Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zizi909909

Hello, newbie alert!

4 posts in this topic

Hello TOB,

Brand new here but had a couple questions if anybody would be willing to answer them for me.

I was over on the ECCIE forums (have had an account over there for a very long time but never posted, different username) and while looking through the provider ads and also the review sections it was said that TOB was the place for Colorado users as ECCIE is hugely popular in Texas but not up here as much. So I am thankful to the post referring me this way to a more engaged meeting spot.

One of the things I have noticed from several providers (the ones who actually have great reviews and seem like real legit people) is that they require usually 2 references at the minimum. Well for a newbie this obviously proves a problem when the top tier want to be cautious, and the newbies want to make sure they too are cautious. I have never used a provider before but have been lurking for years and finally want to get into this hobby. Any advice from seasoned members for newbies on how to secure a couple great references safely? 

Next question, is there a list of what a lot of these acronyms mean? I have been able to google/figure some of them out, but a list pinned to the forums would be wonderful. The reviews guys leave are immensely helpful but as a newbie to the lingo it can be hard to decipher what exactly was done.

Looking forward to spending lots more time on here getting to know people, and eventually popping my hobby cherry!

Thanks for the replies pfunk and pointymoustache. Have had a couple of amazing providers here personally PM me with some great tips and advice. Great way to show a newbie around and to move up to the top of the wish list.

That thread is a wonderful resource pfunk, must read for sure. UD is also a great resource for the unknown meanings but at times fails... I personally think some people make up their own lingo thinking it makes sense to everybody when in fact it isn't recognized quite yet leaving people out in the dark. Either way appreciate the feedback!