes the owners of BP "pimps" in the loosest of ways. I have a feeling that they''ll be able to shake most of it off or at least I hope. I like you am sad about it, it could be the end of an era.